Petition For Nepal Donation

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by LHL_LegendarySirAyden_LHL, May 12, 2015.

1. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Rusted, the motivation for a donation must come from your heart. If someone needs incentives to "donate" its a disgusting human beign. Is that simple. I can understand that someone can donate only so much. But maybe if indeed want to donate wouldn't be much better if that "so much" is sent to a charity organisation instead being used to purchase "only so many xtals"?

2. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I completely agree with you.

Sir Ayden has donated and he post this with his heart. It was about maximizing.

Say what you wish about the idea. Though I will not allow his name to be bashed. He intends to help and he has been helping.

Disagree with the idea, don't flame the op.

3. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

True but you can't tell lower magnitude earthquake all are aftershock if epicenter is different locations like 7.9 occurred in one place n 7.3 in different location means it's 2 earthquakes n it will give different aftershocks

4. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

He donated and I applaud him for that. Same as I would applaud a thread like "Today I donated for Nepal! I have such feeling now that I helped as much as I could! You could the same!". But I can't agree with "Let's have an event where ATA donate".

5. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I can't ask not even my best friend to donate. Would be rude. A donation must come from heart. Yes I could suggest him like "I don't know if you heard about this but there was a floodation. Do you want to go with me to Red Cross to make a donation?"... But i doubt that ATA are not aware of the Nepal's misery. If they feel like donating they will do it. And this should come from their hearts and not like a marketing campaing just to please supporters of a forum thread.

6. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I donate every month for panda bears...how would be to make a thread "hey ATA! I donate for panda bears! You should do the same and donate for pandas every month"?

7. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

But in OP's defense I can tell that I've seen "Donation campaign" threads waaaay worse than this. Threads where people was asking ATA do donate but to offer discounted prices aswell =))

8. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

9. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Guys if you want to donate, then donate on your own. Stop trying to rip things off ATA and stop pressuring them to give you free things.
    100% No support.

10. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Word

11. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Akura, I am not saying you should support the Idea. That is your opinion.

I am just countering arguments that demonize my friend.

I get both your views and his.

Now to the content:

My handle is this. I could really care less who donates and I could care less why they donate. As long as aid gets to Nepal and other disaster areas, I am happy.

Life is too dramatic for me to gauge one's character or motivation when donating. Because no matter what, the person donating is not my concern. My concern is seeing Nepal get aid.

So rather it needs some incentives or heart or both, the goal is aiding a nation.

Petty arguments over intentions, ones heart, or ones moral is dumb. I could care less about the pride. I could care less about the damn egos, or the self righteous attitudes of "Oh I did it because it was in my heart and because of that I am a better person" - Honestly, awesome for you, you are an asset to society.

But you also let that step in the way of other possible donations?

In short, if it's legal, and it gets more money and aid to Nepal and other disaster sites, then I am all for it. Send the money. I don't care what the intention is for donation because all that honestly matters is this people getting fed.

12. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support to this, again they've been struck by an earthquake near Everest. Can't imagine what's actually happening there. My sincere condolences to those who have lost loved ones in the recent events, and I hope all those who are helping in the relief effort/search for survivors continue to endure until Nepal can find its feet again

13. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support. As a community, which we are, we have the numbers here where every cent counts, together we can make a worthwhile donation to help Nepal. We have done it before.

I have been checking forums regularly to see if Kaw was going to call for our help as they have before so I am not the only one obviously. Thanks OP for being proactive

14. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support.

15. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

@moose extremely disapointed at your shallow glass half empty views. For a moment have a thought about the age demographic that play this game, 9+ from memory. Anything that raises awareness helps. Not all people have access to a credit card and available cash. If a shiny badge encourages people to donate, who cares. Its all about results
    #MooseGoBackToYourHole

16. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Thank you to those who support maximized donations to help the people of Nepal.

Those who have made it a "moral" issue thread: I thank you for your opinion, however, you are distracting from the point I was intending to make.

"Get together and help your fellow human beings"

I suggested options because of previous donation events and as I said earlier, to incentivize those that wouldn't normally donate to help out.

You have all right to your feelings that people shouldn't need something in return for helping others, but not everyone is on the "moral high ground" you seem to be. I happen to feel you are being a bit hypocritical with the righteous "I'm better than you because this is how I feel and you are lower than me because you feel different" arguments.

As always, thank you for your ideas, opinions and comments

17. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support, I'm
    Broke tho... What about material needs? I got Bibles like crazy here 

18. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Full support, the kawmunnity has come together for these things before

19. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

20. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Old cloths, toys, bibles, what-nots. Take them to your local red cross and tell them you want to donate them to Nepal.

Material needs are always needed.