NEWS: Sydney Australia hostages held by jihadist

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_-That-__Luccus__-Guy-_-, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Given that the Aussie police dont know who it is...any statement about who it is or what the person stands for is premature.

It was just reported on the local "ten" tv news that they had spoken to hostages who said there were 4 bombs...scary. The reporter said that the terrorist has demanded a IS flag in exchange for a hostage. They also demanded to speak to the Prime Minister.

I hope everyone gets out ok. I hope the bombs are not real. I hope this is the act of a misguided individual.

The thought of bombs at the control of a terrorist who forgot their flag symbol is perhaps more concerning than dealing with someone more organised.

My thoughts are with the hostages and their families.

2. Exactly^ I sure hope so too

3. Wait. Holy ****! Is this real? Wow I have detached myself from the world for one day to rest, and I see this the next day. I hope this ends without any death of innocent citizens. If it is already over, then even better.

4. Deport him and his kind don't want them

5. This is world war 3, terrorist against the world. I hope Obama steps up his game.

6. Good times those were. Lots of smelly people but no one ****** with my trees! Xmas lights and paper bah! 

7. I agree

8. Should? I already do :lol:

9. This crap is so out of hand now, I think that the radical actions should be condemned, and the extremisys removed, I can however understand that many Middle-Eastern and some Asian groups have been opressed by America's 'grab thay oil' nature. Both sides must meet an ultimatum, such as; attacks on your people will stop when you leave our countries affairs to our country. This will never happen though as America is a crazed oil addict, who will use force and false causes to gain it. And radical Middle-Eastern/Asian people want revenge for the damage Western countries have done to their countries.

10. This is awful wish the best for them and there families

11. Wow i guess its americas fault that a holy war between muslims and christians started what 2000 years ago. /End sarcasm here

12. Still underway.
    5 hostages have been left out so far, not sure if they "Escaped" or the Gunmen let them go. Almost 12 hours now, I say send in the ******* army but they can't because it isn't classed as a "terrorist" Attack, only as a crime which Is why the police are on scene.
    Just send in Tony abbot, we don't need him, if that's what the gunmen wants then give him the monkey.

13. This is the logical peaceful action with no lives wasted.. Tony abbot has no soul.

14. The 3 requests he used the hostages facebook accounts to spread word.....he is sick  wish it was over for those poor people

15. We both know that won't happen but man it would be the best solution.

16. Americans are descended primarily from European colonists who settled in the 1600s-1800s. Also a Holy war 2000 years ago is not relavent in todays society. This is not a Holy war either. Conflicts like this appear to have a 'just' cause when in fact there is substantial material gain. By the way Britain also shares some blame as well as America, as they have mainly encouraged their 'justified' invasions in the past.

17. Not many new updates on the situation. There is 5 hostages out it still hasn't been confirmed if they escaped or were released. One hostage has been taken to hospital for a pre existing medical condition.

On other note Trending nationwide #illridewithyou tag Australians showing their support to the Islamic community by offering to sit proudly by their side on public transport tomorrow.

I love my country ,despite this situation, there are so many amazing people still smart enough to not let one individual speak for a religion.

Australians looking out for Australians ️don't give a **** what your religion is , if you live in australia your an Aussie ️

18. Newsflash war never changes, america wont be the last country to act in such a fashion. blame humanity's past deciding our future as we are stuck in this unending pattern of war and violence.
    Peace is a myth
    freedom is a lie

19. Nobody knows what he represents or wants atm. Making ill informed comments doesn't help the hostages or their families. In all likelihood this is the act of one deranged man trying to make a point, who has now gotten himself into a situation he doesn't know how to get out of.
    As bunny said, Aussies stick together and will get through this. Hopefully without any loss of life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.