Strips: Gold taken from steals

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Davey_Jones, Feb 6, 2015.

1. STRIP CALCULATIONS

The calculations for gold lost from steals can be calculated using an exponential decay formula where:

Rate: 0.0009 this number varies player to player, it is just the rate I selected as an average

Leaderboard players and players significantly bigger than the one being stolen will take more gold. Players smaller than the player being stripped will take less. The rate fluctuates player to player but I will assume an average value.

This average value is depicted below in a sample calculation:

A: gold stripped
    B: gold remaining
    X: number of successful steals

The function for this is as follows:

For ease of use I will post several "milestone" amounts of steals to clear a percentage of gold. For safety include an error range of about 5%, to account for different sized players hitting the target. So these milestones will give you more of a possible range of gold taken rather than the exact amount.

The rate can be anywhere from 0.0008 to 0.003 depending on players size, I just chose one of the more common middle grounds.

1% gold taken: 11 steals

5% gold taken: 57 steals

10% gold taken: 117 steals

15% gold taken: 181 steals

20% gold taken: 248 steals

25% gold taken: 320 steals

30% gold taken: 396 steals

35% gold taken: 478 steals

40% gold taken: 567 steals

45% gold taken: 664 steals

50% gold taken: 770 steals

55% gold taken: 887 steals

60% gold taken: 1018 steals

65% gold taken: 1166 steals

70% gold taken: 1337 steals

75% gold taken: 1540 steals

80% gold taken: 1787 steals

85% gold taken: 2107 steals

90% gold taken: 2557 steals

95% gold taken: 3327 steals

97.5% gold taken: 4097 steals

99% gold taken: 5115 steals

99.5% gold taken: 5884 steals

99.75% gold taken: 6654 steals

99.9% gold taken: 7672 steals

After this point the formula becomes inaccurate because it will take the remaining gold just after 8,000 steals. I hope these numbers help you calculate gold loss from strips.

I have a calculator which can be downloaded for calculations, however I do not have approval yet to post the link.

2. Good job troll

3. Gj nub

4. Good guide Troll bro 

To also note, steals are also affected by your size. Top 10 ally leaderboard for example, may do 4x-5x the damage (per HIT) towards taking gold - in comparison to a normal player who may have a 1x multiplier.

Player 1 takes 5b.

Player 2 on lb takes 25b Etc

5. nicely explained

6. Thanks troll ya maths geek ;P

7. Youve got a lot of spare time on your hands. Haha

Good guide though, good job

8. Very true chaos. But you can't accurately depict that on a guide. Therefore I assume to average the rate at approximately the same size as the player.

When it comes down to running thousands of steals, a couple very large leaderboard players increased rate will hardly make the numbers differentiate.

9. Would it not take more steals the more gold you have out?

For example say if it takes X number of steals to clear 5T.

Then if you strip someone of 25T it will take Y number of steals to get them down to 5T then another X number of steals to clear?

So 5T = X number of steals

25T X Y number of steals.

People say it takes the same amount because you are taking a constant % but surely if someone has 5T out it will always take X number of steals regardless of wether they stated at 100T out or 6T.

10. For large amounts of gold the amount of steals is the same assuming the players stealing are the same.

This guide is not exact, because the rate is slightly different based on WHO exactly is stealing, but will give you a good estimate.

11. Nice thread. Nerd.

12. Maybe you can elaborate further on this: if player a gets stripped 10 tril he's getting steals he now has only 1 tril left (poor player a).

Player b gets stripped 1 tril now they both have the same amount of gold out but player a needs less steals to clear the same amount?

13. Let's pick an arbitrary number of steals.

Let's say 500.

Player A: 10t out, takes 500 steals. He will have 6.37t remaining out.

Player B: 1t out, takes 500 steals. He will have 637b remaining out.

It is percentage based and with all factors the same, will take an equivalent number of steals to clean them both to zero gold. However player A will lose much more gold per steal than player B because of the quantity out.

14. Troll, whats the standard fb though? Is it still 18?

15. Correct assuming minimum spies lost per hit.

16. U guys should just ask Harb the mechanics. He's an expert. After losing 300t nobody knows better than poor old Harb when it comes to strip percentages.

17. ...and I'm in the part of kaw now that is wayy to complicated for meh :lol:

18. Skim hitting with the highest rank build can cut those amounts by a quarter.

19. It also depends on the viewpoint. According to strip targets, 3000 steals gets you 'thanks for the upgrade' whereas if you're stripped and take 100 steals you got 'wrecked'.

This is known as the Kaw theory of strip relativity 

20. Correct, but I am assuming relatively same sized accounts. You can offset lb factor by counting 1 bar from a top lb as multiple bars, same thing goes for accounting 1 bar + unholy aura as 1.5 bars.

Just makes calculating easier.