Suggested EE changes for S5

Discussion in 'Wars' started by __lIllFlIYllEIlGlIGlIlI__, Jun 26, 2015.

1. We all enjoy KAW for different reasons. Some love OSW, others EB's. I simply play for the EE. I fear the suggested S5 changes by the devs will lower participation drastically. The way it is written now caters to the LB and SH accounts. While they are the players who are paying more of the salary than others, there will not be many who can participate at a decent level. Therefore, I'm offering my suggestions on how to fix what we already use.
    Indi Wars

The current problems as I see them: Some teams are left without a tracker or WC. Sometimes teams are unbalanced (too many of one build, not enough of another). Not being able to war with friends. Inactivity, moles, lack of xtals - which I can see no legitimate fix.
    Suggested solution: Allow for 3 new spells to be cast. Team Captain, War Comm, Tracker. All builds are broken into groups by strength (as they are now). Two people are given Team Captain by strength within the group. They then pick or draft their rosters taking turns. They are able to see who is willing to WC and Track by seeing the spells. Allow 30 seconds - 1 minute per pick. If they do not pick, take the strongest automatically. After the draft concludes, place them into their respective clans and let the prepping continue. The downfall, we would need an additional 30 mins of prep time for the draft.
    Primal Wars

The current problems as I see them: Lower participation than indi wars, poor matching. Hansels without ADP pay poorly. Stacking - which will always happen
    Suggested Solution: Make tiers where clans can fill rosters to compete. For example: 250M CS and below, 250-350M, 350-475M, 475-600M, 600-750M, 750M+. Teams will then know how to set a roster and should not expect mismatches.
    Alternately: Count spy stats x1.25 vs attack stats and make it strength based similar to clan roster and how it is set by strength. In which case, take the first list of tiers and bump them all 15% or so account for true strength.
    Regarding pay for hitting different builds, I'm not sure there needs to be a change here. But many have wanted it.
    Round Wars

The current problems as I see them: Poor participation due to stacked rosters. BFA/BFE tend to win these wars.
    Suggested Solution: Lower the effect of bfe/bfa from 2% down to 1% or possibly totally eliminate it? Don't allow for as large a variance in Bfe+Bfa when setting match. Start with combined stats and weigh them heavier in matching formula. Another possible solution would require tuning the plunder mechanics which I'd rather not see happen.
    War Time(s)

I'm sure the devs would like to get 2 hour wars to increase the pay they receive from wars. I have no problem with it. If you seal and xtal on an HTE, you are giving more money in a shorter time than EE wars. I still prefer 1 hour wars and believe more people can and will participate vs longer wars. Maybe we could make a war xtal that costs 2x as much to give back to the devs who satisfy our desire to do wars? I know, most won't favor this, ha.
    Also, If we use a format like s4 and what we currently have, could we switch the way wars are run? I'd like to see odd numbered weeks stay the same. In even numbered weeks we reverse the schedule. This would allow for people to get more war types into their schedules.
    Conclusion

Thank you to all who read down this far, I know it's wordy. I simply love the EE aspect of the game. I want it to be fair to all who participate. I am the rare type who would rather lose a close war than to win in a blowout. I'm all for strategy of the war winning, not who can make the best roster before war. I welcome all comments and criticism. Just hoping to make the game more enjoyable to all. Thank you :D

2. Support any solution that keeps indy wars.

3. Solid thoughts as expected bro

4. Support, well presented.

5. SUPPORT!

Keep the indies safe while I do season 5

6. Take off bfa/bfe?? I don't think many people will like that.

7. I have a SH alt I use in round wars currently. The problem is the 80% no match and lack of clans signing up. I'm not sure there is a fix for round wars. The participation is lower than the other formats. It's the only thing I could see helping to make if more fair for others.

8. Support to the tiered brackets in Primal wars, probably the best solution to solve mismatches

9. This guy knows what's up

10. Dmerch for dev

Open your eyes devs this player knows what he's on about

Great thread bro from one of the best

11. I would say remove all primal and roudn wars from season 5 (ppls always find their way to built their expliot rosters for clan wars

set up 4 war format

1) indi round war clan vs clan (bfa/bfe on)
    same rules as current indi wars
    2) indi primal war clan vs clan (bfa/bfe off)
    same rules as current indi wars but take off bfe/bfa
    3) indi round war p v p (bfa/bfe on)
    when match up, 30 simulr strength pps will be group together and everyone can hit the other 29
    ppls. top 15 plunders get winner reward, bottom 15 plunders get loser refund
    4) indi primal war p v p (bfa/bfe off)
    same rules as 3) but take off bfe/bfa

So every building get a chance to win at war format 1) & 2);
    War 3) & 4) will encourage ppls to work on their building/stats to have a better winning chance

Also, I would like devs can do something to fix the problems of moles, inactives and cc spammers for indi war.
    let ppls can click a button to vote. when 50%+ ppls voted, they can silence the cc spammer, they can kick the inactive or mole ( I do think ppl would like war 14 vs 15 rather than an inactive / mole to be leak in war).

12. LOVE THISSSSSSSSSSSS

13. The 3 indi spells will probably be exploited but support everything else.

14. Good thinking kyle
    Where do I sign up for season five

15. Support. No way does my build fit in round wars!

16. I love the thought of this kyle i think it will allow many more ppl doing wars yes there will still be moles,no xtals, and inactive but think about it even in regular wars there is always a chance for someone going inactive (much less but still a chance) support merchi and kyle

17. No support to Kyle - many people like and prefer to war with clans like how EE used to be.

18. Hey stop talking about kyle when we are discussing op thread jeez such disrespect, make ur own thread kyle 

19. People will just cast wc spell to troll other clans