Android Price Changes

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 15, 2015.

1. As @sas said...you know nothing. Google decided nothing yet. Probably they will, probably soob,but nothing was announced so far.

Anyway with "Android decided" you showed how familiar you are with the subject.

2. Correct. But it's only the UK that uses GBP  and as we are a part of the EU (for now...) we have to suffer the price changes of politics...

3. Android prices have always been slightly cheaper than ios, for them to make the prices the exact same is ridiculous and goes to show they taking advantage of situation to make extra bucks. Unfortunately I'll continue to spend as they know we will all will do, but it must be said the inflation rates r ridiculous, and to level the playing field that wasn't equal before, it's a mockery n blatant penny grab tactic!

4. $0,99 is €0,99 now :lol:

5. Get them now for a bargin before it rises hahaa

6. It's actually very good timing on devs part.

Apple raised their fees, android will follow soon enough with a slightly lower price hike. By putting them equal, devs will have the opportunity to raise apple prices again to keep the "balance".

The reason they can do this is players spend the money.

Raise spending, raise the prices. Lower spending, lower the prices. Offer and demand...

7. make the new banners like this
    [​IMG]

8. What a cheeky opportunistic money grabbing pile of ******** I've seen for a long time!

If Google have lower charges than apple you don't increase your prices to match another distributers(and pocket the increase ).

This has caused a massive 15% increase in prices.

If you think google is to going increase their charges due to exchange rates and vat increases - wait till they inform you. They won't inform you on any vat increases in 2015 for the EU (inc UK) mainly because (other than Luxembourg ) no EU country has raised Vat for 2015!

Maybe ata are trying to get money off the Android community as a result of ata totally flopping with perfect drift having to close it down and blaming android users for this??

But the simply solution now if Android (and apple) users --- buy items using PC via PayPal - these are 10% cheaper!!

9. But the simply solution now if Android (and apple) users --- buy items using PC via PayPal - these are 10% cheaper!![/quote]

I think the simple solution is reduce spending. If demand goes down, prices will go down (for all).

10. I'm wondering what Google will think about ATA setting pricing policies in Google Play Store according with Apple's pricing policies.

11. Boycott!!!!!!!!!!! No Support!!!!!!!!!

12. I blame Apple for this

14. countries changed vat prices last year though and no price changes in kaw... :)

15. Devs can you stop killing kaw slowly and hurry it up please, game is costing me a fortune and im far to deep in to quit :( . Help

16. So there's an increase in tax, so you decide to increase the price on things that don't cost you anything in order to compensate? Do you want to kill the game?

17. Now the androids start to moan  it was bragging the other day about apple 

18. Almost flipped out, then realized USA isnt changing. Thank you Jesus.

19. no harm in moaning about this i think,it could be a step too far with all the discontent there has been in wc and forums this past few months . A tipping point will eventually come if it carries on- just take take take , we only have just so much disposable income.

20. No they didn't! Do a bit of research!

BUT THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS:

For those interested in this (if not then don't bother reading) - Think I have found out the real reason for the change which basically comes down to the fact that ATA were fiddling their non-usd sales (specifically to EU members with the Vatable amounts payable). If any international tax experts reading this and care to comment or correct?

It has NOTHING to do with changes in EU member's VAT rates (as suggested in their initial post) - this is just an excuse for their tax avoidance!

All to do with new 2015 EU Regulation regarding EU VAT Changes to Electronic services.

Pre 2015 - it was left up to the supplier (ATA) to calculate the VAT amount based on the country of supply and the Gplay (and apple) would use this amount (with their exchange rates) - this can be seen if you look at a Google invoice pre 2015 - the amount does not contain any VAT amount as this is already included and calculated by ATA.

Now as from Jan 1 2015 - for non usa sales the new VAT amount to EU members is to be calculated from the location of the customer - so if brought in UK the VAT needs to be calculated and included on the final invoice as if sold in the UK (if you see a 2015 invoice now from google you will see this VAT amount has been included).

Instead of ATA calculating the VAT as pre 2015 - gplay and apple are responsible for the VAT calculation (looks like google never told ATA about this)

Because the way ATA were calculating a lower and incorrect amount of VAT (some would say fiddling the figures) to what they should have been paying then they are not making as much profit.

The way they have got around this is just to increase the price of items thus resulting in price increased in both google and apple.

So just for the new EU regulations - this isnt google or apples fault - seems to be ATA fault for trying to avoid to pay taxes that they should have been initially paying.