Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. To be succinct: content. Switching around the content does not change the meaning of the message.

Example: Hire me, I am for hire, Please hire me. << Silenceable. Variations of the same message, which similar content, and the same intent: Hire.

Example: Blue family clan A and B and C, blue family clan B and A and C, Blue family B and C and A. << Silenceable. Variations of the same message, with similar content, and the same intent: Blue.

The point I believe you are trying to make is commonly referred to as reductio ad absurdum. Which, in case you were wondering, is not a wizard spell, but really ought to be one. Herbology perhaps.

Spam clogs WC so people can't chat. As a Moderator, I represent the community who want to chat in WC, instead of peering around the awkward edges of endless Blue.

To your next point: discrimination and the TOU.

Discrimination applies to situations where people post offensive remarks about gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, or disability. Should I see posts, spam or otherwise, that discriminate against other users in this way, I assure you, I will silence.

2. The op is definitely open to interpretation. Some mods see it one way and other mods see it differently. The Devs should clarify if saying Hi using a alliance tag is considered spam.

Honestly it hurts nothing and tags showing up in WC brings people out to chat. If that is what the devs would like, more chat and less ads, then alliance tags should be allowed.

3. Daphnia you gotta loosen up the leather a little bit.. You are obviously very good at articulating and defending the tou.

But you have to understand the spirit of the rule or why it's there.. Some cases might be silencable but shouldn't be silenced. Remember this is just a game and it's meant to be fun. If some people are abusing it, yea silence.. But sometimes certain players bending the rule is good for the game.. It's fun and entertaining for everyone

4. I wonder if mister_universe is a alt or not he is awfully bitchy for a experienced player if an alt which leads me to believe he is a noob. So the new guy needed to learn the rules now he should know so let this thread die again. :)

5. Made my day.

6. BS, Our family and apoc alliance have similar but different ads/banners for wc. They are how ever "different" due to them being for different clans. Mods just see the similar part and silence with out actually looking to see if it is a different clan. Saying that Clan 1 posts 2 ads , Clan 2 posts 2 ads, then Clan 3 posts 2 ads and gets silenced is the right action is quite rediculous. Mods need to look before silencing, if they come from the same clan i agree but if not, EACH clan is allowed 5 ads.

7. Wow my post on 2nd page is old :lol: I remember those days

8. I apologise for this slightly off topic post but this has to be done....

Please tell me it's at least an invisibility cloak?!

I'm sure this can be arranged

Well Professor Flitwick is a very powerful wizard

It certainly sounds like Herbology

All in all, what an incredible array of references. Now I have taken too much time for this post and am now late for astronomy in the north tower!

Kudos Daphnia. Kudos.

9. Leave it to potter to do some grade A brown nosing

10. Get rid of world chat and add unicorn RP tab instead.

11. I think you'll find that Hermione gets all the best grades.

12. Another game I play has ad tab, where if you speak in there you get silenced, vice versa world chat, if you ad you get silenced. I think that would work here.

13. Bro idk what the hell you're talking about but it seems like you are trying to hit me off with some sort of Harry potter insult

14. Support, and looks like someones being a i-want-to-be-friends-with-a-mod brown noser.

15. The spam rule is unjust and arbitrarily enforced. Thumbs down. We've suggested and been rebuffed many times on creating an ad channel.

Silenced players cant participate in the community kaw created and should be reserved for egregious offenses.

If people could actually FIND THE EPIC they want ads would be less necessary.

16. Did you really need to bump this?

17. Thread bumped.
    Mind numbed.
    Logic burned.

18. I typed my response to another thread that was locked while I was forming a response, the mod linked to this thread so I pasted reply here. The wc spam rule cant be fairly enforced from day 1. Just saying.

19. It's like almost year 2... What is this day one you speak of?