America and lethal injection. Disciss

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Hello forums, and in particular, hello to my bombastic southern neighbors. Today I want to discuss something I read about lethal injection in America. There are so many different directions this topic can take, and regardless of what I do/say, you'll go there anyway. 

I'll start b saying that as a polite Canadian, I'm Not sure where I stand on the topic of the death penalty, so I won't make judgements today. I will, however, throw rocks at what I find to be silly semantics in the way this process is carried out.

Here is what I read

The condemned is hooked up to a machine that automatically dispenses a series of nasty drugs that are hard to get ahold of but should hopefully end the life of the person on the table. Sometimes this malfunctions, but its usually pretty "good".

My Questions are as follows......
    Why use a stupid machine?
    Why use stupid drugs that can horribly backfire?

This would he better. Why not have a doctor administer anesthesia that knocks out the person (this is done all the time in surgery) then administer even more anesthesia until the heart stops?

Agree or disagree, my suggestion is both practice and painless.

Now, Some of you will say that doctors take a hippopotamus oath to "do no harm" and that oath can't be violated. However, know that abortions are done on a daily basis, and if you believe that a person inside the womb isn't a person (debate for a different thread please) then we can go to the other end of the spectrum and talk about how euthanasia is legal in Washington state.

Even if you can't get past the whole "doctors do no harm" thing, it should he easy to train a guy/gap to do this and simply call them a "federal executioner".

I guess, at the end of the day it seems silly to say, "no one wants to be responsible for taking a persons life. Bob, hook spike up that machine that will take his life."

Its silly. If you're supportive of the death penalty, them own it. Do it, and do it properly. Anyhow, just my moosey 2 cents worth.

Thoughts?

2. I think Lethal injection is a waste of time. bring back the gallows or the guillotine. leave no margin for error

3. Gallows can backfire, but lopping off a head is indeed very very effective. The French did this well Into the 1970s

4. I agree with Karma

5. Support

6. I agree with Bob agreeing with karma... if you don't have a head its kind of hard to live.

7. I support head lopping 

8. I personally think there should be no death penalty. However, if there is it should be done as quickly and painlessly as possible. The current method brings massive pain to the person who is to die. Decapitation, anesthesia, that's the best way to do the job in my opinion.

9. Who would not is the real question.

10. The Loppee

11. Bullet through the cranium works too.

Line them up. Fire from one side.

Or,

Army live targets.

12. Line them up near a ditch and let the firing squad take care of it. That or beheading. If we go with beheading the command must be given by the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland.

13. Support. But to erradicate wrong accusation keep em on death row 5 yrs. If still guilty of IT goes.

Imo bullet would also do. Top head down trough center aiming to go trough spine. Shouldnt hurt too much but imo - if sentenced to death its not for parking tickets. I think the sentenced should go off same way he was sentenced for - especially murderers, killers and terrorists (i hereby volunteer to press the button to detonate the last subject).
    Rapists - if sentenced to death for their act should be on the row for 10 yrs as relieve for the rest of em.

14. Without reading it all, I say the death penalty should be a punishment for extremely heinous crimes (ex. BTK, repeat murder, etc.) but should only be allowed by supreme federal court.

15. A bullet to the head is much cheaper, if we are executing someone, why spend millions per injection, when we can buy a box of hollow points for much cheaper.

16. Anyone else notice title says disciss?

17. I noticed and my eyes are now bleeding!

18. I have to say I like the old fire rang style.... but manly use that for the worst of worst

19. because we have enough wusses in society that even when allow for killing we have to do it "humanely." I personally think the firing squad is much better, still provides a sense of ambiguity into who actually killed the person, and gets the job done.