Kanye West, Creed, and the downfall of music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jayde, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Coldplay? 

2. Kanye knows that controversy sells ..Call him an idiot all you want but as long as his name is in the media his next album will sell millions, and concerts will always be sold out

Personally, I don't listen to the guy though, and I don't care for award shows ..But everyone knows that if you grab attention at award shows you'll get more listeners...Either good or bad, some new person will check your music out

3. I know better than to disagree with Jayde about anything related to music, but im gonna do it anyway because im a glutton for pain 

So, i think youre being a bit too nostalgic here. I dont think there has ever been a time when music was as pure as youre painting it. Sure, its more "in your face" and painfully obvious now, but do you reqlly think its because we are lacking talent or do you think the proliferation of social media has given common, everyday people the ability to share their opinions with audiences they would never have dreamed of reaching ten years ago?

I think the music industry today is no worse or better than it was 50 years ago. We just hear about it more now because there are more outlets for people to be heard.

4. Kanye once gave his award to Lil Wayne saying he deserved it. He's not greedy, he just needs to have what he believes is right.

5. A couple new talented "true" artists by your measure, Jayde, are

Carrie Underwood
    Brad Paisley
    Eminem
    Adele

6. No, I don't think I'm being nostalgic.

I think we live in a very visual era, with the internet and so many ways to access the media. It's 24/7 now. So what matters the most to record labels when they sign an artist? Is it their talent, or their look?

Completely different era. It's all about the look, and the "talent" can be compensated for and altered.

That's all you're getting from me, Cheese, I'm not biting!

7. Hi Jayde 

8. No, but youre right. Which is exactly why Adele's success was such a surprise to me. Shes a big girl. But she does have a pretty face.

9. There are always exceptions, for the extraordinary.

10. [​IMG]

The Biebs writes his own songs! The future of music.

11. Ew. This is a Bieber-less thread, aight?

12. BIEBER less? Impossible!

[​IMG]

13. Prefer 1D Jayde? I can adapt!

[​IMG]

14. Frog stopped liking Justin Bieber as much when he started looking like an adult. Her prefers little boy bieber

15. You know why you don't like today's music? 'Cause your old. Time to get the walker out. Are you seriously comparing Beyoncé to some gay HIV dude from the seventies? So he wrote his crap all by himself, big deal. Give him a medal and be done with it. Bohemian sucks anyways. The Muppets did a better version than he did. Led Zep was the only decent act to come out of the seventies.

16. Everyone knows kanye is a gay fish just like Kim is a well er What is she?

17. I just saw the post on previous page (not paying attention which page),kanye gives his award to lil Wayne? I always thought lil Wayne was spike from the first gremlin movie... sure look the same.

18. Babymetal should have been nominated!

[​IMG]