Education System

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GUY_ABOVE_ME_SUCKS, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Today I decided to discuss with you our Education system in which the future leaders of our world must go through

In my opinion I would much rather spend my tax dollars on schools that would teach our children classes such as first aid rather then teaching them how to figure out whether the number of preventable deaths caused by this decision is prime. I am sorry but not many jobs now a days require you to know the Quadratic Formula, and those that do have computers that do it for you. Introduce the subjects ABSOLUTELY! but it should be the children's decision whether they want to continue in that area of study based on their career path. As Albert Einstein once said:

"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge A fish by it's ability to climb a tree It will live it's whole life believing it is stupid".

So far in my life I can honestly say that the only subject that has benefited me were my English classes.

So what do you all think we can do to improve our school system? After all it is only the children of our future that we are talking about...

2. Why forced education for the future? That's a little archaic.

Why wouldn't you want a voluntary system that's exploits the individual strengths?

Since this is a hypothetical.

3. Because children are so good at deciding what skills would be needed for a career.......

4. Most High schoolers have a basic idea of what they want to do for their future. So why not implement a class that teaches them how to?

5. Being in college for Engineering, I'd say math and science did benefit me a whole lot.

However, I do think there should be branches of study that students could pick during Highschool. Some countries such as France have it where you pick what you want to go into, Mathematics, Literature, Fine Arts, etc.. Don't cram every student into the same category.

6. You wouldn't even need to do that. Children already gravitate towards their interest. So you would probably would like to facilitate that in a future society.

Instead of wasting time with forced curriculum.

Kids are a lot smarter than you believe. Society has a tendency to dumb them down a bit. With forced education.

7. There are three kinds of people in this world.. Those who can add.. And those who can't

8. That goes without saying, basic math skills? Funny anyway.

How petty are we getting here? I could add before I started school. It came along with speech and walking.

9. So that's like 3 activities U learned before u learned to add?

10. Pretty dumb question. To you learn before you learned to add? Lol

Did you need taught how to learn?

11. What the hell is a edumakation

12. If you must quote Einstein quote him correctly please.
    And just because there is no requirement for you to use anything other than your English skills.
    Others need those skills. Society at large needs a mass pool of skill sets. After all who do you expect to make and program the computers in the future when no one knows how to?

Catering to teaching millions of individuals is impossible. You would need one on one teaching. Teachers need and expect good parents to promote their child's expertise. Schools unfortunately can only ever be geared for teaching the masses a broad spectrum of knowledge, whilst higher education thus promotes the individuals chosen topic.
    It's far from perfect. But it is the only way to teach millions.

13. Maths and other subjects indirectly help you understand things around you and develop problem solving skills. Although the education system isn't perfect by any means, saying that only English is a useful subject shows a very limited view on the world.