future event to help fight breast cancer idea

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by High_five_ghost, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Sup forums so ive been thinking about this for a few hours now and I'm sure you all know how deadly breast cancer is so I hope this future event idea I have can make a huge differenc in woman's life's.

The concept: the whole point of this thread is to help woman everywhere who have breast Cancer live another day so basically whenever breast cancer awareness month rolls upon us we do a event for the whole month of the awareness. During this event seals and horns are 25% off and each purchase made on nobs goes to a global event goal and the research center will get a cut of the profit to help further find cures. When you make your first purchase you get an achievement for helping fight breast cancer and if we make our global event total each player who contributed will get: 36 xtals,3 seals, global achievement and a exclusive piece of equipment. When you make your first purchase you also get a pink name for the rest of the month to honour those who are fighting and those who have won the fight..I know together as a community we could stop breast cancer 

2. That or keep prices the same and give 50% of proceeds to the cause. No need for rare equipment for spenders it should be enough that we are fighting cancer.

3. Well still working out kinks but I appreciate feed back :)

4. While your heart is in the right place, it would take a lot of time for ATA to do that, and ATA probably won't go for it since we have already had two events like this.

5. If the devs have a heart they would but first sign of money they do anything lol

6. While I support what your saying, that is ridiculous. If that was the stick people are measured by then NO ONE would have a heart.

7. An entire month without any income? That sounds pretty tough to me. Devs can't just give all their money away, it is a business. They've always done this kind of stuff for a weekend and I believe they should do the same here

8. Frankly, ATA is a buisness, and they need to do things for their best interest. If they donated all their money to cancer there wouldn't be a game for all of us to play now would there?

9. Wow, I didn't even read to the end... 36 xtals and 3 seals?! That's just ridiculous. The badge was all they offered in previous ones.

10. Hey I said 50% of cuts devs still make there dirty money

11. No they don't. :lol:

12. Ok I rag on devs loads when they get it wrong.
    But this would put them out of business.
    It's great when they support a charity but the reality is this.
    If you want to donate to a cancer charity, awesome please do so.
    Don't ask for something in return for it other than a potential cure. It demeans the idea of a donation to help others.
    Do you walk into McDonald's and ask for a cheeseburger and tell them to give half the money to charity?
    No you put loose change in the charity box next to the till.

Another note. Women and breast cancer. Yes huge issue. But men get breast cancer too.
    Not as often but they do.
    If you want to champion a cause, how about making it one that deals with all cancers not just a select one. Cancer is not picky with who it kills. We equally must strive to be able to treat all types of cancers as medical advances keep coming forward.

13. Cancer? Sorry, I'm a Taurus

14. They could just create a donation button that allows you to give specified amounts ($1, $5, $10, etc). Why do some people feel like they need to be rewarded for charity? 

15. What abt testicular cancer. Lance armstrong showed he can grow balls again and lie to the world only to lose them again.

16. Why Brest cancer? Why not donate for research into cancer in general....

17. This is a 9 plus game n lets keep it that way

18. Support I like the pink name idea too

19. Every organization in the world is in the bandwagon to support breast cancer. There are enough funds going to that cause. Come up with something original that really needs support and is being neglected.

20. What on earth does that have to do with breast cancer?