OSW PVP Opt-in Rage...

Discussion in 'Clans and Alliances' started by Il-FIX-Il-pEsTiLeNcE-Il-FIX-ll, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I have been enjoying the PVP event. Having fun tapping away on my BL and ignoring Ebs. However I have noticed a trend developing that has been bugging me.

I have noticed that some participants in the various OSW that are happening have decided to opt in to the event but for some reason think that they cannot be hit by people outside the OSW. Having noticed several friends get marked down on walls "for later" and also myself I thought I would table a discussion here :D

1) Since both sides have spent quite some time telling us in the forums that the other side doesn't hit them I would have thought that they would welcome the inc as a break from the boredom of watching nothing happen.

2) Many OSW veteran clans frequently bemoan the fact PVP is dead yet when some comes their way all of a sudden they get their panties in a bunch and start dishing out threats.

Now at some point "later" I will be dealt with apparently which sounds fun I enjoy tapping out broadsides with strangers I wonder if these OSW vets will handle the battles themselves or resort to putting all these outsiders in a CA?

Seems like all the things these clans have said count for nothing now. Although to be fair when I am "dealt with" if it is a one on one basis I will respect that totally and post an update here. No doubt that will be quite some time for now given the average length of an OSW.

I wonder what the forums thoughts are? Have you made it onto a wall for your actions (Bravo!)?

PS - Posted with my main :shock:

PPS - I have avoided stating which clan's member has me on their wall. I think the discussion is better in general terms rather than blaming a specific side. Plus I am not here to point fingers at individuals I was merely curious what everyones view were? :lol:

2. If they're in osw, pvp obviously isnt dead. People in osw dont need a break, if theres nothing happening we make something happen

You are welcome to hit anyone you want. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences after of who you chose to hit

3. I agree many of the ppl that cry about pvp being died do try threatening ppl when hit at least in my experience but so far this promo I've only made new friends and no enemy's 

4. Hmmmm if you choose to hit someone in Osw and they deal with you after osw that's their choice. Deal with it instead of running to forums .

It shouldn't need an event to make you hit outside your EB in the first place

5. This

6. This ^

Secondly,
    Putting on a wall isnt a threat. Its prioritizing.

A fairy would run an HTE before a WB. Our HTE is our OSW not some BL hit, although I welcome any and all hits. Just know return inc is not my first priority.

7. In reverse order:

I dont need a PVP event to hit players and not ebs. I have done a mix of both in my kawreer and its been my choice which and I have always enjoyed my kaw time. That said a PVP event is a much bigger pull towards that side of the game and in this case the hope was to find like minded individuals who just wanted to bash each other without drama (which for the most part I have found!)

I dont have a choice sometimes on hitting people in OSW I have seen myself refresh my battlelist multiple times and have the entire list full of OSW clan members. I dont have all day to infinitely refresh my battlelist so I decided to just hit everyone. I am not "running to the forums" I have already accepted what will happen will happen it just seemed strange to see this behaviour from champions of PVP. Especially when in some cases my actions could be helpful indirectly. I might drop a bar of attacks on someone who is a strip target thus saving them a loss.

8. They'll open for steals within 5min. You'll only cause more loss. You sir are a noob

9. Well this is an interesting read

10. I agree with some of this. Why opt in to an event if you don't wish to participate? Someone with a banner like "in osw hit me and you'll be a target afterwards" hit me first. It made me wonder what the point in his banner was if he's hitting people outside the osw in the first place 

11. I did not bother to account for every strip variable while placing ideas in my answer (who would?). Sure if the attacks were mid strip and that persons clan had not caught it and started assass pinning thats true. But better they lose off a few attacks and close for 5 mins than take possibly hundreds of steals in the same timeframe?

12. 5 minutes later their clan cant help.. At least 5 minutes open till they come out of assn dtw. I dont see how you attack pinning helps a clan figure out their member is stripped. If my target is over attacked ill wait 5min to unload steals

13. A more disturbing trend is seeing people I know were in the various OSWs dropping builds to do the PVP event in newb/reset ranges.

There are far too many kingdoms in the 4-6mcs range now with 10T allies and maxed skorpios/previous event equip

Ive even noticed skorpios equipment on a 1kcs kingdom

14. People in osw opt-in to hit others that have opted-in on the opposing sides. Doesn't make them more open to be hit than before. Would you have swung into their osw normally? No? Then people shouldn't start doing it now.

An event like this happens and everyone loses their minds and their respect and start doing a lot of things they wouldn't normally do under the justification of "for the event". You're welcome to rationalise it in such a way but don't be surprised when people who don't need an event to hit continue to come after you after it ends.

Far too many people forget their place and step out of line. They break cf or hit into osw and just generally act up because they think they can get away with it.

You can't. People take names. They hold grudges. And a lot of clans remember who to go after later. You choose to play KaW your way, and they choose to play it theirs. If you don't like how they handle their business, smarten up and avoid them.

15. If your running Attacks on someone who is stripped and making out you was hitting the bl not sure many would believe that story 

16. It would appear you are getting a little sidetracked over minor things and heading away from the main discussion point. Lets say random inc could not help in an uncaught strip and return to the main topic.

17. The main topic is quite well addressed by Ahdragos

18.  support this post well put !

19. @ Ahdragos a lot of these people in osw have been hitting me unprovoked and then don't want the inc. That's the part that I don't understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.