Future of PVP events

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Rikkimaru, Feb 11, 2015.

1. So I've just been thinking of the current and past PVP event.

Now first one was said to be too long. True, but it put everyone in the firing line, many didn't like that, so the opt out spell appeared.

Now this current one has an opt in spell, and an adjusted battle list to count for it which the previous didn't.

Now that, that's out of the way here's something I see done on other games which made PVP a bigger part of the game.

PVP weekends!!

What the devs could do is have the opt in spell available for the length of the weekend (no matter when casting they all expire at events end)

Now you will want rewards for participating, this is simple they have rewards here already, they could literally take the collection items and have an exchange rate for mith, and maybe add a bonus PVP plunder spell for two days after the PVP weekend.

Sorting this won't be that difficult, it would also give people who don't have time all day every day to participate and have a chance of actually winning something out of their effort.

Now if anyone has anything to add or even change please do write what you'd change.

2. This is an awesome idea, totally support it. It'll give more people a taste of pvp without overly immersing them in it and scaring them away.

3. they need to fix the pwar thing. but support.

4. When I created a thread long back I explained a shop idea pretty much like that rikk, but I woul suggest adding more items like seals n xtrals. I'll edit this post with it along with another other ideas I'll like.

Event shop

The event items gained with in the game are converted to war gold at the end, which can be spent on a number of different items within the shop. Prices are just to give a example

Xtral : 10,000 war gold
    Nobility : 1,000 war gold
    Inferno : 5,000 war gold
    Aqua : 10,000 war gold
    Seal : 50,000 war gold
    Horn : 15,000 war gold
    100 of each pot : 1,000 war gold

Clan rewards

Another idea is to have clan rewards for the clan with the biggest amount collected. Either the top 3-10 clans will get rewards. Anything from a badge to give increased stats to a different set of equipment rewards

Announcement of the event.

This is one of a must I have for the events that kaw runs. Id like to see some sort of announcement for upcoming events. Stating a new event and giving the time that the event will start with some sort of background story to make it interesting.

I've seen this in a different game and encourages people to get started in events, basically people can sign up to a event before it starts and will be opted into the event as soon it starts. Yielding possibly a head start as well with a extra event items or a xtral to help get people started.

Rewards systems for different size players.

Basically a reward system that groups different size accounts together 1-500k, 500k-2mil, 2mil-5mil and so on. Because of splitting the accounts into different tiers the top LB will have to be reduced to Top, 250, 50, 5 along with a overall top 10.

Automatic update LB

Basically a system within the game that will update the LB every hour or so without the need of forums or input from devs needed to put effort into updating the LB themselves

Some of you may remember it, but weirdly the whole thread got deleted :cry:

5. We were just discussing this in cc, and I've heard complaints that the event is too long, well 2 day blitz sounds like some chaos.

6. Yeah I do admit the event was too long, it does need to be a weekend / 1 week event

7. It's crystal. Wtf is a xtral?

8. I tried to be cool and use the lingo all the cool kids use. But I guess the corner is where a woifie belongs :( :p

9. What the events really need is set tiers of targets. Not to be set on just too spenders.
    That way everyone can judge activity or expenditure to achieve targets that suit them.
    The rewards for hitting need to be at a set rate for all. 1 shard leaf whatever for one attack, steal or assa. That way everyone is set to a certain level of actions to attain goals that should be hard to attain but possible without having to spend silly money buying the rewards.
    Set equal rewards per action, set targets. More interest in the event.

10. Some players will need a reward for scout bombing I've noticed this event 

11. Completely agree with you there, attainable numbers would be great, top 1000 yeah that's all well and good but the top number for just collecting leaves a lot to be desired.

The feather event had the best balance, attainable numbers to get good rewards. While the top 1000 got slightly better rewards. Which I believe was the best course in handing out rewards, because you get those slightly under the top 1000 but lose out on a metaphorical canyon in difference in rewards.

12. Support...

It would also be nice to see mith payouts along with the standard aqua/inferno..
    Also have payouts based on how many different targets you hit.. Like a headhunter award or something..

Another fun thing to see added would be one week out of every month be set aside for a PVP event... I love the idea of Kaw Purge..

Great ideas on here..️

13. Support, good idea but devs will never do it because they don't like using the communities ideas. :(

14. I'd like to. See nobility appear as a reward for PvE events and mith for PvP events

15. Great idea

16. Vital don't you remember when you suggested on that certien thread about opting in by casting the sign of vital 

I'm pretty sure that thread was the main idea that devs used for the first pvp event as most of the ideas that was suggested in it was used.

17. I like the idea of a regularly scheduled "opt in-pvp week end". It even sounds catchy.

Possibly a reward system that has its own currency for eq/items that grant bonues only while the opt in option is it active. And new achievements, tons of possibilities.

Just being able to participate as an individual appeals to me.

18. Support, my question is, why does everything have to have equipment? If you want equipment, hit equip ebs. If you want money, make it worth while! The way it is now you HAVE to hit ebs to restock pots. Increase plunder in the pvp aspect to be equal or close to equal to the eb of your size! Just another thought!