Kanye West, Creed, and the downfall of music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jayde, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Just wow. Not sure Kanye even knows anything about true artistry.they just need to quit inviting him to any kind of award ceremony. Props to an actual artist getting awarded instead of someone like Kanye. I didn't watch the Grammys but read this thread then watched a clip of the interruption and his rant. Bunch of fools.

Although it's a lot rarer these days, I'm a big fan of people or groups that can write and produce their own music. At the end of the day I like seeing the station to a decent alt. rock and just listening.

2. Kanye West is a recovering gay fish leave him alone.

3. ^South Park reference btw.

4. Kanye west is gay, Kim is too

5. A 100% agree on this one OP. Even tho I am a rap/hiphop fan, I agree that music went downhill. Kanye West is a disgrace for humanity imo. But he isn't the only one, hell no. Most raps songs these days are about screwing girls and making money. Also girls like Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus remind us why men see girls as sex objects and nothing more. I am below the age of 20 and I am disgusted by this music, it most certaunly isn't a generation issue.

6. Refreshing to read this, coming from someone young. Now to teach your peers the same... :)

Acetown, exactly what you said.

7. Kanye used to be amazing but he's obviously went down hill on his lyrical side.

And you mean you can't stand today's mainstream music* there are a LOT of amazing artists that aren't even noticed.

8. My reckoning is that anything in the top 40 should be instantly thrown in the trash, along with the remix's at that. Rap should just be strapped to a rocket and blasted off towards the sun.

It's gotten to the point of electronic enhancement of a given artist's voice is so common you can't even tell if it's a fake voice anymore.

That is until you go and see then live... You can pretty much tell how horrible they sound live.

Yes I am one of those death metal / dubstep fans. But I completely blame it on modern music, if the music that we see in the top 40 was anything like Freddie or all of the other great bands, like kiss, Europe, Duran Duran. It would be a entirely different story for me.

But since I find all modern music a crime against my ears with very few exceptions, I'll keep to my, as you call it. eat bleed, loud noises.

9. Wrong woifie, they have voice changers live too

10. Good lord Kanye is a attention freak.

11. Well that's just blown my failth in the music industry now.

Seriously they must wonder why the classics like Led zep, acdc, queen and all the other bands come around time and time again, and yet, what is produced today will be forgotten about with in a week to a month

12. I prefer anything I like. Right now I like Uptown Funk,
    And Far Away by Jose Gonzalez.

14. you do realise you are agreeing to me?

15. And... now I have Killer Queen in my head. Awkward.

16. guaranteed to blow your mind

17. I didn't know people still actually listened to kanye.

House and EDM is where it at.

18. [​IMG]

19. The last kanye song and maybe the only song was (blackmen) in Paris. Which is what, 4 years old? All he's known for is being with Kim k. All Kim k is known for is her ass