Build Wars Idea

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -Narwhal, Apr 8, 2015.

1. [size=][/color][/size][/center]
    [/quote]Well, some of you guys know that I've posted this before... Well... This is the 4th time I've posted it. However, I believe that if at first your idea doesn't work, keep posting it over and over and over again until it does.
    [title2]L'idée[/title2]
    So, basically, this is an attempt at creating a war in which everyone is 'equal'. Your previous build doesn't matter anymore, no matter how strong or weak you were. Your kingdom will be totally wiped and you'll be left with HL-LL lands unlocked, and a certain amount of gold. I found 2 ways that this could be accomplished, if you think of different ways, then feel free to post.
    1. (not my recommendation) Save Files. Your current Kingdom will be put into a save file, and in its place, there will be the save of your new 'build war' kingdom. When the war is over, your 'build war' save will be deleted and you will return to your normal base, and your rewards would then be given. Now, the main problem I see with this would be the possibility of corrupted game saves. If somehow your game doesn't save your kingdom properly, you could risk it getting deleted entirely.

2. (My Recommendation) Open up a new server solely to run and create 'build war' accounts. When the sign up for the war ends, an account that has your exact name will be created with that certain amount of gold, and when you exit the war, you will be returned to the normal server, and the 'build war' account will be deleted.
    Now, back to the idea. With that certain amount of gold, you will be able to buy any build within your budget. In the case you get a little extra money, you are able to buy HF lands and build on those. The amount of gold that you are given is the same for all players. In the case that a player is inactive, their base is considered inadequate, or its just plain stupid(in which case players will get a notification saying how stupid their base is), the base will be replaced by a generic balanced attack build. During the war, there are either 2 options, disable the purchase of pots, or have a set amount that every player has. The same goes with allies, and allies will be able to be bought during the war, and ONLY during the war(in the case there are a set number of allies each player has). However, a MP ally with no stats and is invisible will always be on you, and you are unable to drop any allies during war. The DTW/DTS mechanic will be DISABLED(KO's are implemented). You will be allowed 1 Xtal for every hour of the war (need to make money somehow :p ). Mith spells are allowed.

Rewards are not decided yet.

Exploits
    (Post them below and I will attempt to create a fix for them here.)

2. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

No Support List
    1. DirtyLarry
    2. IXl-_Pepper_-lXI
    3. Planemaster
    4. Inglorious_Saberwulf
    5. Nighthawk_FPBO_1

3. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

Support

4. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

Support for a very reasonable idea Narwhal.. Seems like a very fair and balanced way to get more people involved with wars.: I like it

P.S

Support for DirtyLarry having no support, that actually made my day

5. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

U could still deal w inactives and people building to ps then dropping allies to open themselves. Also would this be a clan structured event or like indy where u cast n get placedOther than that option 2 seems pretty good. That said there will always be an exploit and a clan searching for it

6. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

There's no other war needed to add! they just need to be adjusted. Ur idea is totally pointless dropping build. Saving on files wth are u smoking lol

7. Re: Build Wars Idea... By Narwhal... Again...

It really wouldn't matter that much whether it is a clan or an indi thing, and while that is true about exploits, what you may want to note is that it's not that there's an exploit matters, the severity of the exploit does.

As for your other 2 questions:

8. I don't understand this, an idea that a bunch of people think is dumb gets posted on a lot, however, a seemingly well thought out idea (or at least I think it is) gets ignored by everyone.

Or did I just miss something?

9. I've seen it be suggested before, and i still kinda like the idea though because then it's raw warring skill, but on a game like this i feel like it takes away a certain factor that the wars have(or used to have at least)

*edit: the factor i meant was all the hard work you put in to have your build ready and able for war, it means every decision matters a lot, if you get to build whatever you want, you don't appreciate it as much

10. Jw, what factor are you talking about?

11. Cool idea, Gets everyone involved.

12. You can still hire the opponent's ally right? (Ps ps ps ps)

13. I can see the point of our normal wars now since you have to build your kingdom up. If we had this war then our previous efforts are useless.

14. So thats a No Support from me

16. So ps exploit

17. I never really got around to the rewards section, but the main point of it is to give bonuses to your main kingdom. I was going to add backstory into it, but I cut it out for the sake of the length of the thread. The backstory was something like commanders and their legions having to fight in a gladiatorial arena, using only the weapons provided to them, making it a fair fight for all, and used to show the kingdoms who the best strategists were.

So the rewards would be like gladiator equip for your kingdom, unique spells, and possibly mithril or another new form of currency.

18. Well, they could always sacrifice some of their gold to cast a mithril spell instead of using it for a building.

19. I've seen something similar before, either way I like it and support the idea