An Update on Season 5 + Wars!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

You're much too polite Burns. Who on earth is this proposal designed to please? It is inconceivable that they will even get 16 teams through to a playoff.

2. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

I love how the format promotes clan loyalty. And thank you for finally announcing something.

But I'm confused. We currently have round/primal/indi war formats. Indi is by far the most popular, and round is by far the least popular. And we get only round wars for season 5?

How about round/primal divisions? Or some indi/clan hybrid formats that have been suggested?

3. Night even for you that was beyond stupid. Comparing a yearly event of a couple wars to a full season of two hour wars? Really?

4. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Season 3 was literally all sh and dominated by the sh clans. GH was a pain in S2 but 3 made 2 look fair

5. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Thought I was going to be the only one disappointed with s5 war but I think as usual it will all be in vain the devs will steam roller this out and then wonder why ppl not warring so guess they will put out a event to make it all better

6. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Good idea a lot of problems though:
    1. 30 people to build a roster of 20 every war? More realistic would be 30 people building a 10 man roster.
    2. People can not adjust there sleep patterns for wars that is a unreasonable request, maybe if you could have different leagues one for a US evening war time, One for a EU evening war time and so on.
    3. You said round wars? (I'm going to try and stay calm) have you seen your recent amount of sign ups to round wars? You seriously think the 95% of builds that have adapted for primal are going to be happy with this change back? Make these wars primal I beg you.

7. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

4. What happens to iwars in all this iwars are great fun and a way for the whole community, whatever the build, to war. So do they just get left behind now?
    5. You said that people are quick to find a way to get the upper hand? I see no way to stop people using LB/sh rosters like they did in S3 that killed round wars so how is this system helping?
    6. 16 teams of 30 in playoffs? That's 480 people of which 320 are warring every war to not get disqualified. I'm pretty sure even the most popular iwars don't get that any sign ups.

It's a movement towards something that could be great in my mind though it needs a lot of changes to make it suitable for everyone and to keep war sign ups going.

8. Seriously if this is s5 and they also remove Indi wars (which I used to think were the worst things ever...clearly stand corrected) I'm done and retiring.

9. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Read Ops thread better.
    Many ppl need a 2nd reading n absorb better

10. No we don't, it's crap no matter how many timed read.

11. Yay I'm agreeing with Silencio. Oh look, a polished turd!

12. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

With the mixed reviews on S5, I wonder how the devs will move forward.

I would like the war company to be 40 or so. And indi's for a different tournament. The crystals is what will prevent me from doing S5.

13. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

It's all gone very Dev quiet. Back to the drawing board or you've just killed your cash cow a good 18 months early. I guarantee that participation in this new 'event' will be dramatically lower than the last time you put your heads in the trough.

14. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

May not be a favorable option but to truely make it balanced place 40-50 people in clans and keep them there all season. Let people go home after war. Then let that clan pick 20 people to war each round

15. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

How about this?

-Then make new pots for war only?
    -set a land tier for mids with buildings to buy
    -During the hour before war, you can purchase
    -After war end, all unused pots refunded
    -That nerfs SH

Powerful Pots will make SH fail mids even with hit restriction off. Nothing worse then signing up to war and being outclassed. SH abuse that and now it backfires

16. So 1 hour to prep and 2 hours fow war. All my enthusiasm destroyed. I cant give 2 hours straight day in day out. Goodbye season wars.

17. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

No support ...
    Ppl with lives and families need fixed war times.... 2 hours to war with an hour to prep is to much (3 hrs total) ....you have to keep Indy wars ... They seem to be the most fair at the moment ..primals and especially rounds are now stacked ... Primals with 13 ps1 and 2 huge tanks,,, and rounds with 10 ssh and 5 lbs...
    You most keep indys as it gives everyone a chance to war and win season rewards

18. I'm sure people are gonna have a great time sitting out wars while their battle group is warring for two hours.

19. Ty op. Some good ideas in this thread.

The time (gmt) and day of the week affect availability and participation. These have not been published.

At a guess, the nature of a round robin and playoff model will make it tempting for devs to to target the busiest times (lets call it North American prime time).

Players outside that timezone would be unable to compete.

One possible way to address this is allowing significantly more than 30 people in the main squad, and deliberalty including 1 hour wars in non north American friendly timeslots.

This would be necessary in playoffs as well as finals need to be played in the same "conditions" else its not worth entering at all.

This would encourage clans with broad geographic membership to participate....and reduce the need for players to leave their clans to participate.

20. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Yes.

I think it is a solid idea. I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.