cc spammer in wars - cheaters need to b dealt with

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by IX_THoR_XI, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Hey there,

So from my observations in the last year, I've seen many public concerns regarding players reporting accounts being used to cause disruption in war. Recently, I've been witness to a few of these troublemaking accounts first hand and was able to alert the devs to punish them prior the war began. That said, we won that war - but it was due to the fast involvement of the devs. From my recollection, due to the severity of the clan chat spam, that account received a one week shattered sword and a permanent silence. Rest assured, the devs do punish this bad behavior! For future notice, best to alert a mod when it transpires - given we can contact support faster to hopefully remedy the situation.

Account sharing and war abuse are two different things entirely. This has no place in this thread. However I do agree, ANY account with a history of exploiting, botting or any form of cheating should be met with an appropriate punishment. That's just my opinion though. ATA handles these inquires on a case by case basis, upon their own discretion.

2. A solution would be to disable the account (ip ban ) or drop it from roster and war via dev intervention. While the war is ongoing. this way and even if they're silenced they cant mole further using 3rd party chat or putting gold out. Just an instant roster drop. and who cares if it unbalances if they were not going to participate anyway

3. @ chaos. Was simply making a comparison. If devs refuse to act upon clear violations of TOU with in game admissions, why would they act upon something that isn't quite as clear of a violation and would most likely require extensive coding?

Sorry you missed the relevance of the statement, but no worries

4. Are support slow for everyone or something? I must be lucky because I've never had problems.

Ruby

5. This is all the devs do for clan cc spamming in indi.

I might note that I got crazy kicked from 4 clans, but New Age refused to kick. Apparently the members of New Age support this behavior.

6. Sounds crazy, frog

7. Lol doesn't it?

8. Well he's outside of clan right now. So perhaps NA has grown up.

I just find it hypocritical to criticize the devs about this whole letting your clan harbor known offenders.

9. Yesit's not New Ages job to regulate or punish offenders.

10. What's wrong with spamming cc? It's not moderated nothing wrong with it.

11. how about creating war mods? those who can be ready on a simple pm or email and can silence account in real time like they do in wc? not sure if its possible but i like the idea

12. What if cc was disabled for everyone during war? Tracking through ca only.

13. If someone continuously spams CC, you cannot see war brief/regular chat/tracking/Who got ko'd. Etc

If there is no communication amongst an army, there is disarray.

14. Maybe someone got too stoned and drunk to see cc? It happens

15. What he said ^.

16. I think it's gonna b tough to silence a spammer thru involvement of Devs

Why? Most briefs happen 15-20 min b4 war starts. The spammer may act out during brief; this means you have 15-20 min to get the Devs to silence him. This is if you r lucky; the spammer could also wait to act out in the last 20 min of war which usually is the most critical.

If the spammer acts out durin war - This means you have to get ppl take ss and send it to ATA and hope they see the email ASAP. And you get ppl to pm mods to silence to spammer and pm Devs and hope they act quickly. If ATA sees the email and act quickly great - but there is no guarantee that they will see it immediately.

I don't see why admins can't silence ppl in cc - this would cut thru a lot of red tape. I agree that a person could have a alt big enough to b a admin in a indi war clan which is why I advocate for a policy where it req 3 admins to invoke a silence on an account in cc. Devs can deal with him after war with a perm silence.

17. No support, terrible idea, stop being a baby

18. It's also not New Age's job to provide a safe haven for these offenders, but they do it anyway.

19. @ frog- you are mistaken, NA isn't a safe haven. Far from it

While I understand you are sore over crazy' actions, we aren't. I don't understand why you think we should care? It's your problem, not ours. He screwed you over. Not us. You are not a member of New Age or IDD. So we don't care of your problems.

You say farming him didn't work, seems crying every chance you get isn't working either. But it is comically entertaining, and for that, we thank you

20. No more off topic stuff - get off thread