Understanding ATA: My 2014 field trip (part one)

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by The_Philosopher, Jun 16, 2015.

1. It's nice to see that you're answering and looking at the feedback, kaw_community.

I hope you will make it easier for new players to grow and play, and increase the huge gap between big and smalls. That's what most people here are frustrated for.

Keep up the good work, ATA! :)

2. Did you tell then you are making clash of clans. In software development once an item is to market then only updates or patches are made and decision on whether to enhance it is made. Kaw is just an app they maintain and they use the money for new apps etc. No real company allows ppl on the street to do a tour and basically tells them all the info competitors would want. By them saying they want to find the next kaw shows how stupid they are. Times have changed and the mobile world has developed so fast those opportunities are gone and are diff now. Most apps are developed and the competition they are up against is much more than when kaw is around. They just cant release garbage and expect ppl to give their cc details over. Anyway just find a new app that looks after its customer base with developing apps that the community wants.

3. Full time support team means outsourced it help desk to asia. Enhancements means events money grab. Worked on lag means make sure oracle doesnt lag for all those transactions and ppl can xstal effectively. Also good to see u ignore ppl concerned abt the game. Now u just answer for damage control.

4. I know some people may not think it, but we do listen. We can't always act on feedback right away, but we do discuss it as a team to see where we can improve. This led to many tweaks to our events, making it easier for new players, and adding the startup bonus as just a few examples. The latter two leading to helping new players grow and play. We're not done yet though.

Our support team works right here in the office. Their desks are actually right behind the Kingdoms at War team, and not a day goes by where I don't turn around to pick their brains, or vice versa.

Enhancements mean a number of things. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes to make things run smoothly, but it also means taking feedback into account with events, content, and more. This includes the updated game appearance, events page, and more.

Lag is something that's unfortunately unavoidable at times. We do our best to mitigate it wherever possible, and just this week our developers spent time working on improving the efficiency of how our servers handle specific actions.

5. Thanks for answering, kaw_com! I'm glad to hear that you're not done with improving the player experience for new players, and that more will be done with this! :)

6. Doubt that wasn't the reason he went to Vancouver.

7. So who was the brainiac who said to release lvl 4 and lvl 5? You've killed everyones build and your player base. If you dont correct it then no more cash for you. Yes CASH. If you released lvl 4 thats understandable but releasing lvl 5 meant basically you are allowing some ppl to have 75 lvl 4s. Only top players can afford that. Now i am overall 800-900 and i cant even hit the tops now so prob less than 200 can hit each other successfully. Hte payout hasnt even increased. Its been devalued with haunts x50% and didnt get an increase and ppl still struggling to hfbc and even buying lvl 5 hf, then you release lvl 4 and lvl 5 abyss which is 3 and 6 x more exp.

8. I'm not a person who likes to complain about things and for me there's not much to complain about anyway. There's no game I've ever invested so much time in, and I do have several gaming consoles. My point is, ATA isn't doing such a bad job, or else it wouldn't be so 'addictive'

I'm looking forward to future updates myself. I've been playing for quite some time now, although I had quite a long break. Since I got back I found these events and they sucked me right back into the game. ^_^

Last, I would love a tour like that but since I'm not exactly in the neighbourhood that would be impossible.

9. Plenty of good ideas on the other thread.
    But simply putting this. We need a way to be assured our investment of both time and money at all spending levels is secure.

Many wont invest either now due to uncertainty and lack of fresh blood. God help fresh blood that see so much negativity and doubt in forums.

But what would help massively. A set minimum time frame commitment to kaw 1,2,3,4-? Years. How long does ata promise to secure our investment.

How you can aid new players and small to mids. Especially in events that if you are not a lb or huge spender you get next to nothing regardless of hours put in.

Hit ratios and war payouts and exploits. Dozens of suggestions seemingly ignored for those. Feedback to us which ideas help and those that have no chance so we can help give better feedback, rather than arguing the same points.

10. Only building and land tokens will save the day. Lb already spent but for everyone to catch up they must let ppl catch up in line to make the gap smaller. Make hf half price then 25 land and building tokens as goodwill. Even if yu cant use it then ppl will and make the game closer together

11. I'm looking for a job that pays 70$ or more an hour, I have a lot to bring to the table if ATA wants to hire me

12. Wow I actually enjoyed reading a first post in a thread for once

Good job

13. Also title says 2014

Thread says 2013

You have lost my confidence

14. Does this mean philosopher is a dev?

15. R.I.P GaW

16. Typo I assume.

It is a little disheartening to see kaw dying and it doesn't help consumer confidence. I'm gonna keep buying xstals for EE wars but I doubt I'll go all flat out for promos anymore.

And ATA should really give the farmer banner the stats we were promised during the promo.

17. The app market is one of the most brutal markets out there currently. Everyone and there brother is trying to get a piece. Ata has there lil slice and there gonna ride it till the wheels fall off with minium overhead. Hireing more employees just cuts into that. It makes no business sense to do that. Its not about making us players happy its about making as much money as possible while they can. Its a business and they will treat it as just that. Nothing more.

18. I don't understand ATA... This game is outdated and the mechanics are out of whack, but both can be fixed. Technically ATA is sitting on a winning lottery ticket.
    Why has KaW done so well over the years when many other app games have headed to the graveyard? It's the concept of it. No other game allows so much freedom. The ability to talk so much trash to other players. A thinking ape is right as it requires methodical precision to strip targets in osw (especially really big targets). Allowing players to communicate across the world, conveying ideas about any subject (politics, sports, real world conflicts). Some people owe ATA their relationship with their significant other to KaW. Rebuild KaW and update it into something glorious. I guarantee, KaW would be back into the top 5 most downloaded and played app games. Why do all the players see what KaW could be... And the Devs pour their money into something like Meego?