Opt-in for Stealable Drops in next PvP Event

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Ashvar, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Hi fellow KaWers,

As this new PvP event comes to an end I must say that it has been fun. I really like the hitting, stealing, banter, late nights ["Are you OK, honey? You look like you have not slept much" "grumble... grumble... damned DTW sword holder..."]

However

I miss the part about stealing the shards from other opponents like we did in the previous event. Now, I know that the Kawmmunity is of a mixed feeling about this. I was wondering if it may be interesting to some to opt-in and make a spell available that would make your own drops stealable.

Ash :roll: , some of you are saying, being smacked around during PvP has obviously taken a toll on your reasoning.

Yes, but that's not the point.

We would need an incentive for people to cast what I would envision as the Beserker Spell (bear skin and all Devs).

So, we cast a free Beserker Spell and for say 12 hours minimum our drops become stealable by those who hit us.
    BUT
    Those who cast the Beserker Spell also get an increase in the percentage of their own drops - say 33% more? Or some such.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think the limited time on the spell would allow for greater strategic thinking without locking in a player for the duration of the event. We would get greater 'mobility' in the event leaderboards and - since this is a business - probably increase Xtal consumption.

So anyways, feel free to throw in ideas, comments, amendments and the like.

2. Here's a brilliant idea.

Devs make next pvp event with many milestones and a top 100 leaderboard.

The event will have several milestones, you can lose your shards/favors at a rate similar to first pvp event.

However, once you hit a milestone your shards/favors cannot drop below that value.

That way players have obtainable "daily" goals which will allow them to sleep afterwards without losing everything but stops people from just opening as an osf/oaf like in this event.

Just a thought.

3. . Support would make pvp event more interesting

4. The only issue I can see with the milestones is the same issue in this event- is that once somebody hits a certain reward tier they can essentially quit the rest of the event.

Maybe make these milestones spells of a sort that expire after a day or two, requiring at least some activity to maintain position.

5. That's why I want milestones bigger, and lots of them.

The milestones in this event are pathetically low

6. Agreed, it shouldn't take under a day to hit the top collection tier :lol:

7. Here is a thought. Most people complained about having shards stripped.
    For the ever age player it made progress impossible and turned many off the event.

Making the objects steal-able is the worst thing that can happen for every player that cannot kaw 24/7 or is not a bot.

Targets yes. And I would say that.
    The ability to destroy another players progress already exists by pinning them.
    Stealing the item just destroys the desire for most to participate.
    The first event ended a shambles with people giving up due to being stripped of shards. No reason to add that to future events

8. These are the best parameters I've heard for a PvP event. You and OP are right and I've been saying it. If you don't have anything to lose it's just a treasure hunt. This would bring it closer to true PvP.

9. Actually I good idea

10. Some interesting ideas in here and while I can't promise they'll make their way into any future iterations of this event I'll be definitely sharing them with the development team.

When coming up with this version of PvP event we debated as well whether stealing was a necessary component. Most people were immensely frustrated to have their own hard work taken away, but were also very happy to steam from others.

11. Or maybe even have a paid spell called astral lock. And for a hour it prevents steals of favors or shards. Winning a war would also provide Astral lock...

12. Agree...having in mind that i started late the event and stopped at 1000 mark....but first pvp event i tryed to get top positions from first day to last...stealing to tops or other players was more funny...because you had to take care about what you got...i lost more than 500 shards last hour in the event...but as i said in one thread about it i enjoyed a lot.this time is funny but more relaxing than the other.anyway the pvp events are a good idea.i suggest to devs too that they should put some good drop out of tops as they did in feathers promo.players would kill to get it...good job to all players in pvp and pve

13. Thanks to all contributors - I very much like the idea of milestones BTW.

Let's keep at it and make it happen.

14. Instead of "steaming" shards wrap in bacon and bake at 325F for 20 min. Delicious 

15. Thank you for replying.

16. The shard event was broken just as bad as the PvP plunder system and this event was even worse. How about an event or PvP system where what you earn and what the player loses is the same? At least you lost something when someone stole from you in the shard event. Now we have this event where you do not lose any favours at all when hit. I feel like this took away all the excitement that came with the shard event. What is next? Cast a spell so people do not lose gold when hit? Then the devs can change the name from Kingdoms at War to Hippies Holding Hands in Peace.

17. This would be awesome Troll... With the addition of tighter hit ranges
    I don't enjoy getting pounced by 45 mil cs builds though I'm not saying I didn't attack smaller builds for easy favors at times
    Just saying tighter hit ranges would make it more fun and once again great idea

18. I loved the last pvp event it was damn fun! But i do agree have milestones you hit\keep reward.

stealable drops was much more fun!

19. Sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding here. The stealable choice would be an opt-in feature. You would have to cast to make your shard stealable. Whether they would be stealable only by others with the spell cast or by the whole community we can argue about, but the idea is to create a bit more chaos and more strategic thinking.

When you cast your drops are stealable but you get the benefit of increased drops. You combine this with Troll's idea of milestones and you can actually foresee some strategic thinking taking place.

20. They need to set up hit ranges however the issue with this is that the devs would need to find a way to incorporate bfe and bfa without making it so that builds stacked with allies and equipment have a bigger advantage over those in the same range who are more cs built.