Hung's Cuisine Extraordinaire - Episode 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hungrier, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Welcome to my kitchen, friends, comrades, visitors! Today we're going to prepare a delicious and simple dish of Ragú Di Pollo! Or chickin sauce!

This dish is extremely cheap, the ingredients are readily available all over the place. Very nice for students, artists and other vagrants. Also it is very, very delicious! Who said a party had to cost a lot?

Ingredients:

- A huge onion
    - a few cloves of garlic (I like a lot)
    - minced (ground) chickin meat (optional, really)
    - chickin stock cubes
    - olive oil
    - butter
    - a small tin of tomato puree
    - a tin of crushed tomato
    - macaroni, pasta or spaghetti
    - a bush of fresh Oregano and Basil
    - salt, pepper, as usual
    - parmegiano cheese
    - good company
    - good drink
    - good music
    - bandages.

Chop your onion into tiniest cubes you can. Remember, keep your knife sharp! Do the same for the garlic. Also chop your herbs. Cut your finger and use a bandage, swear a bit.

Put a large kettle on a heat and throw in a clump of butter and some olive oil. Bring the mix to a fry. Throw in your onion and chicken first. Wait for a moment and throw in the garlic. Mix until the onion begins to caramelize a little. (I mean, when you begin to see a shade of golden brown). Drop the tomato puree in and let it fry for just a little while while mixing.

Now pour the crushed tomato in, and add maybe 1/4 of a tin of water. Add the herbs and chicken stock and bring the mess to a boil. Then turn down the heat to a slow simmer and put a lid on the kettle. Don't forget to stir so that it doesn't burn on you! Spice with pepper and salt if needed. Leave it to simmer. Remember to taste! If you never taste it, how do you know what it needs? Always taste!

Put another kettle on the heat now, add water and some salt. Bring it to a boil and add the macaroni. Let it cook. And please don't ask me how to boil macaroni, I'll get angrier.

When the macaroni is done, sieve it and add it to the tomato pot. Mix well, serve, sprinke with some parmegiano, enjoy! If you calculated your ingredients properly, you should have every piece of macaroni just slightly covered with ragú. Not soaked, not dry.

Pro tip: Bake some baguettes and break pieces off of them to use as edible utensils! You can also use the bread to clean up the pot and plates to save in dishwashing!

For dessert, I like to have (not serve, because it's mine!) some ice cream with strawberry jam.

Super pro tip 3000! Be inventive and courageous! Try another ingredients. Replace chicken with bacon, pork, beef, veggies. Zucchini works very well, try eggplant, broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms. Add chili! If you add raw meat other than chicken, add it to the pot before the onion and let it fry for a bit. Maybe try adding just a bit of raw garlic before mixing! Or if you're really courageous, try a drop of whole cream! Also, it doesn't depend on any meat, so it's a perfect thing for a veggie dish!

This food, as any, is best served in the company of best friends, listening to some good music and enjoying a good wine.

Bon appét|t!

2. Chicken stock cubes.....sigh.

C'mon, make a chicken stock man!!

3. This show needs to learn how to spell "chicken".

4. You forgot one thing..

You're Welcome

5. I hear you, and you're correct. But I try to make the recipe available to all to cook. Of course proper chicken stock is better, but with this one, it doesn't really matter that much. The tomato will drown most of the finer aspects of the flavour anyways. The stock is there for the salt mostly. And why add just salt if you can add some flavour and salt together? Thus, chickin stock!

6. Replace that rag with a chicken and I'll spank it!

7. what time is dinner again? :lol: