Food Talk [D]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devouring, Mar 27, 2015.

1. So what you're saying is that your original comment was completely irrelevant to the conversation? Also tax rate is not dependent. Nominal tax paid yes but tax rate is not.

2. Lol Seth you need to be educated.

Stay in school,

3. Have you ever noticed how when you fry bacon, you're always left with a hefty amount of lard on the bottom of the pan?

Now, you can pour all that lard into a bucket and save it! If ever this lard tax law is passed, you can utilise your own lard bucket (tm)!

If you're on a bit of an anarchist side, like I am, you can boil your healthy veggies and then dip them into some lard, just to stick it to 'the man'. Better yet, you can start your own underground bootleg lard business! Get yourself a long leather trench coat, some jars, string and a shady corner to stand in.

Study your victims carefully. A desperate look on their faces is a good tell, as is short breath, sweaty face and a slight shaking of their hands when they see an empty packet of chips. A healthy pink tint on their faces is a good sign too. But stay away from healthy-looking people! They might be snitches, undercover agents! Stay away from them!

When you spot your mark, simply open your coat a bit to reveal your lard and lard related paraphernalia and in a raspy voice ask: "Might I interest you in some product of your interest?".

Cash guaranteed!

4. You are a special person

Soooo very special

5. Tbh, it shouldn't be taxed, many families don't have the time some times to cook a meal, or like my case I run my own restaurant, and I do anywhere from 20-25 15 hour shifts a month as the GM of my fathers chain. I only have a bit of time, so that unhealthy food like McDonalds is the only thing I can get and grab within 30 minutes. Everything is okay in moderation.

6. One quick google search says otherwise. Scientists and doctors say you can't attribute obesity to a percentage. And even if you could, I'd disagree. It relatively infringes on our first amendment, the pursuit of happiness. If you're going to tax junk food, tax all the rest the same. Let people be fat if they want to, let them lodge three pounds of sodium down their throat if they want to. People have freedom to do what they want, and I couldn't care less as to what they do with themselves or their body.

7. Boo! Leave it open there's still plenty to have a input here

8. Okey I'll leave it open for a couple more days.

9. you run your own restaraunt but dont have time to make a meal?? Hmmm restaraunts still prepare and serve food right? :/

10. What gets me though is people are still under the believe that food isn't already tax thou, government have everything taxed from what you earn to what you spend.

The reason why healthy food costs so much is because of the effort that goes into producing a carrot compared with a few other creative ways people have come up with.

But lets not confuse things like free range and normal eggs to be different, because that's just saying chickens are allowed to run around before the block.

Healthy food is hard, time consuming and can go off a lot quicker than "junk food" just look at the seasons of when you can get strawberries, they become cheap as chips during summer but during winter they are very expensive. Just a matter of how easy it is to produce affects the cost, which is why "junk food" tends to be cheaper

11. Even if you work at a local side food cafe you'll get a free meal for working there, miss them days when I use to work in a pub kitchen best of both worlds, had free lunch and a free drink when I finished.