is the game shrinking or growing?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by joe_, May 1, 2015.

1. Exactly what I was getting at luck. GoW sucks, I have been playing it recently. It's a cloned game. There have been 50 exactly like it that came before it. Even though it has no where near the play value, or the social aspect(which is what keeps ppl playing for years), it kills KaW in revenue and player base.

The reason: because of the commercials and proper advertising. Not because it's a better game.

2. You are absolutely correct Monkey. I agree

3. I have so many friends laugh at me because I play an app game. These are diehard Xbox, PS, and PC gamers. I have those systems as I have kids. Do I enjoy them? Not really. It's solo, hide in my box, leave me alone kind of games. I can take my device on the go anywhere and unload, chat, or play dead. Social game any day over that. I like to hear ppl's opinions and thoughts. That's KAW at it's finest

4. You can take a laptop anywhere #pcmasterrace ;p

5. Only if you catch WiFi, kaw can be played via 4g 

6. Just use a personal hotspot from your phone #rekt

7. Both, I'd say growing in regards to the revenue. Seals are $6 each and many are being sold. It's also shrinking due to the lack of interest in the game

8. New players are likely alts, the interface of this game is simply too dated to compete for new players with the other flashy war games. No one is seeing pong and deciding to buy rush out and get an atari.

The social aspect is what makes this game great, but it's not apparent on the market. The only people who care about it are those with significant sunk costs: time, money, etc., but can't imagine there is much of a market for a game with a 5 year graphics and gameplay.

9. Not growing .
    For example look at ireg . Then click my wall and tap queenvasia .
    Even the so called originals have gone but there account exist under new name and gender . Makes it even tougher to compete when devs allow this and just turn there head for income

10. Shrinking . Example of even old accounts abusing kaw . Hit my wall , tap queen vasia . Where does it take you ( to ireg ) the devs just bat there head and look other direction if it means a big money spender . It's really to bad .

One idiot can also tax a whole Community and devs just see $

11. @Reaper

Why not just use your phone then? Lmfao

12. Shrinking in income

13. pretty soon everyone will have a Cease fire with one another and this game will be all ee, ebs and event's for me personally the interest has waned.

from a developers standpoint hypothetically it makes logical sense to increase expenditure in the ee, ebs and create events which also facilitate this as wars in this game are sadly reaching their conclusions all the great clans have bandied together and what's left is playing catch up. whether you war to war or not ultimately this is a war game but war leads to peace and when peace is achieved war no longer occurs until a disruption to that peace is raised. it's easy enough to understand but some people don't know there abc's so I'll explain it like that.

people take this game way to seriously and in time it has killed the gaming aspect of it you don't need to be old school you can just look in best of to see that.

14. Shrinking in income how? Each seal is $6 and I'm pretty sure people buy xtals

15. The spending to grow issue is the main deterrent now. Clan loyalty goes out the window when the benefits of hte in both growth and events is so much more valuable to the individual player. The spenders have all for the most part banded together to minimize their own costs (I can't blame them, but this was not the case before hte), but that has left many clans in a tough spot unable to retain members.

My recommendation would be to alter the nature of seals.

1. Remove them from the marketplace and replace them with crux chests so the devs will still have something to generate revenue other than xstal/nob sales

2. Increase the rate of seal drops (at least double if not triple)

3. Seals now function in the same manner as the EE did when first introduced - leave the clan that it dropped in, and it will be removed from the inventory

4. During events, only the sealer gets the large event material drop, the rest would pay the same as a regular haunt.. or change the drops so all eb's drop all material (or better yet, stop with the damn multiple material events)

I think these changes would help with many of the issues of imbalance in size, by preventing the majority of seals in the game being spent in a handful of clans. Allowing these clans to thrive while everyone else falls behind.

The issue I see though is so much of the power in the game has been condensed into so few clans.. It's doubtful that it's going to spread much now. Those that would represent the best mentors out there are all in the same clans, so the wisdom isn't passed on to new players.. and the result is what we are seeing now.

16. hte discourages spending. One week in a hte clan gives you how much gold? Divide that by bc costs

17. So you're saying the top lb don't spend because of hte? That doesn't make any sense

18. Top lb spends, wont change. But outside of top lb people spend less overall

19. Pretty sure they spend more than in the past, just look at the wins

20. Shrinking,