Chinese woman saves 1,137 dogs from being eaten

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Cobra, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Lmfao

2. Support.

How about orphans in Africa?
    Homeless people?
    Diseases?
    The global economic crisis?
    Poverty?
    Terrorism?
    Water shortages?
    Slavery?

All these major issues exist and you're brushing them to the side because of animals?

And to any Christians who wish to argue with me, in the account of legion Jesus cast 1000 demons out of a man and sent them into a herd of pigs who died as a result. This is the way Jesus told the people that human life is always more important than animals.

I myself am atheist, just find a lot of Christians are all for this animal rights stuff.

I suggest we help people before we help animals, whether the animals need helping or not is another matter, but humans come first.

3. The way they killed them. They believe more suffering makes them taste better. Ex. Boiled to death, ouch.

4. Good point.
    Respect that different cultures have longer history. The world evolves n not all ones standards can be applied across the board upon others.

Kudos to Peng

5. Uh, no? I believe that there's enough people around where everybody can fix most problems at once. Its not like because we're trying to fix isis that we have to stop caring about the dogs.

6. Deadly makes a good point. There are already other charities and organizations giving focus to other issues. Just because people want to help homeless in America doesn't mean we can't also help feed children in Africa? As well as work against the torture of animals?

7. Find something better to do with your time than worry about some worthless dogs in China.

8. You can find something better to do than reply to a forum post that you clearly aren't concerned with

9. I don't see how animal rights is an issue at all. They're animals. If they're dying then I don't care.

There's far more humans in China who are suffering than there are dogs or cats. The last report I heard was that there are 600 million Chinese below the poverty line. That was about 1 year ago.

10. I don't see how animal rights is an issue at all. They're animals. If they're dying then I don't care. Animals suffer every day in nature. It's just a fact of life.

There's far more humans in China who are suffering than there are dogs or cats. The last report I heard was that there are 600 million Chinese below the poverty line. That was about 1 year ago.

11. That's China being unable to take care of their people, not people torturing animals

12. And we don't even eat them? Shameful. Its 2015 cmon obama

13. I agree that's it's a waste of good meat. Meat that could be wrapped in Bacon, I might add.

If you havnt You Tubed searched and watched the video, "The Kill Box Dog/Puppy Mass Murder" do so, then spend 10 min doing an Internet search on the subject, then tell me why we're any better or different here in the USA. Thanks

14. Interesting thought. However:
    You realize humans are animals too, right? You're generalizing animals into too general of a catagory. A domesticated dog is not the same thing as a wild animal.

The difference is that in the wild, those killings are nessecary to life. The chinese village participating are just going, meh, its a fun festival, im just doing it for the hell of it. The difference between nessecary killing and unnessecary killing is quite large; there are many philisophical debates about it. In many cases it morally wrong to kill unnessecarily, and even worse to cause the animal to suffer.

15. Went out for dinner tonight had Foie Gras as an appetizer then an entree of Veal. It Was delicious. I was going to get the Tilapia (farmed) but decided the cow that provided the veal prob suffered more so would probably taste better (I was right)

...I left a good tip 

16. Yeah veal is really ****** up

17. American meat companies produce about 26bil pounds of beef yearly, 94.5 mil pounds of that are veal.

Chinese dog eating festival. 180k dogs; let's estimate 25pounds each ...hell let's say 50 pounds each (obviously an exaggerated number).

= 9 mil pounds of dog meat

Compared to the 94mil pounds of "Veal" produced in the USA yearly?

"USA!!" "USA!!" "USA!!" ...we're no1!! we're no1!! "WOOP WOOP!!!"

18. Who's talking about Isis? The USA helps them in Syria and fights them in Iraq. Come on now.

19. That.....
    Makes me breath better when I remembered about the festival...
    Thank... (ok,ok)

Thankfully she have manage to save them. They do not only cook normal dogs, they also cook the cute ones as what I've saw in tv......

About the human/animal part going on, there's a lot of more important things to do in real life than playing kaw you know.....