deflate gate. American grid iron talk

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, Jan 23, 2015.

1. I understand it's any given Sunday. But any professional sport institute needs to slam and punish cheating and breaking their rules. Otherwise they will prove themselves to be more of entertainment than outright sport and competition. Look at what happened to professional boxing. So many incidents over the years and the general public now just assumes everything is fixed because we know there is a history of it. You let teams get away with outright cheating in any sport than you might as well not believe anything in the sport.

Deflated balls are the exact equivalent of corked bats. They directly present an advantage for one Team. Sure someone still has to throw / catch and / or hit the ball. But when done by a professional is provides a clear and obvious advantage.

2. Not a bad example, but I think the WWE would be a better one 

3. Lets clear a few things up.

1. I don't care how great of a QB you are. You don't know the difference of a slight deflation of any of your balls in the rain, while holding it for a maximum of 4-5 seconds. Mind you, those 4-5 seconds aren't thinking "Hrmmm.... this ball feels a bit odd.

2. Please explain how two of the most known people went and deflated 11 balls, with millions of fans and hundreds of cameras and thousands upon thousands LOOKING for the Pats to screw up, without a single person noticing.

3. The Patriots supplied 24 footballs so less than half were deflated.

4. The balls were taken out at Halftime. Pre-Halftime, the game relied on L. Blount RUNNING the ball, not Bradys very few pass attempts. After Halftime, with perfectly inflated balls, Brady immediately went 9-9 for 147 yds and a pair of TDs without even seeming unnerved. That's not the actions of a man with a guilty mind.

5. It has also been reported by non-Patriot players/staff that the Patriots were playing with COLTS footballs during the first half bc the balls could not be found. Im sure that seems like when the balls were tampered with.

6. Bill is a genius. You cant deny it. The man thinks years past everyone else. He makes plays never even dreamed of yet. Hes arguably the best coach to ever coach. Do you honestly REALLY think, besides you idiotic biased Pats haters, that hes dumb enough to tell someone to go deflate some balls for Brady? If you think Brady or Bill were in on it, youre deluding yourself bc you hate the Pats so much.

The balls were deflated, yes. 11 out of 24* yes. We know they were tampered with but its obvious the people youre pointing fingers at had no idea. Get off the "Hate The Patriot' bandwagon and look at some facts NOT what the media is telling you.

Or are you people to blind to see anything outside of that?

4. Do I think the coach knew about this? I'll venture a guess and say "probably not"

Do I think Tom Brady knew? Absolutely.

So, I've heard people say that the deflated balls were replaced with regulation balls at the half. Great! So the pats only cheated for half the game. The forummer who compared deflated footballs to corked bats made a very apt comparison.

As for "how could Brady tell if the balls were deflated?" Gimme a break. He stated his ball preference is to have them be less inflated, just like Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs a bit more inflated.

So, since Brady stated he had a preference, one must assume he can tell when those preferences are met or not. If he couldn't tell, he wouldn't have a preference now would he?

I do find the fans who stand by the cheating to be fascinating. Its a testament to wanting your guy to "win at all costs".

The trophy is everything. Integrety is meaningless with these people.

Is the pats coach brilliant? Yep. He's one of the best coaches in the league. Is he a cheater? You bet! You can be both very very good and still be a cheater. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I find it interesting that pats fans don't mind being lied to by Brady. To me, that's the most surprising part. Cheat! Win! And if we get caught, lie to boot. Why not? Its worth it for the gloating rights.

5. As for deflating balls in front of millions of people, btw... That's easier than you may think. Brady doesn't need to do it. His flunky equipment manager that no one watches or cares about can do it, and doing it discretely is very very easy.

He could simply put a gauge in the ball to pretend he's checking the air pressure while in reality he's just letting out the air. Who would possibly know by watching?

Fans who say this isn't possible aren't being rational. Its very possible, and since the pats balls were illegally deflated, it obviously happened

6. I am a Cowboys fan and I am very fair when it comes to cheating for all others teams in my opinion. The pats coach cheated in the past by personally getting on other teams radio waves and reading their plays. Now Tom Brady is a good quaterback with a reputation that's been good. Now the NFL rule book states the only people to say if balls are deflated or not is the officials. They can call it anytime during the game. Officials handled the ball the entire time and not one noticed the under inflation. Why? According to NFL rule book after a game if ball are inflated or not is worthless. Only officials during a game have the ability to accuse teams of under inflation. Not one did. There fore Pats played fair as far as the rules are concerned. Now we can complain all we want but let's complain about when they test the balls not accuse people of deflating balls. For all we know it was a equipment crew person who deflated them with no one looking to get to the Superbowl.

