Be An Armchair WC: WC strategy discussion

Discussion in 'Wars' started by O_o_____Frog____o_0, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Firstly, Sam is one of the best trackers I've had the pleasure to war along with. Love his work.

I WC loads of wars. Mid bracket is kind of easy to wc, almost everyone in roster knows you and stuff. Somehow I always seem to get busy when the actual season starts .

Anyways, my strategies are rarely the same. They depend on a majority of factors like build division etc. Last Indi I did was on Friday I think :3

14 towered mids against 12 Hansels and 2 simple easy ass builds. We won by 14bil.
    They could not plunder us.
    I've noticed in my many wars, people tend to ignore you if you have towers. Even opponent WC will rarely put people on someone with 5Mil Adt and sdt. (pretty heavy for mids lol)
    So I put my cr 3 and 6 on their attacks. Assass the crap outta them! Rest, I divided. We could not hope to have all their spies koed. They outmatched us on the spy front, so I got their biggest spies(3) and about 6 more with better bfe down.
    They failed to ko any of us, 11 of them down. Then it was easy. I got my weakest tanks to plunder and XTAL, giving us early boost. Rest depended on getting repins.

We were always in lead, about 6-8bil. Then they XTAL. Costly mistake, we doubled our lead. But atleast they didn't give up.

Anyways, it depends mostly on build division. For example, adv wars, I've found are not always about plunder and wave. I have gone for control and won.

But going full control, I've noticed is at times not worth it, more importantly in random wars.

Lastly, I guess it alldepends how well you, as a wc can rally your troops when pressed hard.
    I've won loads, going on a 31 Win streak. I've lost many times. But yes, it is fun.

Started off as a tracker, had to learn how to WC. Been a nice journey!
    I just hope EE gets more incentives.

2. On a sidenote, I at times hate the kind of rosters devs give you.
    Tanks vs hansels, 9 out of 10, tanks will win.
    We need better roster making and even build division.
    And I hope they give war xtals or somethig live that. XTAL decides a war a lot of times. And failure to XTAL by some people can cost you dearly. I lost a war by 67mil because one person did not have any xtals.
    That said, a 50% boost is not enough these days. Either give us more mith or more rewards. Ee has stagnated.
    Need to be working on this too instead of releasing new eB lol

3. Today I was in a thriller even though I didn't wc. We won an indie by 35 mil, which is nothing. It was 15 bigs on their side vs 13 bigs and 2 spy builds on our side. They plundered too much at the start.

I know they have their haters, but at 35 mil win in indie is an awesome war.

4. @vikram

Interesting. I'm always thrown in with the heavyweights, so it is nice to hear how mid builds wc.

5. Believe it or not, my closest win was 813 coins 

6. I doubt I am a mid. More like a small lol. There are 80Mcs people in here 
    A WC, I feel must understand build mechanics and tactics in the war.
    I've had the honour to learn mechs from some of the best people in this game, balls and chief.
    Then comes experience, you just know what to do at times!

7. You will learn from Sylver, you'll be half way there like Sylver 

8. I need more wars like this one.

9. 813 coins? That's incredible. Throw is a ss if you can.

10. Indi wars are pretty good. If you do them during the weekdays you end up fighting with a certain set group with the occasional new kingdom thrown in.

11. I agree with vik, mid tier wars are great. There's no clear winner unless devs messed up on roster. However when they mess up the win is very clear.

I've WC'd a lot but not many people know me or remember me lmao, but it's not about the fame. It's about getting that ee and mith :)

You want the rewards? You gotta work for it

12. Hey rice 
    Next time if we get same roster, you can wc lol.

13. This visibility is what the game needs more of. I wish there was an EE tab for people to click on to see the results of past wars, and I wish there were more of these war play-by-plays.

Currently, you really don't know about a war unless you are in it, and even then you can't always click out and check the score every update.

Give me a tab where I can click on whichever past war I want to and see the scores throughout. Heck-even allow a place for comments...!

EE can be so exciting, I feel as though the devs are missing a big opportunity by not making their results accessible to the larger community.

Thank you OP for the good read-I definitely enjoyed the read and will look for more of these in the future.

14. A couple months ago I got into warring and it has been an addiction since. The thrill, the fight, the ko's and strategy....wars are just awesome

15. But we have all gotten into those wars where there is no one willing to track or WC, and this has made me think to perhaps pick up one of those roles. This thread has been a great encouragement for that idea as well.

I've been playing this game for a while, like, I remember then they implemented the Circle of Elements buildings(Tier 4) in lowlands. But I have taken long breaks from KaW and I came back to all these new buildings and mechanics that I have to learn and get used to. I think I'll look into bellemortes guide. But since I usually war with a comp on hand( to help with ss), I think I could track.

But I think as I get more experience in wars and learn the mechanics more, I'd like to try WC

Ty for an awesome and encouraging thread OP

16. Frog made a thread  Who are you and what have you done with our perverted frog 

Devouring is hosting a World Chat Debate tonight at 9:00PM EST. Spread the word.

17. The one thing I always consider when looking at roster from lb perspective is wether to assn or not. I change from war to war depending on roster size. In a 15 man roster I can make 7-9 assn on avg before I'm zero bcz of small scouting. If their slow I can make 14 assn. sometimes though I will not make any spy actions choosing to tank my spies. In doing this it will take 4/5 people to burn my spies helping us gain control in long run. Just my perspective.

18. Here is an older thread bumped for those who wanted to know how I wc is shorter wars.