NEED HELP! Java computer programmers needed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Please_Respect_Tables, Feb 24, 2015.

1. A. Create an application named ArithmeticMethods whose main() method holds two integer variables. Assign values to the variables. In turn, pass each value to methods named displayNumberPlus10(), displayNumberPlus100(), and displayNumberPlus1000(). Create each method to perform the task its name implies. Save as ArithmeticMethods.java

B. Modify the ArithmeticMethods class to accept the values of the two integers from a user at the keyboard. Save file as ArithmeticMethods2.java

How would I write this? :3 just started a programming course. This noob needs help. Pretty sure this is child's play to you experienced programmers.

2. Pretty sure if you just started a course then you should be getting taught this, not just given it with no teaching beforehand.

1. Pay attention in class
    2. People aren't here to do your work for you.

3. Google is your friend

4. Why not post all your work for us to do? That makes sense... Work smart not hard right?

5.  give me answer please so I can learn from it.

6. Lol this is basic stuff, and the good thing is once you learn Java it's very easy to learn other languages. I can help you figure it out however I will not do it for you, follow me and I'll PM you.

7. Give me money please so I can spend it

8. Of course it's basic.....I just started....

9. But when you spend money you lose it. When you learn something, you gain something C: so give me answer so I can learn from it. I actually have an idea how to do this just need clarification.

10. Google is my only friend 

11. Post your idea then.

Good book to start with 

12. Wait till you get into C++ , linux, visualbasic.net just study hard and pay attention to the professor.

13. I know C++ and HTML but not Java, sorry bud. :(

14. This is what I got so far. not sure if right though. no errors when I compiled this....

public class ArithmeticMethods
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    int firstNumber = 30;
    int secondNumber = 42;
    }

public static void displayNumberPlus10()
    {

}
    public static void displayNumberPlus100()
    {

}
    public static void displayNumberPlus1000()
    {

}
    }

Not sure if right and I know I'm not finished yet.....HELP!!!

15. I can give you the code...
    What kind of variable are we storing in?
    What will the variable he called upon with?

16. @magic instructions in opening post.

Integer variable
    displayNumberPlus10 method
    displayNumberPlus100 method displayNumberPlus1000 method

17. I'll write it for you if I have time tomorrow... in the mean time try a real tech forum for a quick response. PM me if you don't know the appropriate Java forum.

18. So you want a 3 independent functions called inside a function and you want a variable called from the outside function to the inside ones?

19. ?