Same Gender Marriage [MGTD]

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Seth, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nope no validity in that. Didn't you read the definition of discrimination above- the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of RACE .

Having a preconceived negative opionion of an individual without meeting them because of their race for example. You are discriminating against them as a person for thinking of them as beneath you or hating them for no other reason than them being black for example.

Honestly aj you need to think before you post especially when you're vk. You let yourself down big time

Also you said you can hate what they do. Please tell us what it is that a black or Asian person does to hate every single one of them and how it isn't discriminatory towards them?

2. To some, the bible says being gay and participating in gay acts is against their religion. That's their just reason for saying they don't like gays. It isn't harmful for them to just say it. If they deny you a job because of it, that is 100% wrong. You shouldn't be denied a job based on that.

Also, I'm an african american.

You're trying to tie race into some points where it doesn't fit. Just look at the paragraph above. They do not like gay acts. Do you understand that?

You're trying to make me seem like this big God awful bigot, when in reality, I'm just stating my thoughts like you are.

3. You didn't respond to a single thing I've said. How could you without digging yourself in to a deeper hole.

You believe its okay to discriminate against a race of people. Now you're playing the I'm black card to get out of it. That doesn't change the fact that you are discriminatory as per the dictionary definition. And yes to say you hate all gay people is discriminatory I don't know why you needed to ask that didn't you read the definition for the 1 million th time. To say you don't agree with it is different than to say you hate every gay person

Like I said you let yourself down. Maybe people who don't understand the definition of discrimination shouldn't be vk

4. So to clarify are you saying there are or are not parallels between the past treatment of other races (justified by scripture) and the treatment of gays ( also justified by scripture)?

And are you saying its okay for them to say they dislike gays and other races as long as they dont deny them their rights?

5. Nice alt @Summer

6. (I didn't word that well but hopefully my question can be distinguished)

7. Summer, it seems you aren't understanding my points because you are seeing me as some kind of bigot. If you'd like to continue, PM me.

Apep, I'm going to need you to clarify.

8. I'm not seeing you as anything. Your posts are letting others see. I have no wish to continue this in pm you only offered as you know you're coming off bad here and couldn't muster a respectable reply . Good day

9. In the past african americans as well as pocs were denied rights by some christians through the usage of scripture (slavery and interracial issues). They still use scripture to discriminate against gays.

Are you saying there are not parallels between past and present among these groups when you say summer is tying things that shouldnt be tied or are you refering to something else? Im just trying to understand your point of view more.

10. First, I want to say thank you for trying to understand me.

Yes.

------

The laws of the land have changed. We are more civilized now. Back then, you were forced to do and say what others wanted. You had no say in it. For gays now, it's veryyyy scaled down and you can't do all that now happened to slaves. You cannot deny someone their rights.

Using scriptures as a means of war/slavery is wrong. Now, to some, being gay and doing gay acts is wrong. Are they correct in that? That's up to your opinion. And you have the right to openly say you do not like it and fight it to the ground. But to deny someone of their rights is wrong.

Are they being oppressed now? I don't know how to feel about that. Until the supreme court directly says, "no" then I feel using that word is a stretch.

I hope that helps 

11. Summer must be a farmer. He is fighting strawmen.

12. Oh duh youre saying we cant argue the belief but when can stand against something like a certain group using that belief to craft laws that deny others rights.

13. What are you doing around these neck of the woods Brood?

Also, I just noticed you said hi Apep  Yo

14. I love you guys

15. *backs away from homedawg very slowly*

16. Come ON man, i dont have HIV... Yet.

17. The issue is about gay marriage.

Summer tried to equate it with race.

Then argued against racism.

Hows the strawmen summer?

18. The Onion put it cleverly: "Supreme Court decides whether to legalize gay marriage now or in 5 years."
    It seems impossible that it won't pass eventually, if it does fail now (which is probably likely)
    Such an arbitrary Puritannical law in the first place if you ask me.

19. AJ I lurked a little.

Wanted to discuss but a lot of the arguments are too shallow.

Will be a massive waste of time.

20. Probably likely that it will pass*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.