An Update on Season 5 + Wars!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

O have no clue what this is but okay...

2. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

What you're proposing is that IF you're selected as one of the chosen 30, you then have to war at random times outside of your own timezone because you think everyone has lives that surround playing your game?

You also think that Round Wars will still work? Even tho participation has dropped to zero?

If you want warriors to beta test this, try including a sample of each build type from a clan who wars a lot. Not necessarily us, although I'd certainly tell you what I thought.

3. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Worth looking into. What do you think kaw_admin?

4. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Wow thats a long story u tell lol

5. So we will be forced to war, also during the week at 3am before we have to go to work?
    What is with ppl which are not Part of a warring clan? They will be out of S5? Sounds like a good idea but not useful for a war season. For a tournament or ASW it will work

6. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Good point.
    I have my alt and friends want to do season 5 but no bfa towers and poor bfe. Maybe u can join my alt' war company.
    the problem is I dont see we have 0.01% chance to win. Its so unfair to us.
    pls let devs make bfe bfa and towers pay us 3x plunders. To let my war company stand a chance to win.

7. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Not sure whether that was sarcasm or not Tom.
    To the point (skipping ssh exploit)
    Devs -
    -change round to primal
    -change 2h to 1h
    -change roster cap to 50

Boom^ and we can have a good season

8. Try hard VK.

9. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

For this to work as a round robin with finals you need precipitants to make it worth while.

Everyone has to war against each other once
    So first war mid balanced war clan vs a lb/sh stacked clan the mid balance war clan will say screw this and drop out and get on with life

After the first few wars at getting up in the wee small hrs and warring for two hrs the enthusiasm for war will wane and clans will struggle to fill roster and ff matches and get ko

As wc try's to organise rosters ppl will cry as they are left out or disagree with tactics numbers will drop and will be ko out of season 5

So how many clans will be still warring season 5 after 2nd week 60-70% I guess and if start of round war is to go by that will drop every week until only the lb/sh will be left in

No need for finals

Waste of time and effort would have been as well not running a war season and keep running off season wars at least ppl would take part

10. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Here is your beta test results. No one loves you when your wack. Oh I'm supposed to be helping my fault. Let me think of an idea that's better than the trash I just read. How about a mix of all the season formats. Summer wars primal individual and round. Rotate it weekly for two months. Something for everyone just tier the divisions for round primal and summer wars. Clans cast within a specific tier so they have to manage their rosters. Each tier has a minimum cs requirement. For example summer wars format tier is 3 tril -3.5 tril cs min casted is 70 mil cs etc etc. I thought of this in 2 minutes which still took longer than you did with that forum post.

11. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Lots of speculating without any data.
    Premature if so easy everyone could WC
    Give it a chance with so much time til S5

12. Was waiting for s5 but didn't expect this. 2 hour is way too long for war .most of us here aren't jobless to tap tap for 2 hour straight. That surprise of random timing for war failed to surprise me rather than thinking of a stupid and biased idea . Dev should have make it 1 hour war and fixed timing for war. Beside this 2 major fact I'm OK with rest

13. support if the times are scheduled into slots rather than random, i cant war while asleep or working like most, so that idea is no good for atleast half of kaw.

14. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Yep it's long and a bit confusing wouldn't expect anything else but from stat and he will develop this in time to work perfect and like all his good ideas in the past that a lot of ppl agree with the devs will ignore it as they always do

15. that guy stat is onto sumtin :) pay attention devs lol

16. Wow. This is horrible. Who comes up with this stuff?

1. 30? Really? Make it max clan size: 100. U really want to break clans up like that? That's hardly fair. Why allow us to have 100 members clans, then tell us u need to abandon 70?
    2. Random times? U do realize that we are actual human beings with real lives and jobs and families and so on, very much like urselves, and we have better stuff to do than be on standby to war any given time of day? R u kidding? What is wrong with u people....
    3. 2 hour wars? We have evolved past dedicating 2 hours to war (other than the hour before to prep) just for a game, and for how long? A couple of months or a month? Seriously, what is wrong with u? R u guys OK? The summer wars were 6 hours but it was a weekend so we made the time. Don't let that fool u.

Please try to be smart about this. Seriously. U r just making us even angrier. Its getting ridiculous.

17. Support

18. Isn't this still in the discussion phase? So ok, you identified the problems you see...now take a breath, calm down and give some solutions...

1. In a clan of 100, many will be alts and others won't want to war...you think 30 is too few, but 100 probably is too extreme the other way. It seems that devs want to reduce pure merc teams.

2. You don't like random times but many in parts of the world not currently covered with good war times would like to see some love too...you have a better idea?

3. With current prep time 1 hour wars are already pretty time consuming...(tried to play devils advocate but I really have to agree here)

If people want to war more, just join another war? I would suggest that longer times would discourage more people from participating, while probably not adding all that much in terms of gameplay.

19. So total clan strength is taken into account for tournament or potentially clans with no chance of winning get matched with clans of no chance of losing?

Also as I've said for the last 2 years your pvp system needs updating. Hit ranges, build issues, new potions, and plunder all haven't been updated as new lands and buildings have come out.

20. So if we use 10 nobility instead of a crystal do we get 10 nobility back, a crystal back, or nothing because we didnt use an actual crystal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.