Introducing the Black Market

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Moody, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How about you can't buy equipment you already have, most big accounts with alts already have the eb equipment, therefore you can't exploit it

2. They wouldn't transfer to their big accounts. You'd transfer to a statless and build complete it insanely fast lol

3. Support!

This can be an in game/non-sanctioned section of KAW with a claimer when you enter.

I like playing risk...but the ability to abuse this is not something within the spirit of the game. So, I don't see it happening.

But I support it.

4. How would you build complete insanely fast when the alt has to buy what ever was put up? The alt would have to put up an equipment for an insane price and the bigger account would have to buy it

5. What do you mean?

As someone said. The new acc just puts up some leonine arm plates or hairy legs for like 20t and the main account buys it off them lol.

6. That's why I said you can't buy equipment you already have :lol: It'll fix that part of the exploit.

I also have a suggestion, instead of directly buying it, why not have an auction type thing?

7. Put a cap on the price you can sell something for - for example, all equip has a base price value already (the stuff you get dropped if you already have the equip)

This price cap can have a base amount /- an amount based upon how many are on the market (or movement of item over recent times) - more items = lower max price

8. Great idea! Well thought out and presented.

Support to everything EXCEPT mith sale. Mith should always be earned through wars/pvp imo. :)

9. I like the idea, but at the same time what about the armor you need for certain ebs you can't sell those other wise you cannot hit the ebs which require those items. Plus the devs would have to change a lot to make this fit, like adding gold bars to banner upgrades or scrolls.

10. It is a choice to sell, if you don't want to sell your equipment you don't have to :)

I don't doubt it would take work, but that doesn't mean this isn't a credible idea :)

11. This is probably the best solution. Market prices will rise and decline automatically daily, and would be determined by how much by demand for said item. Kind of like stocks.. I think.

12. Just write the coding for it and give it to the devs

13. Wish I knew how to code war :p

14. Would this market require any thing specific to make it a available to players? Similar to the mage.

Basically something a statless at wouldn't have access to.

15. It's actually pretty simple to fix the exploits most people are talking about. You could easily set a few different base prices for the seller to choose from based on what Equipment it is. For example, if your talking about a really high equip with huge stats, you could simply choose from 3 prices to sell from. The buyer would then just go choose which base price to buy from and choose which one they want in that prices category.

People would still buy at the highest price for the higher enchants on it.

Btw those prices aren't what I recommend there just examples.

16. Might have already been mentioned- I only read OP. To make it harder to transfer gold you could make it so only offers within 20% of the average of the 5lowest prices show up.

17. Support there is stuff i want to get rid of and a few of my alts could use. The amount of excess psion and need more inferno/aqua.

18. I like the ideassupport. I think the easiest, best, and fairest way to solve the exploitation issue is that the buyer always buys at the best sale price out there and seller always sells at best buy price. This is how the stock market works. For instance, you could have a 'market order' buy which means you want to buy at the best price offered. Or alternatively you could enter a 'limit' order which specifies a price at which you would sell. If your limit sell price is lower than the best buy price, you are essentially selling 'at market' and will sell at best buy price. Conversely, if you think the best buy price is too low, then you set a limit price higher than that and wait for buyers to bid up the item.

A bit of rambling but I think you get the point. Bids and offers should be shown though buyer/seller identity should be anonymous.

Just my 2 cents. I like the thoughts by op though. 

19. Support! As long as the mithril part is removed. We are trying to bring pvp back and making mith obtainable by other methods than pvp would only hurt it that much more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.