Be An Armchair WC: WC strategy discussion

Discussion in 'Wars' started by O_o_____Frog____o_0, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Perfect it aint, but you know what? I love EE wars. Win or lose, they are thrilling with lots of teamwork. I even enjoy WCing once or twice a week. It’s kinda thrilling losing at the minus 15 minute mark, with your clannies calling you an idiot, just to pull out a last-minute victory and have them call you some kind of EE genius.

Lots of people a scared to WC. They feel it is beyond them or they don’t like the pressure perhaps, which is a shame, cause the more who try it, the more I feel will catch the EE Bug.

One thing I think is needed is a thread to discuss WC strategy, so those who haven’t WC’d can see what goes through the mind of WC’s. To help this along, I decided to make a narrative of a recent war I WC’d. This is not to brag or to make claims of being some EE master. I will just simply tell you my strategy and I want you to comment on my tactics and ways you would have changed/ improve them.

Ready? Here we go.

Heedless Slayer(enemy)s vs Dark Assassins 2 (us)
    Individual War 5-10 random KO
    81 aside. Huge war with at least 6 LB on each side. Smallest builds were just under 20 mil CS

I wasn’t planning to WC this war cause I didn’t a have my PC handy. However with under 15 min to go and still no one stepping up, decided to dust off my tablet and give it a go.

War Brief

Some people like Syl make very personal and detailed War briefs, even for huge indi wars. I went for less is more, cause 1) I didn’t have the time 2) lots of ppl don’t pay attention to the War Brief anyway and end up bombarding WC’s pms with “What’s my target.” 3) simpler the rule, more likely it would be followed

I broke my team into three groups: Spy heavies (about 15 ), Bigs CR1-30, and smalls #31-81

I told my bigs to sb Cr 7 and then the three big LCBC ps. (On pj’s suggestion I later included Cr9, only 11 mil spy stats but BFA might have been high) the enemy had 18 big spy builds but I didn’t want to overload them with info right at the start.
    After the SB, they were to skim cr 28, 24, who had relatively small adt

I had my smalls start by sb all the LB CR 1-6 to zero spy them. Then they were to skim cr 81 and work up the attack builds. Someone complained about the smalls “wasting their spies” on the LB. However many defended me, saying the LB’s BFa can assassin anyone, so keeping them ZS was imperative.

I had my spies open on their CR 18 and then 15. Both of these had huge attack stats (30mil)but almost no sdt. (3.3mil and 5.3 mil respectively). I wanted to keep these two big builds out of the picture, unable to plunder my smalls.

In general, I told my team to skim and tank, only sko if troops under 30%.

The War
    -55:00 min We losing by 7B
    The Slayers took plunder early. I told the clan to check LB to make sure Zs. I was an early assassin target, losing my spies and half my troops right off the bat. Luckily no one wanted to test my towers early on.

-45:00 min We losing by 20B
    This was the widest gap throughout the war. However our tracker maverick_sam was doing excellent work and we had many kos. We were behind, but green seemed much more prominent than red so I told everyone that spamming tracker targets took precedence. I figured we would KO plunder that 20 B back before long.

Like always in Indi, there were some players who felt they needed to constantly yell out targets, even though they were not tracking or Wc. One dude yelled out “66 weak” four times, like I was supposed to change strategy to ko a small.
    Another dude started screaming “Anrod is diving! Anrod is diving!” and then got all snippy when I ignored him. Sorry but I don’t suddenly change strategy at the start of the war, and I ignore ppl who can’t be bothered to give me a CR.

-30:00min We lead by 1.7B

The strategy paid off and we entered the last half of the war with a small lead. Now the tricky part: when to xstal. For me, random is the hardest xstals to call because you can’t really sync dives like you can with Advantage or even Classic. For me, I always feel a late xstal strategy is better for random, because even in the last minutes there is always someone forced out of KO in random. I continued our repin strategy until I saw some movement on the other side.

-25:00min We losing by almost 7B
    They had regained the lead, but it was unclear if they had xstalled or just dived. It was also unclear how many dove. I felt many hadn’t dove or xstalled yet. I told my small team to all dive at -23:00 and not xstal up. My reasoning here was if the enemy was going to xstal and dive again, they would have to do it on my big boys as most of my smalls would be koed. Hopefully this would minimize any xstal damage they would do.

-20 We losing by the same 7B
    Lots of the enemy decided to dive between 20-25 and the cc was littered with mostly dark green. Now it was our time to xstal. I told my bigs that if they were at 50% troops or lower, that I wanted them to xstal up and tank at -18:00. Time was running out, I wanted my big tanks to be super strong to meet any of their xstals, once again to minimize enemy plunder.

