Understanding ATA: My 2014 field trip (part one)

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by The_Philosopher, Jun 16, 2015.

1. What were a few of their projects? Did you know?

2. Oh, I see the problem now.......bunch of Canooks.

3. Oops, what about the fourth?

4. Tea boy

5. Good to hear things have changed and that more resource is directed at KaW. Some of the latest updates have been great, especially the event leader board and the recent EB payout rebalancing, thanks!

6. Thanks for making this thread.
    I have a peaceful mind again by knowing the status of the brains of this game itself. And for noticing that kaw_com is now telling us reasons unlike what the others complain about "the messages with just the same words as the past"

I'm fine with this for now and suggest some things to make the game better in the other thread :)

7. Kaw, kaw_admin, kaw_creative an kaw_com but im just guessing

8. 1Ruby 2Marvin 3Steve 4I have no idea

9. ^ Atasha?
    jk 0 idea......

10. Jordan would be fourth if they are still around. Not that support are what they are talking about, though.

11. ATA is Kaw and Kaw is ATA.Devs never forget that its by far your most succesful apps among the others.Please devote more resources and time to it instead of this "SMASH" thingy.

12. This is by far the most spot on post in this thread. A business making 11k a day from their 'cash cow' with 70 ish employees isn't doing good (most probably have been laid off since 2013).

13. I'm not buying those numbers. Search kingdoms at war revenues. The same site has the numbers being completely different. Didn't the 2011 article have them making much more yearly than they are now before hte and events were introduced? This doesn't seem to add up.

14. They did because the game was more addicting then than now the game had more concept with pvp so everyone had a hard time growing it wasn't just the top players growing and the bottom players not growing

15. Even if that's so the game would have to have a very small fraction of the player base now than it had then. It's nearly impossible for them to be making less money now than they were then with constant back to back 6 dollar ebs running and xtals being burned on them. That doesn't even take into account the special event items like ten dollar sacks, 6 dollar pvp spells that last an hour, keys for chests. There's no way they are making less now.

16. You've got to look at kaw like it's oil, ata will have lots of easy income when they first start digging for oil, but the longer they dig for the oil the harder it becomes to dig for the oil, meaning that they will have to come up with more and more ways people spend on the game.

17. Apparently kaw has about 30,000 active players. What did It have in its heyday?

18. Lol, are you kidding me, not
    All 70 work every day and kaw makes that much money not all the games combined, if ata was having any problems at all kaw wouldn't be ad free anymore

19. I imagine it would of had lots of people trying it out for a day before leaving again, my guess it would have somewhere between 100k - 30k actives

20. The statement that Kaw makes 10,000 a day is a little deceiving. On a weekday like today when there is no special promo going on Kaw makes about 10,000 and ranks about 190th overall. However during promos it ranks as high as 80 and must be making much more than 10 grand.

The above graph shows kaw's ranking over that last 3 months.