I present a new concept to KaW; Raiding.

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by ISI-IOI-IRI-IAI, May 21, 2015.

1. Prefer VK or Mod?

2. Just play clash of clans if you want to raid jeez

3. Support

I love the concept, the effort and idea! The secs gotta have something like this

4. Re: I present to you a new concept to KaW; Raiding.

I think he means for the devs 

5. But hey support anyway

6. Hmm...Very well thought out, each area of the idea explained clearly, a nice bonus for those that fight for ee.
    Support, although if the devs take the idea I wouldn't expect to see it for awhile.
    There's gonna be a **** ton of coding involved, and they'll likely have the creative team produce their own art for it as well.

7. If you put this much effort into rl you'd be a very successful person.
    Good job

8. The concept is good but some of the ideas you came up with just seem stupid. Phase 2 I think it was where you have 120 seconds before the eb becomes unbeatable. (Either that or the person who doesn't hit the item becomes useless.)
    That just seems daft, even in the best case scenario for that bar the majority of people will lose at least 10% damage which is just obsturd.

Also, ha ing to go through all that in 2 hours seems unlikely too lol.

Ok I've changed my mind, having a raid in a tap tap game will be a bad idea. Your whole idea is to have people commit 2 hours of their day and being unable to do anything else but play kaw and focus on this raid.

Yeah that doesn't sound fun, no support.

9. So What You Propose is a new & hardened Eb Again ??

10. You seriously need a gf

11. Learn 2 read. Obviously states it is a raid.

I love the idea, but with the pace ATA is working on updates (S5???) This won't be implemented until atleast 2020.

12. Quite interesting concept and I have to say: Respect for really thinking it through and posting a walkthrough with pics and stuff. Quite impressive.

One thing that I do find interesting is the mixed feelings it causes amongst the kawmunity. It seems that a lot of people play kaw just to kill a few spare minutes, chat a bit, relax. Opposed to those you have the gamers who would be willing to plan for a 2 hour raid without rl interruption. In a sense, EE participants already do this...

The raid concept isn't new to me, coming from 10 years of WoW play, with a few hardcore raiding years. Very tough and nothing for the casuals. I'm not sure if I want to have Kaw going that way, but it might be a nice extension for dedicated gamers. But don't forget that mmo raids don't rely on everyone being fully awake for hours (except maybe on boss fights, which will take 10 minutes). You can raid at your own pace and organize bio breaks whenever needed. Your raid description is a bit unforgiving, but I guess it could be fine tuned.

Excellent effort which might trigger some ideas in the devs mind. I salute that!

13. well thought out idea, support

14. Re: I present to you a new concept to KaW; Raiding.

Noob

15. Nice idea, with some fine tuning here and there I'd give it a go.

16. Thank you, I'm glad you get it. The idea of fails being so "unforgiving" as you put it is to get people to xtal making it more profitable for the developers & increasing the chance that they would implement the idea. There is also the risk/reward factor. Things are much more fun & satisfying when there is a risk & even more so when there is something to be earned. Raids should provide rewards equal to the effort/difficulty experienced within them (that's why raid gear is the best type of gear in almost every mmo).

As I'm sure you've learned in your raiding experience, raid encounters get nerfed/tweaked to what is best for the majority. I'm sure some fail conditions could be eased, some of the timers you have to react to things could be extended to 5mins instead of 1min etc to better accommodate the type of game we are playing etc. The entire raid could even be reduced to 1 hour instead of 2 simply by reducing the health bars of each encounter so that players could clear them faster.

The idea is to provide an additional "hardmode" type of pve gameplay for those who aren't exactly satisfied just unloading on an eb every hour.

The thing about games like this is you can choose how you want to play the game. If you don't want to raid, don't raid. If you don't want to EE, don't EE. I would love to see this idea get implemented, the amount of teamwork that goes into raiding is very enjoyable & really brings clans together.

After completing or failing a raid, you cannot attempt one again for 12hrs so you would not be doing these b2b. It would just be something you do once a day (or once a week etc) or so when you want a challenge.

17. I see where you come from too, guess we played the same games. I really, really like the concept, even if I'm not sure if I ever would raid. I don't even have the time to dedicate myself to EE nowadays. The problem is that this would be quite a thing to code while it's not a given that it would be a success.

In fact, KaW has taken inspiration by looking at existing games, the EE seasons look extremely familiar to the WoW PvP arena seasons. As well as selling last season's gear for mith... Indi wars are another step towards WoW's battleground system. Just need a queuing system for indi wars on demand and we have it.

As I said, the very detailled raid layout might need some tweaks and you already pointed at some possibilities. But that could be something to be tested on the beta app, for example.

Another question is, would there be a critical mass for having raids without too long waiting times? Or would they need to be at set schedules?

As being an EE warrior would sort of be a prerequisite, I guess that tuning the raid to get very challenging without the use of any xtals would be allright. One or two xtals should be ok as those are also calculated into most EEs.

18. Sounds extremely complicated and too much time spent coordinating attacks on a EB that doesn't hit back great effort but no support️