Getting New Players to KaW

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Choccy, May 4, 2015.

1. Hello, and welcome to this thread. My name is chocolate23.

Many users have been talking about that it may be difficult for new players to start playing KaW. The new players do not know how to start and they do not know so much about the game. I'm sure I haven't played this game if it wasn't because a player helped me getting started. I've got some suggestions of what
    The Developers can do to help new players getting started with the game.

#1: New Tutorial

KaW already have a tutorial for new players to guide them through the game. But I think there could be done some improvments on this tutorial.

The current tutorial helps players building and exploring lands, but it does not help players joining a clan and figthing in epic battles. So a new and improved tutorial would help alot with getting new players to KaW.

#2: Helping Players

I think it would be a good idea if players from the community could help new players with KaW. I know that there are already players doing this. But it would be better if we could get a system on this.

Maybe
    The Developers could ask some players that are willing to help, to help new players. These players could maybe get some rights and they should be able to somehow see when new players started playing KaW. I think the requirments of becoming a "helper" should be something like this:

• 1. Have played KaW for atleast 6 months/1 year.
      2. Have atleast 3-4 mill. combined stats.
      3. Have been active for the last 2 months.
    • The Developers should have seen that he/she is willing to help and is nice to other people.

If the player has been inactive for about a month or so, the player should automatically get his/her "helper" rights removed.

#3: Easier to Grow Fast

There is a really big gap between the smallest and the biggets players in KaW today. I think that we need to decrease this gap if new players should have a chance to get bigger. I think this is a big reason to why many small players leave the game.

Things like increasing the equipment stats, make lowland builds/lands cheaper and increase the gold drop on small epic battles would help with this.

What do you think about these ideas? Feel free to share your opinion below, or come with your own suggestions if you have any! Do you have any questions regarding any of my ideas? Feel free to ask, and I will try my best to answer them as fast as possible! :D

Have a great day! :)

2. Reserved

3. I support this proposition. We desperately need new players.

4. Thanks! :D

I agree!! We really need new players to KaW. The game will die out if there isn't coming new players to the game.

5. Personally I feel like the kaw community should take this into their own hands as well as the devs. So many people are hostile towards new players that it simply puts them off joining. Obviously some players will leave straight away as they don't like the look of the game but that's just how things are with some gamers.

6. I agree!

7. Or offer them free chocolate upon entry.

8. :shock:

9. The idea of more money from smaller eb's is good. Have a system were your increase in plunder from tier 5 and under goes down as your stats go up. So the big's don't just go hit the smaller eb's.

10. Yeah. That's what I thought.

11. Isn't this why VK is for

12. Really the only way to get a good majority of new players is to change the game to their appeal. But the Kawmmunity is all about anything but change.

Simply put, no.

13. But there isn't a system for it, and VKs aren't made specifically for only helping players.

14. I must say you made a very well thought out thread here. I agree new players need to get more motivation to actually keep playing after finding out it will be a tough road to the top. Teaching them and helping to find a suitable clan for them is a step in the right direction

However, if you would be making lowlands/highlands cheaper for the new players there should be some kind of refund to those who already put hard work in completing them. I'm not saying this because I would be looking for such a reward as I have yet to start converting those lands.

15. This game is officially dead, it's only going to die more.

16. I support.

Maybe just because of the new cheap allies, but nonetheless I support. ;)