War - A Topic We Can All Agree On 

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Imitation-Cheese, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Vietnam was a sad Police Action that hurt many US veterans. A war of political beliefs that was not won n the those that served suffered n the peace loving Vietnamese ppl's as well. Paranoia ruled that day as did the Cold War. Power n politics once again struck n ppl were found stuck in the middle with no choice.
    People always end up paying the price not nations or govts.

A Utopian dream of mine is all the time n money spent on killing eg the War Machine could solve a lot more social ills n problems.
    That said that goes against humankind's historic nature n only a fools dream.

2. Bully the WeAK lmao and crush all who rise to oppose. Simple logic with definitive results.

3. For KaW yes lol

4. Q: is it fundamentally wrong for individuals to capitalize n make millions on anything that kills ppl.

Think on this a moment...
    Asbestos kills n class action suits arose.
    That is an example of a non-war case.

5. Yeah just saying shia muslims have "stepped up" and fight IS

6. Way I look at it... Military helped me in many ways grow to be a man, but things that I had to do have caused peoblems in my relationships, jobs, etc. Strains on marriages, violence, and not being able to hold a job for long as I @make people feel threatened". None of this would be an issue if I hadn't deployed. So, I think during peace time if a kid has anger or authority issues, army is a good way to go and get fixed for the better. With school funding, structure and dedication it makes a good man out of many. My here are always those who join because they want to legally kill people.... Which is sad but reality. Military is a completely different lifestyle and world from civ world. Everyone has their own experiences. I think a draft is needs at times but glad we don't have one. By being a completely voluntary service, I tend to feel more trusting of the people with me. War is war. War is reality for half this world at the moment. Americans have it good and I feel we stick our privates into dirt not needed to be humped. But it's not my job to question that. I just go to work.

7. According to the Qur'an there should just be muslim not Shia or Sunni.(as far as I know)

8. Well its too bad war exists on the levels it does. Its big biz for the few whilst ppl die.
    The immoralities or need of war is money for some n grief to many. I feel for the Kuwaiti ppl living on top of oil. Gave them a better life at the cost of invasion. Economics dictated action by some or if no oil prolly no action.

Logical Oil agenda over ppl..money money
    No oil in Kuwait it never happens.

Try a test on a few friends...
    See if they can point out Kuwait on a map
    or the Ukraine
    or Afghanistan
    The results will say it all in a nutshell

9. Watch the movie Charlie Wilson's War

10. Support zrek for once

11. When it comes to the military, I'm heavily conservative. I support crushing terrorist organizations and the likes. I support major military spending. Now if only we could invade North Korea...

12. The world ignored a tyrannical organization once,and look What happened there, we can never be complacent, some ppl don't like that, they would rather sit down and talk rather than take action,so you guys go and sit down with Isis I'm sure they will accomadate you with tea and biscuits and an insightful discussion about there goals, and while u sit there and there thinking of ways to use your head as a door stop our men and women are hunting them down risking their own lifes in persuit of your and their own freedom

13. In ww2 the allies were trying to bomb a German sub base, the Germans had built it very strong and the allies couldn't bomb it. At that time Winston Churchill decided to bomb the whole town to cut off supply to base. That town ended up decimated.

The point is we don't conduct war like that anymore. I argue that if we did a lot of these terrorist wouldn't be able to sustain themselves.

14. The world has two major threats at the moment, and it hasn't been this dangerous for 20 years.

Threat #1 and the deadliest I believe is russia, the behaviour mimics germanies pre ww2 behaviours, pushing boundaries because he knows Europe isn't up to it (no kidding yourselves, Europe is NOT up for a war with Russia) it would bankrupt Europe, even if we won which I can't see without American aid and a lot of it. There is also the possibility of a china / Russian alliance.. Though that's probably a bit more far fetched, the possibility is still there.

Threat #2 ofcourse is ISIS. They are dangerous, and they are spreading. Unfortunately they can't be simply wiped out, a war of attrition is the only way to go, but you would have to litterally starve the occupants of the area they control too. Mean yes, probably morally wrong too, but the only way I can see it happening. The only thing bombing them is doing is wasting our money.

The Russian threat needs dealing with first, I'm sorry but 5k NATO troops will mean nothing I Putin, it may even insult him. The way to do it is to put 200K troops on the Russian border and tell him to get the hell back in his country.

... Or could just assassinate him

15. How does a show of force thumping chests on the Ukraine border settle the matter?
    1st action is FULL trade embargoes n make Putin sweat it out.
    Then in the meantime reinforce alliances n cease being at odds over other issues n save time n money.
    A show of force of that nature is a dangerous game n I see no winners or logic to support it.
    Unless u r prepared for WW III that is.

16. If it comes to open war, in a one on one USA would crush Russia. They aren't the super power they were 30 years ago. They just have nukes. But, if Russia teamed up with a few other countries and the US got its friends involved Russia would win.