xbox one or ps4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ALPHA_JiGSaW, May 24, 2015.

1. Lol Microsoft regularly has their digital games discounted up to 60%.

Maybe you haven't seen the consoles do discounts because you don't have one?

Duna, have you had Xbox one? Or are you just making baseless recommendations lol?

2. I play on Xbox, Pc and going for ps4 soon.

I like having the option really...

3. You're biconsolual!

4. I was waiting on that ๎’

5. One of my managers plays destiny on Xbone - so I decided I would check it out / played destiny - shadows of Mordor - mortal
    Combat x on it over the course of a few visits - came home and played my ps4 - obviously I am more comfortable with me ps4 - however - my analysis - destiny had better response on the ps4 the controller is 1000x better - the lag doesn't exist on ps4 where it was noticable(not Terrible) on Xbox - the graphics were really the same (neither of us could afford a 4k tv lol) the titles that are exclusive really come down to personal taste - the Xbox feels cheap - in make and general feel - ps4 does not - at the prices that these systems now are - I go with durability and better build/specs, it's not even a close race - ps4 - I take it your an Xbox guy Mickey? I'd have thought you had better taste

6. I'm not an anything guy. I don't buy for names. I actually bought the ps4 first.

I agree, the shell of the ps4 does seem more sturdy than Xbox, but we aren't playing football with it. Moot point I would say.

As I previously stated, graphics are basically the same.

I feel like the controller for Xbox fits my hand better and is more ergonomically layed out.

The game selection for both currently suck. There aren't many console exclusives these days being as Microsoft has bought into most of sony's exclusives.

In the long run it boils down to customer service and online capabilities in my opinion.

Microsoft's customer service craps all over sony's based on me having to have my last gen consoles serviced. Microsoft quickly and easily replaced my broken system, free of charge, in a total of 4 days shipped to them I had it back. They also gave me a free wireless headset and 3 months of Xbox live for my inconvenience and 4 days of gaming downtime. Sony was so uncooperative that neither my psp nor PS3 got repaired, both still under warranty and broken from manufacturer defect.

I've also had play station network get hacked multiple times, be down for weeks at a time on occasions, and I have hell getting half the crap to load from the store. Ie game demos, game videos, etc. It's not a personal problem, because I bought my best friend a ps4, and he has the exact same problems 2 states away. Never had any problems with Xbox live services. Microsoft also discounts their digital copies deeply. Up to 60% sometimes.

That's my personal experience as a gamer who has owned both Xbox and playstations since the 1st gen of each console. I don't dislike one or the other more, but one kind of stands out after owning both systems. If you own them both and play them both you know what I mean.

7. 8 bit nintendo

8. Now that was a nice review Mickey - I have not personally had issues with downloading content on ps4 and the hacks are moot as Xbox was baked as well - as far as customer service - if I had your experience I'd be pissed off - but thankfully I have not had to deal with them much ("Knocks on wood")

9. I have all, and a 3500$ PC. I play most of my games on the Xbox because it's my go to system for sitting back and gaming. PC to play with my buddies that don't have a PS/XO. I'm running out of space on my computer hard drive, I have 50gigs on my solid state of just photos I have taken.

10. @ Duna

Christmas hacks were the 1 and only time Xbox went down, and my Xbox didn't go down at all. I saw it reported, but mine was playing fine with no problems. My playstation on the other hand would not connect.

PSN goes down regularly, and I can recall multiple week plus outages. When it was free on PS3 it wasn't a problem. It's pay now and they don't treat it as such. They act like it's still free and provide support for it as if it's still free. Hence my problems with all things store related on ps4.

11. PC master race. Better hands down if you're competitive and skilled.

12. Sonys customer service is one of the worse I've seen.

Case in point, a couple years ago I bought my PS3 and used the free 3 months of PS plus that came with it. After renewing once, I decided that I wasn't going to renew it again because I had almost stopped playing on the PS completely. I ended up procrastinating and canceled the service the same day it was to renew. No big deal, I'll just call Sony and get a refund. The guy I spoke to was really nice, but said I'd have to talk to the manager. Ok.. So I explain to him what happens and he was super cool. Told me that I'd get my refund in 2-3 weeks. Alright whatever. 4 weeks pass by and still no credit on my card. I called back, explained the same issue again to the same guy. He apologized and said the refund would show up in 2-3 weeks. Keep in mind this whole time I'm not using the PS plus that auto renewed. Another month passes and I call them back. Same guy tells me the same thing. Another month I call back, by this time the PS plus had elapsed, and he tells me he's sorry but they can't refund the money. I'm pissed off already and telling him I purposefully did not use the plus as I was awaiting my refund and didn't want to seem like I was scamming them. He said too bad. No refund. I couldn't even get a free PS plus subscription out of them for the hassle.

Not even sure why I bought the PS4 now that I think about it..

13. Pfft I vote neither! Get a Nintendo 64 and get your Mario kart on! Them graphics tho๎„†

14. Xbox.

Ps4 has virtually no good multiplayer games right now. I tried to meet the BF halfway with Ps4, but unless you play DoA, there isn't anything good.

The struggle is real.

15. I have xbox1 :) can't complain. Brother in law has ps4 they both are great.

16. @ inferno

My psp screen stopped working. Psp still worked, but screen went dead. 3 months after I bought it. Called Sony. They wanted 99$ AND me to return the busted psp and in return they would fix it. They also wanted me to pay for shipping. What's stupid is psp cost 99$ at Walmart at the time. What a rip off.

PS3 gets the red dot of death, customer service gave the same run around. Confuse and frustrate until you give up on repairs.

Microsoft on the other hand overnight shipped me the box I needed to mail my Xbox off. I sent it off on Monday, by Friday ups was dropping my Xbox back off at my door. Free of charge, no hassle from them. With free Xbox live service and a 60$ headset. Also free.

17. Sonys customer service mis have dropped a lot since I last ha to use it, my PS2 blew out a laser just before warranty ended, they sent me the box to send it back and they repaired it free of charge

18. As a IT engineer the technology of a pc is far superior. But I tend to not play games on my pc the controllers cost a fortune and less responsive to my xbox.

Personal choice I guess.

I agree Sony support sucks. There system security seems limited too.

19. Plug and play Xbone controller. Your argument is now invalid.

It connects via a micro USB (android charger)