A post about Satanism

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Takbir, May 7, 2015.

1. Apparently I'm was forum banned...

2. I think that is something we can all worship faithfully.

3. I believe...everyone's beliefs are their reality as much as is their perception of the world.

You can believe whatever you want.

I can believe pink unicorns give me butterfly kisses every night. It's my perogative.

That said, if op wants to call himself a satanist and lump himself with Chuck Manson, that's his thing....let it go.

I'm Catholic...until like last year, that means I hate homosexuality while following a bunch of homosexual religious dignitaries. Does that make any of that real based on my upbringing and what sect of a religion I identify with? No.

Does it mean OP will believe this post in 10 years? No.

If you're a good member of the community and follow the laws and rules of the society you live in, do your thing, go nuts...

That said, this thread was created with the intent to get clicks to an anti-social end.

Just my thoughts,

~j

4. It's weird that people still use that term.
    Satanism was actually a term created by the church to categorize the "heathen" faiths they were encountering during exploration.
    It's pretty much a generic term for any faith that doesn't worship "God".
    The evil references are basically propaganda created to fear monger n rally support.
    The logic being we worship God, and God is all that is good, if they don't worship God they must be evil.
    So we must eradicate these heathens in gods name before their evil spreads and corrupts.

Lol gotta love the logic

5. Ok, first things first: History is written by the victors.

How do you even know that your Christian God is really this all powerful being, and didn't just manipulate events to put himself in that position? For all we know, which is nothing, God may have first been this all evil being, and Satan was good, but God defeated Satan and forced people to believe he was the good one. In a way, it could be like Trotsky and Stalin.

Now, I believe that religion is all made by humans, so it is not entirely false, however exaggerated and mostly untrue.

However, I want to say this: Religion is not a fight between black and white, however it is grey. People are fighting for their cause with no reason to. You guys sometimes literally look extremely unreasonable when you fight sometimes.

Have you ever thought that you're all just talking about the same thing? I mean, what if the God you guys are talking about are just the exact same. It may very well be that both Satan and God are the same person, however just different perspectives of it by different people.

So, honestly, who cares about which side your talking about? They may as well be the same person, since there's no real reason why any of that stuff was written in the first place, other than to be used by the church to give them power. You guys are pretty much fighting the same battle, for the same reasons, except on opposite sides.

6. So you are choosing to give your devotion to a being who by all accounts rather dislikes the whole nature of your existence.
    He fell from heaven and lost his little war with god over the nature of free will and humanities very existance and now you follow him saying he gives light and freedom of choice.
    Get the feeling op found a satanists bible thought oh lets go troll forums because religion always goes over so well there.

7. Interesting read for sure.
    Quick entry, I'm Hindu, and in the religion I've learned that the "devil-Satan" or what ever one would call "an anti-God being" is to be honored as same as God. I find this extremely interesting in my faith. The old Greek mythology has hades who comes to zues aid. Etc etc.
    Only in the Christian stance is where one is led to believe that the whole evil of life is via satan, however one forgets that the toils of mankind, as per genesis, is because of the "original sin" meaning our own disobedience to edicts of God, so really who is satan here? Some say a cast out angel, credited with the original sin... So why? ( who is this satan we all talk about)
    Interspersing on interpretation on "written word" and lest not forget that off/from a human brain... Imperfect , so I say OP, good read.
    Let free speech rein!

8. I'm a non-theistic satanist. It's really more of a philosophy since we don't worship a higher power.

9. You're all weak!believe in yourselves for once. Not what some one else taught you.

10. That moment you made satanism actually look better than christianity.

impressive work op.

11. A refreshing look on religion, op.

In actuality I have long disliked the ideologies behind Abrahamic religions, which says their god is the only one true god and those who do not believes in their god are condemn to hell and outcasts as infidels.

I call male cow manure on that one.

Whatever name you give your god by whichever religion you follow, it all goes back to the same source. The law of nature does not change for you simply because you worship certain god. Neither does law of karma.

I prefer to call my god Crom 

12. This was very interesting :D I've always wondered if there was truly any non self harming forms of satanism but i always just assumed there was and never looked into it.

I didn't understand the part about theists or whatever the word was because I don't know the meaning but all and all it was a fairly good read :D

It seems almost as if instead of relying on a higher being for what happens in life that it is very centred around being and doing who you and your fellow humans should and want to do rather than what you have to do to go to heaven. I like that. Definitely seems good morales to follow.

13. God, Satan, ********. There's only two gods: me and Obama.

14. Now im going to ask you...that believe in God....what is God or Satan?

well ill answer this question...
    Both are the career of the selfdetermination implanted as a religion...
    nothing is bad or good.. only there is reactions to our thoughts...to judge what is good or what is bad because some men wrote it 2000+years ago its to poison the mind thinking in the next live...but same can applicated with ideologic about real live...

The only that humans should believe is the selfdetermination,all of us are similars.only difference is the place where we born...but all born in the Earth so all equal...

Leave out all the ideals and start to be humans,not animals..

15. I'll just get off this thread I want to read philosophers thread called OSW God vs Satanism

16. Did you know that it says in the bible that God is Like a sheperd and we are like a sheep. He guide us through the hills/plains/mountains (or anything like that) and he also find us even though only one of a hundred sheep lost its way...

Only Like not real animals and it depends in what kind of animal anyway (pig, goat, horse, etc.) but we are just compared to the sheep because a sheperd take good care of them :) (well I don't know if sheep are butchered that time but sheep are children's pet in the past than dogs so... I don't know much about the past anyway but I knew some stories from the Bible)

17. Im sorry to be the one to break the news god and this satan guy not real.