Muslim [Media] Talk

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KingKimKia, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anybody who uses the actions of a few to generalize an entire group of people is dumb.

However, is that not what I just did with that comment? :shock: :lol:

2. Almost, but no Sholron. If you had called people as a whole dumb for using the actions of a few to generalize the many, then yes.

3. Anybody with half a brain cell wouldnt judge all muslims by the actions of a few extremists ,and forget fox news or any news for that matter they dont say what the public think/feel they try to tell us what we should think or feel

4. Let's look at the definition of a terrorist:

a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

The definition of terrorism is:

the use of violence and threats to intimidateor coerce, especially for political purposes.

Notice how no where in the definition does it include anything about taking land from another people/nation

5. Violence and threats in order to coerce? Then what to you call using the Army to kick Native Tribes off their land and onto reservations in order to give more space to white settlers?

I'm not calling America a terrorist nation. But they can be jerks often times.

And don't call others stupid if your reasoning doesn't hold up.

6. Let's look at the definition of a intimidate:

frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants.

Let's look at the definition of a coerce:

persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.

The USA wanted the Native Americans to move out of their land. Sometimes they removed them by force or used means of intimidation.

They also used force or threats to get what they want. Which was for the natives to move out.

7. Or Ossia can restate what I said, but with a little extra sass. 

Both ways, I think you're well refuted.

8. Your post came during the process of me writing mine . My b! I can delete it if you want!

9. Nah, leave it. I like Yoda.

10. the crusades derpa derp

11. I agree with this. The media drives the narritives. The same way clerics and other leaders do in Muslim countries.

12. And I still don't understand why we are discussing natives Americans and Islamic terrorist/FoX news.

The people responsible for the native Americans condition are no longer with us. Now the responsibility falls natives to advance.

Since we are mixing natives with Islamic terrorism/Fox News. Are you two suggesting the natives are taking a stance with the Islamic world?

I'm not connecting the two. Not with conditions on the ground. In reality. Not outside of some few non profit organizations. The kind that back nazis in Europe and black advancement movements in the US.

Or is this a exercise in using the tragedy of a people to advance your own ideas of how the world should be?

If you need to bash the United States government a more current and relevant situation would be easier to digest.

How about the arming of rebel groups in the Arab countries? The administrations always like doing this. Even the current one.

13. Unless of course you are trying to set precedence using manifest destiny and the establishment of a Islamic caliphate.

14. "Humans are so interesting..." ~ Ryuk. (Death Note) Coming from an Atheist Cherokee/Caucasian mix, I felt that was a good quote for this debate. Keep the entertainment coming.  I learn from this kind of argument while I root for some arguments and roll my eyes at others.  Either way, my thoughts are simple: Killing, unless in last resort self-defense or for food (No, cannibals, that does not include you. ), is wrong. Maybe there's a gray area. (As is true with most situations) but as far as I can tell, murder is counter-productive to everything we live for (which, in my opinion, is for our species to LIVE) Why the **** are we killing each other (since the beginning of our existence) Because one person believes one thing and another believes something a little different? And then LABELLING our brothers and sisters as a bad person because they believe in a different prophet/Messiah? Hey! You only get one life. Wake up and smell the damn roses. Or Wisteria. I prefer Wisteria, but would not judge my fellow humans by their preferred floral scent. All I want is for Christians, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, Zoroastrians, atheists, deists, agnostics, etc (because the full list would take hours) to get along... After all.... We're all living beings, a rare phenomenon. Celebrate that. We're an awesome happening. Yet we overlook it because of our differences.... Why? Why is it so hard for the most intelligent species known (so far) to inhabit the universe to agree that we should care about each other when it's ingrained in our DNA? ...It makes me sad....

15. Generally, murder happens for only a few reasons:

1. Revenge - if personally motivated I can kind of understand, revenge attacks for insult to a religion or institution however, can only occur if the perpetrator already WANTS to commit murder, it's just an excuse for them to reason it with.

2. For some reason people take LESSONS that were written in books thousands of years ago to be laws that are somehow relevant now. Not only do they take life lessons given in religions far too literally, but they also pick and choose which parts to listen to, to suit they're agenda, human actions are what makes religions flawed.

3. Personal greed.

On another note however, the world would be even more overpopulated if everyone stopped killing each other.

16. Religion is not the problem. People are. Anytime you have a large group of people, greed inevitably breeds corruption no matter how benevalent the system. It doesn't matter if the group of people are a religion, government or a philosophical society. This is the way of people. So many people incorrectly point the at Christianity, Islam or other religions.

@renamed. If you think Christianity doesn't get guff on media then just read what hydra-shock wrote. But just saying that makes me think you live in a media coma.

17. Let's go with Canary Wharf, Brighton hotel and Omagh bombings or we could talk about ETA golden dawn biedermienhof gang and of course Timothy Mcveigh Oklahoma federal building all non Muslims

18. Ok as for OP first tip don't watch Fox News it's about as real as the rest of foxes programming.

If you want some more even coverage try BBC or Al jezerra ideally watch a couple of news channels and read some newspapers look online and try to understand the bigger picture behind the news of today.

19. Hydra im on no side here i am of no religion just not a big fan of the news they havent got enough time or choose not to show enough of a story to make a judgement most of the time, any news not just the topic of this thread

20. Yea. Cause he Koran is such a peaceful story book by itself . That thing is full of hate and violence! Don't bore me about the peaceful minority... I think we all know that they're irrelevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.