More intricate quest system

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Fritzmann, May 9, 2015.

1. Hello! Looking back at the Ideas forum, I saw numerous requests for more or better quests.

I'll just stick to quoting these two most recent ones for now, but many others have said the same thing. My idea is to completely overhaul the quest system with multiple quest choices that all have pros and cons.

The basic gist is that you start out with 3 different quests. You get to decide which one to hit and each has different rewards and payouts. Each time you've fully completed all the quests, you can 'prestige' and start over. Depending on the paths you chose, you will get different bonuses and achievements. If you are a player who has almost completed the quest system as it is, you will have the option to continue questing without going back.

Please note that drops and prices are just ideas I think would be cool. If you see one that is op, tell me

QUESTS LEVEL 1

Fight Back
    Fight back against the barbarians who burned one of your villages down!
    You successfully defeated the marauding barbarians!
    The barbarians were able to hold back you troops and loot more gold!
    1000-5000 gold, extremely low xtal chance, super low nob chance
    Your soldiers found a Mystical Dagger (1) among the corpses
    Notes:
    This is an attack quest. This means you lose more troops but have a higher chance of winning. The Mystical Dagger does not always drop. It would probably be a 20-40% chance of dropping. Also, it can drop even if that isn't your last completion of the quest. (That goes for all other items as well)

Mine For Crystals
    Send your men into the depths of Mount Aravii in search of crystals
    Your men came back with bags full of valuable gems
    Not Applicable
    1000-2000 gold, very low xtal chance, no nob chance
    While mining, your troops found some Bribery Gems (2-5)
    Notes:
    This is a peaceful quest, which has lower troop death and no possible failure. However, they have low gold and drop chances and don't drop nobility. The bribery gems would be a 10-20% drop.

Defend Your Borders
    A group of goblins are nearing a village near your border. Defend against them!
    The village has been saved and the goblins have been pushed back!
    The goblins overran your forces and took the village
    1000-2500 gold, very low xtal drop, low nob drop
    Your soldiers took a Shaman's Spear (Weapon, 100,000 attack) from a dead goblin
    Notes:
    This is a defense quest. It pays OK but has a better chance of dropping nobility than other quests. It also drops equip more often. The Shaman's Spear would be dropped about 10%

Final Words:
    This is still a rough idea, and constructive criticism is welcome. I will be adding on to this with higher level quests, but I'd like your opinion on this. I apologize for any bb code fails and the lack of pictures (didn't feel that this needed any).

TL;DR:
    We need more quests and better quests!

2. Support list:
    -Idon'tsleep-
    Dragonite
    7TH_CaptainChubs_7Th
    alaissa0121
    --MFDP-ThE-KiLlInG-mAcHiNe-

3. I swear if I see another post about quests, I'm going to kill my dog.

4. This is at lest one of the better ideas I've seen but there is much more needed done 1st and questing really only need for the free xtrals and people scared to hit others as they are waiting on the next eb. Good try it's better then the normal crying over needing more quest at lest you tried to make something.

5. Kill it how Carlson killed candy's dog lol

6. Lol support

7. No support list:

DirtyLarry
    IIIIII__Blackhandlegion__IIIIII
    Rakeshkh

8. Support. :p

9. But if questing were more fun and better rewarding, don't you think you might at least consider using the feature more often? Just sayin'

10. Support for the idea of this

11. Support but how about the others who have pass those quest or had finished all of the quests?...

12. Hm.. Good point. I think they could have the option to 'reset' their quests. And, each time you complete all the new tests, you prestige and get an achievement.

13. Reason please?

14. quests are for noobs

15. Yay OP quoted my low effort thread

16. Quests are for people not willing to satisfy the devs by buying xtals, so they rebel by getting free ones

17. Noob came from newb, which is from newbie. I've been playing for over 5 years. I am not a noob

18. Because killing your dog will help