Same Gender Marriage [MGTD]

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Seth, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So you abandoned him. Thats terrible. Thats what kind of person you are... So afraid, so...... Pathetic. Thats incredibly sad, I dont know how I feel about that tbh.

2. I know. I was a coward. I let the logical part of me win over doing what was right. I'm not sure if there was anything I could do to help him. I'm not good at those situations. And I regret doing that. A lot. But maybe the point it goes to is gonna change.

3. @aj You also say discrimination is when you deny someone a product service. Then say its not discrimination to deny someone a product service if they go against your beliefs. Contradiction much.

And yes it is discrimination to say you don't like a certain race or gay people. You have a lesser opinion of them without meeting them based on who what they are

4. Theres always something you can do. Even now..

That moment when, non-religious gaytheist nicer than christian Kappa

5. I never said they should be denied a product service.

6. dis·crim·i·na·tion
    dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    "victims of racial discrimination"
    synonyms: prejudice, bias, bigotry, intolerance, narrow-mindedness, unfairness, inequity, favoritism, one-sidedness, partisanship

7. Honestly religion makes people mean. Call me a sinner, thats not exactly nice. I can be truly nice, you're "niceness" or whatever you'd call it is tied to a book (which isnt always the most accepting) Mine is tied to my own empathy. Maybe you could take a lesson from that.

8. What was I supposed to do? I didn't want to get beat up for standing up for my formerly-gay friend. I didn't want to get beaten up for that. I didn't want to get more football thrown at my head. I didn't want to be pushed out of my seat more. I didn't want to slapped on the back of the neck anymore than I already was. If I wasn't dealing with that, I would've helpe him. But there wasn't, so you know what? I was selfish. I was a coward. I get it. You think I don't hate myself for not sticking up for him? Do you? Well, I do. But I was getting bullied, and I didn't want to make it worse for myself. So maybe you're a better person than me because you would do what you could either way. I did what was best for me at the time.

9. I think you're weak, thats all. and your friend is still gay btw.

10. And I'm nice because i want to be nice and I know what it's like to get bullied, and I don't want to do that to someone else. Say what you want about religion. I don't care. But when you say that I'm only nice because of a book, that's when I take offense.

11. Saying you dislike an entire race is racism.

Denying someone a job because they are of a race/sexuality is discrimination.

If someone says they dislike gays, they are automatically discriminating? No. You can say anything you want aa long as it isn't harmful to someone else.

12. I know I knew your name from somewhere Aj. Hello friend

13. If caring more about my safety than my friend's emotions makes me weak, then I'm the weakest person in the world. If he was my family, I wouldn't care about any of that. But he wasn't kin. He was a really good friend. And I was never mean to him, but I never stood up for him. I was always nice to him. We were great friends, but my willingness to stand up for a friend can only go so far, and that scenario was too far.

14. Now just imagine how he feels. You think you feel/felt bad. Honestly pathetic. Disgusting, I cant stand people who watch as others are hurt. People like you. People who watch because they're afraid. People who now, after the fact wont change.

15. Hmm, to bad you didnt help each other :\

16. I hate that i never stood up for him. But if that happened with my friend today, I'd be throwing fists in seconds.

17. Well apparently the English Oxford dictionary disagrees with you aj. I'm actually stunned by your comments

So you can say you hate a race group of people without knowing them personally and that isn't discriminating against them. You entire opinion is based upon their race yet that isn't being discriminatory towards them. But according to you its ok as long as it isn't harmful towards them. Yeah its really beneficial to them. Once again stunned aj. Vk lol

With the greatest respect you've made yourself look like an almighty fool

18. How is saying you don't like them discriminating? You did nothin but say you don't like them. You don't have to know them personally to hate them. You can hate what they do. But as long as you aren't harmful to them, there is nothing wrong.

Do you not see the validity in that?

19. Just wait until five years from now.

I predict there will be less open hostility towards gay people, and those who are, will only get the support of statless alts and anonymous throw-away accounts, much the way open racists and misogynists do now.

The bigots who remain will use coded language to try to make their points, constantly reassuring everyone that they themselves aren't bigots - maybe they will even say they have gay friends. And they will complain they are being discriminated against when people call them out on their bigoted statements.

Intolerance and bigotry will not disappear, but at least the open hatred will be marginalized. And people who make openly bigoted comments against gay people will be silenced by the mods in the same way racism is treated now.

20. *Granted it won't make you president saying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.