New Player Spell

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -Fin-Nor-, Jan 6, 2015.

1. New players are the foundation of this game. And Players who quit need to be replaced by New players. These new players are finding it difficult to attain low cost allies to achieve max plunder on eb's. In many cases the new players quit quickly as frustration of being without allies mounts.

Proposed solution:

1. Extend 'new player' spell to 2 weeks
    2. Have 'new player' spell include max plunder feature (essentially a phantom ally with same effect as a 25b ally).
    3. At each login, alert the new player that the new player spell (and phantom ally) will expire soon. Message: 'save up and buy allies to increase your future earnings'.

Let's give the new players a chance to avoid the frustration and ease the learning curve.

2. Support I guess but keep it 1 week

3. Support was very hard starting up.

4. -.- Although I hate people like this. Youre bigger than I was in 25 days than I was in 3.5 yrs.
    You used to have to work for what you got. New players have been pampered more than ever. We all had to start. Trust me when I say it was MUCH harder. You guys are practically handed LLBC. The only reason I support is bc of the ally market inflation NOT bc I think new players need more help.

5. Support

6. Why do people say its so hard for new players to start up? I've managed to create 2 alts and get them both over 1.5T in under a month, without volleying money to them. If new players just keep using their initial volley money to hire 10-500m allies, they will sell instantly and they'll have their first 1b in about 10 mins.

7. we're talking about players who has never had any contact with the game before. how would they know to do that? this preposition isnt for existing players, its for bringing fresh and new players into kaw.

also, allies between 10-500m is pretty much non-existent.

8. They pop up if you keep checking, or keep hiring when they are still under 100k and wait til they get there

9. Yup it was harder we didn't hv this thing called hte.. Support thou for the Allie replacement thou

10. Early player progression is something that is being discussed and looked into at this current time, fear not!

11. Any talk of the roadmap?

12. Wasnt last years Jan 24? I would expect one around then.

Going off memory.

13. The roadmap was indeed around January last year! Whether the devs will remake one for this year is entirely unknown to me guys.

I frankly do not know.

14. 1.5tril isn't that much if youre in an b2b hte clan, and not all players are willing to pay for a seal.

15. I dont know.. Maybe teaching them how to do it? Step out of the SS/TSG/HTE clan sometime and donate your time to helping new players. Its only fake gold.

16. Back in my day I made 10k on first hits. You expect this game to be a walk in the park? Hell no this game isn't a walk in a park. This game is almost as serious as WWII. Make your players work for their money like a stripper works for hers. Lots of blood, sweat, and effort.

17. "Back in my day"

:roll: Im from "your day" and no blood, sweat and effort went into anything. We had these fancy things called osfs and inactives and pwars. We talked alot and laughed in wc. This game wasnt about how high you were but about how you were known.

18. many experienced players are doing all they can to teach new players "the ways of this game". but they can only help so many players and the ones who ask for help. point is, a new player plunder spell would allow new players to get the hang of the crucial ally plunder component of this game and encourage them to keep playing.

(new players also = better ally market)

19. Most allies are now volleyed to 1B regardless of stats. Assuming a new player does some initial building and joins a clan they will likely be volleyed to 5B or perhaps even higher. However, a new player only receives 110M from being volleyed to 5B (~269 hires) due to the 1M gold cap per hire in place for the ally (not the buyer or seller). This is not enough to acquire rapidly moving allies (which go to 1B practically immediately) even if they do have the knowledge to do so, or if they (*gasp*) spend money on their starting build.

Perhaps increasing the ally's volley gold cap to 5M or even 10M would be helpful. This would give new players up to 624M gold right away (@ 5B value w/ 10M cap level), and assuming they spend money on their build, would immediately make them more powerful / earn more gold even without being at MP. But this also might just further exacerbate the KAW inflation issue.

Did you really just compare KAW to WWII? :shock: