A new way to grow. Keeping people in the game.

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, May 12, 2015.

2. I feel the exploits coming so what your saying is give the Lil guy a chance to farm ppl who's worked hard for there stats?

3. I'm kinda meh on the idea. Feels too much like hiring allies to boost your stats.

I am in favor of the next shake things up change. Every new building and land intro is second verse same as the first. All you've done is pump some steroids into it. Not sustainable.

When equipment was introduced that was a game changer. Introduce different buildings with different functions so players really have some tough choices. Introduce content that interests players of all sizes.

I'm not one of those that complain about attaining a bc status. It's totally possible without spending a dime but this game needs to continue to be interesting to those non-hoarder OCD personalities. Lately same story of lands, buildings and retread events doesn't seem like it has much power to hold this thing together.

Been playing for 5 years on one account or another and wouldn't still be here if I wasn't entertained but not sure how much longer if a sustainable way forward isn't created.

4. Interesting n novel ideas.

If it can be designed to help smaller players without exploits I'm down for that.
    I'd suggest only can be implemented for FOD n higher eb's.
    The Merc vanishes upon 24hrs expiry date.
    The Sidekick should also require weekly boosts
    Eg min 10 mithril.
    Some rough ideas to consider

5. Allow me to illustrate Moose's idea..

Temporary Growth

Permanent Growth

6. Lol

7. Moose has correctly identified why many players are leaving.

They feel discouraged about ever being able to catch up to the widening gulf.

Simple Solution:
    Increase the payouts of the mid level EB's.

Do not make us have to pay for eb items as this will just increase the disparity between rich and poor.

8. Yeah, but having a diversity of dif sidekicks, almost like equpis would diversify what people could do

9. Support. Nice to see moose make a thread that's actually about kaw.

10. Only issue I see coming from this is to do with those SH and build droppers.

The flimsy hit range mechs will break even more with this slight addition, so before adding this in (if it is) they'll need to revisit the hit range issue. If they don't the build droppers will ruin the game for newbs and the SH will be even more of a pain.

11. I don't think release of lands or buildings is the problem, it's the cost of the lands and buildings that's the problem, started with t4. Seems with every new release the price quadruples. If cost was cheaper and u can upgrade quicker then you can release more lands, buildings, or tiers. It's far more fun to upgrade then it is to save, save, save, save and save some more, then only get some lame stat increase for the price that's sky high.

12. This, honestly, would probably have a greater impact on long-term retention of new players, but the idea does have merit in changing the focus for the top players....that said, having it cost gold will, as rusted and others noted, change the dynamics of pvp and ee for mid-level kingdoms.

Imo, another, higher tiered "easy" haunting-like eb has been long overdue, as clans in the 200 level either have to blow major cash on HtE or develop a neurosis to check phone every 5 minutes and skim to keep up at all.

Regardless, it's worth discussing, and hey Moose. Missed you mate. ;)

13. Support to the idea 

14. This is the main problem imo and joe also suggests a solution too.

Honestly, it's extremely frustrating to see the costs of lands and buildings explode while your revenue stays basically the same if you aren't constantly buying seals or have the chance to be in a b2b latest dragon eb clan.

Bring also an LB telling your ranks even if not in top 10k, this will keep smaller accounts motivated to grow as they see immediately the consequences of their activity.

15. GoT:Ascent has that feature. It can be a motivator, esp when you see active folks in your range, but even that only goes so far.

That said, it's a relatively cheap fix, and worth a look for sure.

My thread, your thread, his thread, idc. I'm looking for solutions that work, that keep this game in the conversation and propel the game into a new evolution.

I'm not a dev, I'm not a mod, I don't want anything special, I could care less about a title, and I want every good idea to be credited to every player who has it.

In the end, I just want good ideas that can really really gain traction and make real positive changes in the game.

This idea has some, but it would take a few others simultaneously to be functional, and it's a short-term fix to a long term problem.

You said it yourself Moose. You've gotten discouraged. I've had my moments too, but let's work together.

Let sleeping dogs lie for the betterment of all.

16. Give us pet dragons

And pink freaking equipment

And something besides epic battles and wars. Sheesh. And I'm not talking about the little mini hte campaign event thingies either.

It's just lacking. If GoW and KaW could combine that would rock!

It's dying not because things need revamped, but because it needs completely new aspects of the game.

17. Oddly, in a group I'm heading, a player noted a reward system for clanmates.

When one player gets something, all get a lil boost. It's worth exploring for sure. Why not think it through and propose something?

18. Incentivize stat milestones.

19. Moose I like the idea. Support.
    Can I suggest the sidekick equip gets dropped in varying existing ebs. This way if someone is chasing a particular side equip they'll potentially go and help smaller clans running those applicable ebs. Small clans then get stronger player help.