Responses on Your Voice

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Amun-Ra, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Hello community,
    The following is what has been returned to me on your feedback from the thread "Your voice matters to me". The following is from the staff at ATA word for word.

~TG
    ----------------------------------------------------------

-Hit Ranges are Too High

Hit Ranges in Kingdoms at War haven’t changed over the years. We’ve always allowed larger players to hit smaller players and vice versa. This is a balance that ensures each player has actionable targets in their battle list. In reality though, big players that go after small players get pretty terrible payout. Small players going after large players (while it’s difficult to do) can get a better payout. Generally potions help to balance this as well (both in attacking larger, and defending), though the last round of potions we added had to be removed after a largely negative response from players.

While hit ranges haven't changed as they're based on providing players with an appropriate number of enemies on the battle list we'll continue to monitor and model out possible changes.

-Playerbase Progression Gap

Kingdoms at War has been an active and thriving game for over five years, and over that time we’ve continued to provide content for our ever growing player base. It’s true this has led to some gaps in player progression over that time.

When we launched the most recent Abyss levels we tried to help combat this by improving early game progression. By using feedback from our players after our Grow Weekend event we decided to bring back our increased payout on Early/Mid tier epic battles as a permanent thing. We also recently added bridge levels to both Hoarfrost and The Abyss to help players make incremental upgrades.

-War System Issues

We’ve spent a large amount of resources on the matchup system over the years but regardless of what we do there will always be those who seek to abuse or manipulate the systems in place to gain an upperhand on their opponents. While those looking back at past seasons or systems tend to do so with rose coloured glasses, there’s never been a well received system.

We’ve also attempted longer (and larger roster) wars in the past and have had a poor turnout. We’re looking at some changes for Season 5, but will be announcing more info on those specifics at a later date.

The goal of allowing players to purchase previous­season War Equipment using Mithril was to allow players to work towards these powerful pieces of equipment. We only ever made equipment available this way long after the season was over, granting those who do participate in the season exclusive early timed access. In addition, those earning equipment through the season could do so easier than those working for them using mithril. We do understand though, that some of you were upset to not have these pieces of equipment exclusive to the season, and so we will be reevaluating how season rewards are structured in the future.

In regards to War Abuse, this is something we’re aware of. There are unfortunately always those looking to ruin the fun of others and we do take action when reports come in. Sadlythis isn’t limited to just low level alts, and we feel that preventing people from joining a war because they haven’t hit an arbitrary level of progression isn’t the answer.

War Crystals are something that were suggested long ago and while we aren’t able to bring them in the original form we’re going to be testing something similar. When players participate in a war they’ll now have a chance to have the Health Crystal they used refunded. This will happen for both winning and losing teams, with the winning team having better odds.

-PvP

We launched our first ever PvP Hybrid event several months ago after seeing demand from our players for PvP actions to make their way into our events. Since that first event we’ve continued to incorporate PvP into almost all of our events in some way. We’re still experimenting with different ideas and finding the perfect balance, and we will continue to improve upon this.

Increasing PvP Payout outside of events raises concerns about players farming their own alts, and so on. At this time we don’t have plans to increase PvP payout. There are opportunities for increased payout again in our events with the new Sword and Clan Spell Bonuses.

-Ally Market

Ally inflation is an organic trend that reflects the in­game economy. Unfortunately this isn’t something we can (or should) artificially limit as allies do play an important role in the entire scope of the game. The simplest solution for this is to have new allies, though this is dependent on new players coming in to the game (addressed below).

Some players have suggested the idea of a Max Ally Plunder Spell for new users to help them get started, and this is something we’re considering though we don’t have any further info at this time.

We do acknowledge that the ally market is something that needs some love, and we’re evaluating a number of solutions. None are easy fixes though so this will take time.

-Free Content

Kingdoms at War already provides players with a large amount of free content such as Epic Battles, Equipment, Banners (including Spy Banners), Events, and more. We also regularly launch new Epic Battles, equipment, and content for our users.

It’s true that we do have Premium Epic Battles which can help to accelerate your progress. The goal of these was to allow a single player to purchase an item for the greater good of their entire clan providing them with higher plunder. While these specific EB’s do help increase the speed of growth they’re by no means required to progress.

2. Basically we are back where we started from reading that I really don't see any drastic changes coming anytime soon although I'm not too surprised. Season 5 still not start anytime soon, and will obviously not be this summer. No current plans to fix hit ratios which was one of the main issues mentioned. And no real details on improving the current war system anytime soon either. All in all the latest update on the new levels is the only thing that's going to benefit all the current issues going on at this time. I'm willing to bet they will be announcing another dang event within the next week or two as well. Stand corrected is see they made a post about season 5 praying this format goes well.

3. Thanks for the hard work getting this response to us. This is the result of the community, Titan and the devs working together to find solutions to issues. I just hope more will come out of this in the long run :)

4. Your response makes me almost as angry as their response. Almost

5. Seems like they basically just brushed off all of the issues brought up.

6. Lmao yep, be positive community as they give you the finger.

7. Ok? I personally have my issues with some of their decisions but we have managed to push these issues into the eyes of the devs. Thanks to the community and Titan the devs see a list of some of the biggest issues we have and in return we get to see dev opinions on the matter. I really dislike the way they brushed of the war abuse and hit range issues but a lot of what they put made perfect sense. I still think HTE is a bigger issue than the devs are willing to admit but they have at least lowered the issue for the time being. I just want to see how they deal with the overpowered event equipment in the long run.

Again plenty of effort went into this whether or not we like the outcome.

8. Are you kidding me? This was the ultimate act of shallow appeasement. Thet basically said screw you to everything brought up. Jesus, kid, calk it for what it is.

9. What they did was deflect the issues. They HAD to say something, so the did. This was basically the very least they could do considering they HAD to do something. A mod got involved, publicly, and the kawmunity got more vocal than ever. So they sent this.
    Every word of that document is a slap in the face to every concern that was voiced by the community and to every hour of work put in by Titan.

10. Good But still needs moré Work in detail:

Clan Co-owner
    Clan daily reward
    Clan loyalty bonus (you leave clan you lose it)
    Make TVP either a pay EB for MiTh or Return The normal Stats of EB.
    Mix some Primal Indies
    Round wars are almost death, not Many clans warring at All.
    Maybe a in App to Play some pool, Cards, while u regen...

Thx

11. They have taken on board the inflation issue however as many of us have said in the past it's not an easy fix at all. They have stated that they are looking into a max plunder spell for new accounts which is a big win for the community if they implement it. The devs avoided a lot of questions but also gave answers for a lot of things. If we get a couple improvements out of all of this it will most definitely be a success.

12. There's not enough facepalms in the world to reply to this.

13. Too much emotions go into so many posts.

14. Are you ppl payed to say thank you? Like.....wut?

15. Go ahead and give your opinion then.

16. Max Plunder spell for new players.

Increased PvP payout.

Those would make so many so happy. This doesn't feel like much of an improvement. Thank you Titan for doing this, but we need to keep pressuring the devs for change. Too much of this is "we'll think about maybe doing it".

17. Yup went straight to the bank :roll:

Honestly I never expected a perfect response and we didn't get one. I see that some positive change has or has the potential to come out of this hence why I am not moaning and crying about it. If you expected a perfect response you are delusional. Think about the small changes that occur and see how they actually will change things instead about wanting everything at once.

18. Set myself up for a intense go through over what I say? Lol. You wouldn't give anything I say a fair read if I paid you.

19. If you can't be bothered giving an opinion then don't make snarky comments about others. I give everything a fair chance, I have agreed with things that both you and night before and I can't think of anyone more annoying than either of you.