Is the hit range really too "rangey"?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by DaddyOwnsYou, May 1, 2015.

1. Hey kawrums

In my lurking moments over the past few months I have noticed something i dont quite agree with.
    People complaining about the hit range mechanics.

I can see their point, people can be hit by people 5X their size (roughly) no matter how big they are. And i understand it used to be ok because people could use pots and return hits and in this day and age that isn't strictly true.

But, here is why I agree with it.

1) people with larger stats should be respected more. They have bigger stats because they are stronger, if you talk smack to them you deserve the punishment.
    2) Some people will pick on smallers just because they can. This will start wars because people dont agree with it and in my opinion, more wars the better.
    3) more incentive for people to grow big and not able to be smacked down by someone stupidly bigger.

What are your thoughts kawmunity?
    Inb4 no1 currr
    Inb4 no support
    Inb4 eagled

2. You are looking at it the wrong way, you want someone to grow big so they can fight other bigs well you can't really do that with pvp

3. I get that, but if youre idk like my size, u can be hit by people with 20 mill cs and actually bigger because im a spy build xD i like that because it means if i talk smack to someone big i legitimately cant defend myself (unless their bfa/bfe is horrific) and that SHOULD encourage people to stop talking smack to people bigger than them and fight people that are their own size.

4. I dont agree with #1 they have big stats they deserve respect?

5. You really think TR1 deserves respect?

:lol:

6. So i should respect people that max xtal and do b2b hte all day that are bc in a year, instead of smaller people that play 3-4 years? Yes you know what youre doing op

/endsarcasm

7. It doesnt take max xtal hte all day to max build or even just be big, my point is, i agree with the hit range as it encourages people to not treat someone with larger stats with complete disrespect and that it is your own fault if u get hit when you do.

8. I don't decide who I respect in this game based on their stats, I decide based on their game play abilities and their respect level to others.

Just because someone 6-10x my size disagrees with me or feels I have disrespected them doesn't mean the game mechanics should let this person be able to hit me.

In a game where you're unable to fight back, there's no reason to play.

9. Narcissist Just Said It All ^

10. I think it's more the fact someone like my size can be hit by people who have more towers than I do in stats. Its literally impossible to win. 2x-3x would be okay. 5x is way too large though

11. My example of why you're wrong is when I was hitting someone 2mcs smaller than me and he got someone 36mcs larger than me (not including his massive bfa and bfe) to fight his battle, the hit range discourages new players and ruins 1v1

12. BC can hit me im pretty sure and I dont think that is fair I cant possibly win maybe a scout bomb but whatever it is what it is

13. I just dont care for the hit ranges during pvp events.

Seriously, it encourages players to hit those that are smaller.

Outside of events, im fine with how it is.

14. I enjoy hit ranges as it allows me to still participate in strips against 60m cs players 

15. The problem isn't smack talk. It's normally the big guys talking big and bad going after a smaller guy and throwing him in the flipping ca for there clan to be on.
    Also respect? The hell are you talking about? No one deserves respect for being a "bigger build" 200k+ hits, okay. Big build? Hell no. Besides it's a video game if you don't respect everyone irl until proven you shouldn't why do you think anyone will in a pretend game?

16. I disagree with your view of this completely. I'm all for war and more people hitting PvP, but all someone getting hit by someone 6x their size does is make them all the less likely to be hit.

There is no motivation to grow when all that's likely to happen is that even bigger people are able to pick on you and farm you while you have no way of fighting back.

When I done some checks on this I found that the number was around 6.1x my size excluding bfe, BFA and only going off stats. If BFA/bfe was included it could probably knock that number up to 6.5-7x my stats.

Being 11.5mill cs and getting picked on by someone who could be 60mill cs+ just isn't enjoyable to most.

17. I agree current hit range is too huge.
    I'm getting pounded by a thirty million combined.