the death of Sir Terry Pratchett

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -WinterKnight-, Mar 12, 2015.

1. One of the best loved authors in recent years passed away today at home with his cat sleeping on his bed surrounded by family and friends.
    His death aged 66 was announced on social media by his family with the simple words " the end "
    He had been fighting a long public battle with a rare form of Alzheimer's, in recent years he'd been an active and vocal supporter of the right to die in a manner of your own choosing.

He wrote many books and bought much laughter into the world with his wit and wisdom. He loved humanity but he showed us our stupidity, arrogance, the petty hates and painful ignorance that blight our history and cast deep gloomy shadows over our future.
    If you've never read one of his books please I urge you too they are full of wonders and hopefully more than a little laughter.

He will be greatly missed but never forgotten.

2. Such a shame. One of my favourite authors. A wonderful man with great talent. If you have not read any of the Discworld series I suggest you do so.

3. Much RIP, such tragic, very condolence

4. No one could rush the quarterback quite like him.RIP

5. Only six posts. Wow. I gues its onli a few of us who like reading. May he rest in peace.

6. And two of the posts came from morons who wanted to troll. So sad.

7. He will be missed he wrote wonderful works of humour and satire.
    He embraced technology but never forgot that the best stories were told by candlelight or by fires.
    It's been said before but if you've not read one of his books you've missed out on something wonderful. Whether the fantasy tales of the various discworld, Series the newer long earth series, nation and dodger for an alternate historical earth.

RIP Sir Terry Pratchett you will be missed.

8. "It is said that your life flashes past your eyes just before you die. This is true. It is called Life" - Terry Pratchett.

R.I.P

9. "Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - T.P.

R.I.P.

10. "Give a man fire and he'll be warm for day. Set him on fire and he'll be warm fire the rest of his life" - T.P.

R.I.P.

11. Salty, to be honest, it is your comments that are out of place here. What is your opinion of Terry Pratchett's death? I cant tell, for all you have done here is try to stir up strife.

12. How's about showing some courtesy for the departed.

Just throwing that one out there as a crazy idea in kaw forums just act like decent people.

13. This is really sad news. Mr Pratchett and I lived in the same town before, and we often patronized the same coffee place. He was always very polite, often funny, sometimes frendly… so long as nobody was there going on about his 'fame'. I love his books, his characters, his view of the world. He will be missed.

14. "The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head." RIP T.P