Moderator Request.

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by IlDIlAIIRlIKIlNIlEIlSllSIl, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Idk if the devs have thought about this but we need mods fluent in all variety of languages. Especially Arabic and less known/fluently spoken languages dedicated to those KaWers that think they can get away with stuff. Many use things like Google translate so they can post something in World Chat as a way to bypass being Arabic is off structured anyway the censor would not be able to pick up the content of the message. (Unless the devs have modified the censors to pick up foreign languages) but I advise the devs to recruit mods fluent or that have a slight education in Arabic, Spanish, German and Chinese. I personally have edu in Arabic but not quite fluent. But just an idea/recomendation . If any mods have any questions about any Arabic used just pm the message and will translate 

2. That would be ideal, but most people are not fluent in many languages, much less the amount of people who apply to be a moderator on a game. Also, World Chat and most other conversations are in English, with an odd foreign phrase here and there. So it's not really practical, but would work out great if it actually worked.

3. Yeah, that's sometimes the problem in wc and cc... And sometimes, instead of searching another language they put spaces to those words which is effective... That's another problem though..

4. Well I am just saying this straying from English. I just see other languages being used a lot lately and also very insulting things being posted. Including the current Isis issue and have seen many times where ppl find it funny to post IS's support motto in WC/banners and it has me really offended and it is against ToU. But most mods can't really translate it so most don't know. But like I said to any mod just pm me anytime you need anything translated. Don't use Google translate it is not accurate.

5. Well, if most mods can't translate it, most other players won't either. People are silenced because this is a 9plus game, but if no one understands the post anyway, no one is hurt by it except for the few who can read it for what it is. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but to go through the time to find new mods who can speak Arabic would not be worth it.

Good concept thought

6. SS and email to support

Support@athinkingape.com

Include
    Game name:
    Screen name:
    Reason for report:
    And please send them a screenshot and make it easy.

Not everyone is a mod but it's everyone's responsibility to report people like this. Also I wouldn't mind a wall. ISIS isn't just a problem for the Americans like a lot of them think. They are causing trouble world wide.

7. Falling Blade and Stitch both have the right idea. I wish we could have a mod fluent in all languages present in-game, but it's easier said than done. Finding players wanting to be mod that speak these languages is extremely hard, and most of the time the posts don't pose a threat. If you're ever unsure about a post and you feel it might be a bypass, you can always email it to support@athinkingape.com .

8. Well you have to realize KaW is suppose to follow its own ToU and the bilingual idea would be worth it to prevent future problems. And I would fill out the mod form if it meant I could help Ata monitor the language spoken in its game.

9. The majority of the game's players are either from the US, Canada, or the UK, so there is no need for this.

10. And like I said all a mod has to do is pm me when unsure what a person is saying and I'd gladly translate.

11. As someone who speaks multiple languages, I have seen many such bypasses occur, and nothing can be done as moderators all speak English and nothing else it seems. Like who can decipher Apocs gibberish insults? I can cuz I've been getting mouthfuls of it for like month now. But moderators can't, so I agree that we have some multiple language moderators added to the team

12. All it takes is for you to apply.they are always looking for bilingual players to mod. And there are alot if the mods that do speak multiple languages, not just English

13. How exactly is that motto against ToU? You want to be the Translator but yet you say your not fluent, how would anyone know you translated correctly? Is this basically cause you got offended now you wanna rat on everyone, be glad this a game cuz snitches get stitches

14. Also worth noting that within the mod team we do also have many well known dialects/widely used languages covered for modding purposes.

In the same way you use google translate to go from english into a language, we can do the same in reverse.

15. We just got new garbage ass filters that keep us from saying what we want.

We dont need more mods to silence us.

On a side note, Not that I support Isis, but is it really against ToU to have an Isis support banner?

16. If you seriously get offended by posts on a Tap tap game by a complete random person, you need to get off this game and grow some thicker skin.

17. You realise the moderator application form does ask if you speak other languages right?

18. 1. The filter is the same
    2. It states in the ToU that you may not terrorist groups against the USA (I'll post later)
    3. And to OP, like someone said on the first page: if you see something abusive in arab you can take a screenshot and send it with translation to support@athinkingape.com