Wars on Demand

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Seth, May 9, 2015.

1. I think there should be a new style of war where instead of casting for a scheduled war, you get put into a queue, and you get matched into a fair, even "team deathmatch" style of war.

Before we get into the knitty gritty, let's talk about the cons, because I know that's the first thing you trolls are going to jump too.

Yes, people will join and throw wars. They people will mole and go inactive. This already exists, and is a problem that you cannot defeat overnight.

The solution?

Reduce the tolerance. Devs need to be more strict when it come to dishing out broken swords. Fell asleep? That's your fault. Grandma died? Well, you can live with a ban because that's pretty serious.

Devs need to lay down the law, and don't make exceptions.

Moving on to the ideas.

I propose a system where you can leave your clan, and join a lobby. You will be put into brackets, and when the lobby becomes full, the teams are divided in two, and given a certain amount of time to prep.

Obviously, rewards for these wars will have to be dramatically decreased, as you could just farm them all day and get end game equipment overnight (if you get extremely lucky). I suggest a no reward system. These wars will be for those whole enjoy EE.

Also, this would provide a great testing platform for new war types. You could join a primal, indi, round or whatever else kind of lobby you want.

You might also think about implementing custom wars. Fun wars people can set up and customize the settings. Maybe you're feeling and ADV Primal? Set up a lobby and invite some friends.

Now, you may start saying it's sounding a bit too much like CoD, but in all honesty I think this is a good idea and I'm suggesting it.

2. Inb4 #walloftext

3. I hate to be the one to point this out, but I kinda just posted this about 30 minutes before you with a lot more details (took me several hours to write) and a few other ideas mixed in. Not sure whether it is that great minds think alike, but you should double-check the threads before you post. Please see "Sprint Wars - Giving New Life to the Game" thread in Ideas/Feature Requests. I know the thread is a bit long, but I think that the details that I show would bring more interest to the game and further expands upon this general theme by giving specifics to a system that would need them.

4. Skippy, my idea originated on someone else's thread about a week and a half ago.

Also, yours takes a different approach than mine. Don't be my mom and tell me what to read.

5. 

6. My mistake. I am not trying to offend anyone. I am only trying to make the game better.

I'm not your mom and I am a dude. I am not trying to pick a fight, just trying to be a proper gentleman and use proper etiquette.

Note from Your English Teacher: If you are tagging onto someone's writing you should either reference their post or post on their thread as it is technically plagiarism if you don't.

7. I'm not, actually. The OP even stated that what I had to say wasn't what he was thinking. Thanks for the my annual English 101 though.

Please, unless you have anything constructive to add, leave.

8. sethosaurus has a continued habit of stealing and copying peoples origional ideas and threads and then trying to cast them off as " all his own work " to try get recconition . ive been saying this for ages. sorry hes trying to do this to you skippy its to be expected from him.

9. Crap idea. We have system wars that nobody uses. Your suggestion is just change them to no reward ee wars. I feel nobody would use them since the only reason people truly ee is to get war equip. Some can be fun but lets be honest people want cool equipment.

10. In my opinion, system wars should drop rewards. Come out with equip that drops randomly from system wars. Let seals and horns have a chance at dropping. Etc. It'd be a nice change and I would guess more system wars would start popping up.

11. Why are you so harsh towards skippy?

12. This wouldn't replace the current system, it would add onto it for the people who do ee for fun, not mith.

13. Do I need to find the thread for you? At least enable auto correct. Please.

14. I quite like the concept of this however I wouldn't go as far to say no reward. Alternatively you could get 'payback' whereby any pots or mith used during the period of the war you get back allowing everyone to EE without any cost other than that lost from not participating in EB's during this time.
    So still no 'reward' at the end but at least some sort of system whereby you get what you spend back perhaps? Just a thought.
    I don't think this would work as a replacement for the current system if that is what you meant though, It would be nice if there was more seasons I hate waiting from S1 - S2 etc. To much time, I love to war!

Another idea: Why not have random seal drops for winning side of a war in S5? It would encourage more EB fairy's to convert to waring making it even more competitive.