Change the Frontier Spyglass

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by J-A-B, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Let's also point out that we were explicitly told when we'd get the other spyglasses.

2. I don't know why people haven't picked up on that, chaos. It has been built into the design of events since the build tokens.

No support btw. It's a terrible idea. Stop putting yourself before what is best for the game. Because if the game dies, your account is worthless no matter what.

3. You seem to be mistaking everything I say for something else (it's actually not just you, it's been like 5 people today so it must be me :lol: )

Let me lay it out:

Do I support the current way spyglasses work? Yep

Is it reasonable to expect to receive this spyglass in a popup message after reaching 6mil wisps? Of course.

But I don't like that unless people were tracking and extrapolating wisp counts of the course of the event you wouldn't be able to figure out when this spyglass would be received. For anybody who had been saving up loads of gold to buy land before the new ones came out, they kinda got screwed out of maximum efficiency of this particular spyglass.

*Edit* Let us also not forget people in other TZs, who had even less notice than people awake now :lol:

4. You think this game was called "dress up my barbie doll" as much crying that goes on everytime dev do a promo or give away free stuff.

Just remember "Theirs no crying in baseball or war games" ^_^

5. So if it was reasonable to expect them to be received after the pop up message... It's not that hard to keep track. It is in the WA 24/7 being updated every hour. It doesn't take much thinking to anticipate that when you wake up or in the next hour it might be at 6M.

You're just making up excuses for for people.

6. Support of course

7. That's the whole point surely? If they were done like building tokens then people with trillions out would buy up all cheaper lands first and get the last ones for free. I don't think that's the intention of the devs for this, its more of a catch up/here's a few lands to get you started on new lands, it's fair.

8. They did warn us. In the event thread. States it fairly clearly.

9. That would be a more legitimate argument if the hourly increase was linear. Easy peasy in that case.

It wasn't though...

10. Anyways, I think we both have better things to do than argue on the internet :lol:

This is my last post on the matter, but it was nice having somebody with reasonable arguments for once :)

11. No support.

12. As posted over and over, just like the threads complaining about build tokens expiring before build complete accounts could use them on new lands....

The goal behind ata doing this is to help non-build complete accounts catch up to the BC folks. It's simple, obvious, and good for the game.

Why fight it? Why complain? Everyone gets free stuff, yay!!! The smaller folks get help catching the bigger folks, yay!!! The greedy and shortsighted folks complain all day on forums, booooo!!!

13. Support for spandex. But only for those with the build for it.

14. SUPPORT. Let us chose when to use it

15. Support .... I would also be happy if Spyglass was only for new lands, if we can't have them like a build token and choose when to use them.I remember saving for two months trying not to get in any scraps just to make the 1 tril for my last land, I hate saving so it does sting a little when many can receive 2.5 tril free land.As for closing the gap all these plunder spells, chests etc help those who wish to catch up do so.

16. No Support then all LB players would be closer to Build Complete with all there trillions saved up for these new lands.

17. @spicee - How does giving spenders the ability to make 10x as much as non spenders help people catch up?

Seriously, 24xtals with 300% plunder on hte will make a hell of a lot of gold.