-15:00min We losing by 10B
    Some of the enemy had xstalled, including leaderboards. However I felt a 10 B gap was doable. I told my spies to xstal at -13:00 and assassin the WC in order. Worked beautifully as the their top plundered were koed before the 10 min mark, meaning they would come up at least once before war end.

-10:00 min We losing by 5B
    Ten minutes left and most of the clan has not xstalled yet. I broke up my smalls. I called an xstal for cr 31-61. I told gave them two Mid-cr30 targets to take down. They were to plunder and dive. By no means were they to stay up and become a LB meal. I felt I would hold 62-81 from xstalling since they would probably give up more than they can earn.

-5 Losing by 300 M

GAP WAS ONLY 300M! Then WHAMMO! One of our LB (cr3) ako their LB (cr6) we got a huge plunder boost from that. Then two idiots on our side started saying “everybody Xstal”, even though I gave no such order. Funny how some people decided to become WC in the last 5 minutes. The CC was filling up with some red, so I became nervous. At -3 minI told all that hadn’t xstalled to do so and sko on any bright red they see.

Result: We won by 2.5B.
    Xstalling late paid off, also we had superb tracking, and the LB ako was a game changer. Anyway, my WCing had the desired result, but I make no claims about it being perfect. What would have you done differently? Did I screw up anywhere?

Let’s discuss EE strategy. I also ask in advance that if your comment is off-topic and designed simply to throw crap at me the OP, that you simply close the thread and post elsewhere. Thanks

2. :mrgreen:

Some notes.

I personally didn't have a good war. Only 22 actions, tracker only got 6 in. We were both preoccupied.

After the war, some opponents expressed displeasure with their tracking and inability to ko us.

3. Support to the brave and courageous wc's. It is not an easy job and takes a lot of work. Thank you for making wars playable.

Good thread frog

4. I think it was great.i would of been pissed about the late crystals though if leading everybody should of just sko and rode it out crystaling in last few min.is risky plunder off the 1 could of cost you the war

5. It's simply amazing to read this, especially since I don't EE War, but plan to in the future (maybe next season :U)
    I hope to either be on your side one day, so I can witness such a marvel :lol:

6. See wars like these are the ones which define this game! Exhilarating and intense. 

Lately mine have been a swing and a miss in quality overall - but glad to see good wars such as these are still around. 

Still, to get a good match is all: 
    Nice job Frog bro - need to WC more often! :p

7. Nice read The opening strategy doesn't seem to be what determines the outcome of these wars, it's all about the xstals. A bad xstal call can result in the opponent plundering you massively, and proper xstal'ing can result in a huge shift in plunder. If you bomb it in the beginning, you still have a great shot at coming back. Back and forth wars are the most fun for me, but that only seems to happen one out of every five wars I'm in. The rest are pretty mismatched.

8. Sounds like a pretty kick ass war.

I tried WCing my first EE as an Indi a week ago and that didn't go well, but it was still fun.

9. Your lb should start off by assassinating not scouting. It's a waste of resources no matter what the outcome.

10. I'm pretty sure his smalls SBed their LBs

11. "I broke my team into three groups. Spy heavies(about 15), Bigs CR 1-30, and smalls #31-81. I told my bigs to scout cr7 then the three bigs LCBC ps"

Yes his smalls scouted their lbs 1-6 but that isn't my point. I said it's a waste for lb to scout and it clearly states they scouted cr7 and 3 ps.

12. What was your sprit time running from iG osw?

No support

13. Blah blah.

So just tell us who won u or ur opponents 

14. Blah Blah, maybe read the bright red writing at the bottom.

Result: We won by 2.5B.

15. Just have the smalls hit the tops good plan, having smalls hit smalls is pointless

16. Sam is a great tracker! personally I think although the WC has a very important job with initial targets/ skims

17. @chubby and selfie

Please leave the thread for posting off-topic.

Chubby fb stl. Only one fail.

@ Jupiter

I agree with your LB point. However can't assasin ps. I think I had them assasin 7 9 then SB the three ps. Been nearly a week, so hard to remember exactly.

18. Gj you bouncing anomaly.

19. Totally agree. I've only tracked twice and never with an 81 man roster. Total respect to Sam. One could argue he was a much bigger reason we won than me. The purpose of the thread is to dissect my wc strategy, however, so it may seem I might not be giving him the credit he deserves.

20. Not xtaling is always a good strat