7. Moose. You are literally going off what media is telling you. You are ready to stain someones entire career because you are either one of two things.

Envious of Patriots success despite how much constant hate they are given (They've been ranked 1st most hated team every year for the past decade. look it up.)

Or youre just to dumb to form your own opinions. You believe that the Patriots footballs just "disappeared', were altered, and then played with during a shitty first half performance? Really? And the Colts equipment manager just HAPPENED to notice the intercepted ball was a tad low so he left the sideline to go check the air pressure? Are you serious?

Americans are supposed to be the gullible ones. Guess youre hanging around too many biased Americans, eh?

8. Me bias? Sure. In sports we are all biAs, but the question is, can you still be rational while living with a bias. I think most of is can.

This year I selected the packers for my team, and is watched them lose in a painful way, but, I I know the loss was fair.

Indy cannot say the same.

You keep citing that the pats are the number 1 hated team in America, and I think you're right, But for reasons you don't expect.

My impression of Americans is that they like winners. I think most Americans also like excellence. America seeks to have a fiercely independent streak in its culture, and it values honor and fair play as well as doing good work.

So, if America values and respects excellence, why do they hate the pats? Because of the constant stream of scandlelous bull crap like this. Everyone hates cheaters, except for the people who benefit from the cheating.

Just come clean and admit, you don't care that they cheated because trolling is more fun than honor. YAY!

9. The real disconnect here is expecting dishonest people to value honesty. That's the bottom line, and it won't happen. We have a clash of morals/ethics here.

10. Moose v Eclipso

Tickets $20 adults
    $10 kids
    Pay in seals or nobs directly to me

11. The pats cheat, it completly obvious. If there your team, we get it, u don't care. But for the rest of us, your wins are tainted. Everyone bends the rules, the pats break em regularly. So go tell someone else how great they are, the rest of the league could care less. There day will come, probably Sunday.

12. trolling more fun than honor? this isn't an ethical debate :roll: its about whether they cheated or not. ALL evidence says no, even though all the press and opinions say yes. This is a story that was made to sell. All of you people thinking "The media is always right. Death to cheaters. Patriots are never going to be best ever because I don't like the mbecause they beat my team lul" are almost purely ignorant. Theres no evidence to anything except that balls were deflated for 30 min. If someone died in your house, does that mean you did it?

Pulling in American "independent streak" to make your argument seem more morally appealing to other forumers is also ridiculous. Are you American? You don't get to say jack **** about "what we think" or "what our morals are". Its people like you that makes the media so happy. They want attention so you give them it and you support it. And then you go and add a moral stamp as if the Patriots are below everyone else.

Get off forums "Mr. Mod"

k. thanks. bye.

13. Patriots*
    it's*
    completely*
    they're*
    you*
    Patriots*
    them*
    Their*

oh and our Super Bowl is next* Sunday ;)

14. Anyone who disagrees with me can tell me in my newsfeed. It's open 24/7. Please do come and enjoy.

15. Since when can't a polite Canadian make a commentary on how I perceive the American psyche??? How very strange.

According to you, "you MUST be an American to have any opinions on how Americans think. Observations he damned. Don't Have a green card? Take your opinions and go to hell."

I find your world view to be rather limiting

16. Think bill just came out with a very good press confrence just streamed it on pc very good

17. Let me guess....
    Bill "I had no idea. Were as honest as priests. Now, lets get ready for the big game"

18. I think that we Americans have our own views and opinions that we feel we know best. Such as if a American said that all Canadians love hockey and bacon. The media tells stories people want to hear. They often bend them one way or another, especially Fox News, to the beliefs of their viewers. Right now is when networks get there ratings judged for how much money to charge for ads. Better stories=better ratings=more money.

19. Actually Im one of those Americans that realize how screwed the US is because we care about what other people think.

So, however limiting, if you don't have a green card, take your opinions about our sport, and go cry over your government problem

20. Whoa.... I found a forumer with a brain