Gateway to the Abyss

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 8, 2015.

1. To actually aim for something because the rewards aren't really that great besides the frontier hour glass

2. Ok sounds good but only reason i aim to win EQ is for warring.
    Others have their reasons.
    I want to use what I win or earn or buy.

3. The Frontier Spyglass isn't that great for the vast majority of players.

It will only open up the first few lands automatically free of charge and we all know these won't be that expensive.

They become a worthwhile item if they become player activated...not ATA activated

4. Every time you post you use green and purple are you secretly the hulk

5. It can be used for any lands, I'm unlocking the rest of hf. Also the vast majority, which sounds like you mean Bc people, have already saved up enough for most the new lands. You don't have to use on the first lands.

6. Where have you read this?

kaw_admin response to this question on page 30 of this forum says they will be activated automatically and not when you want like the build tokens were.

Also, initial forum post states 'when you have this item in your inventory the next land you uncover will be free of charge'. So whatever land you need to unlock, it will use the Spyglass automatically in sequence. If you are lucky enough to have just a few HF remaining then great...but if you are build complete then it obviously sucks as it will open your initial (and cheap) lands first rather than saving them for more expensive lands.

7. Me trying to be the first person to post this thread... 

8. First, and only rule in forums..

9. I didn't think of this lol, I have 9 HF lands left so I might try and rush a few now so that I am not wasting these spy glasses on 180b lands 

10. Just save until the new lands come out, then buy cheap lands and then use glasses. Save a little more and start buildings.

Ezpz

11. That's just the point...you can't buy lands AND THEN use spyglasses!

The use of the spyglass is automatic and will be activated WHENEVER you choose to open your next land.

12. Take a look at upper right corner of lowlands. That looks like the entryway to the abyss.

13. So, we have people who are BC mad because the items that will unlock lands will benefit people who are lower more than they will benefit people who are higher.

Seriously?

we're talking probably less than a 1 tril difference in the benefit of the items, and if you're BC, a tril isn't that much to you. Heck, with all the bonuses kicking around, I saw someone made a tril in ONE HTE.

oh! the horror! we're letting people who are not LB catch up a teeny tiny bit! it's the greatest injustice in the history of gaming! Call the police!

Seriously folks...if you're #1 for a year straight, you should expect a game developer to make ways for people who are #1,000 to gain a bit more than you. It's just good game design to make it challenging to stay on top.

It is bad game design to make it so once you're #1, it is nearly impossible to dethrone you. It's boring to see a "top 100" that never changes.

Imagine how exciting sports would be in there was never an upset, if the team predicted to win always won. If the championship was so predictable you could set your clock to it.

I'll be on the line, calling the wahhbulance so the fairamedics can patch up your injured feelings.

:roll:

14. Very well said.

15. "Assumption is the mother of all **** ups"
    --under siege 2--

Why do people assume land 76 will be cheap and land 100 extremely expensive?

A 2-3 trillion land will get all kinds of ppl bitching.

I predict every new land (76-100) will be 500 bill each.

Land token issue = resolved

16. When do we get a leaderboard?

17. Land 100 will not be 500b :)

18. They should release 2 sets of new lands..
    All gold, ally, gap issues solved.. Think about it

19. Will u b able 2 use spyglass on any land like one of last lands on hf r does it have 2 b used on the new lands coming out