Interstellar - Worth seeing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dictionary, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Interstellar

So my friend and I were thinking of going out this weekend to see Interstellar at the cinema (yes, I know we've missed the boat a fair bit). I've noticed that it has an IMDB rating of 8.9/10, which is insanely high (placing it in the top bracket of movies ever).

But, having read a number of comments/reviews online, there is a lot of contrasting opinion... some say it was the best film they've ever watched, whereas others are claiming it is incredibly overrated.

So, for those of you who have seen it, what did you think of the film? Is it a masterpiece or did you find it to be underwhelming? I'm genuinely curious as to why it's had a lot of contrasting opinions.

2. 7/10 would bang, I mean watch.

3. Oh look, it's the Archbishop of Banterbury!

4. I think it was a great movie! I went to see with my girlfriend and a couple friends the only complain we had was it was so long!!!! We made fun of how long it was. The movie was very interesting! A lot of illusions that foreshadow the future of the movie. All you have to do is really pay attention. Also as I said before 3 hrs long is actually very tiring to sit and watch ! I was really impressed and Mattew McConaughey is OUTSTANDING Actor. His delivery in the movie is over the top! It has everything drama, action, love, the whole packet! I recommended seeing this movie and getting back to me.

5. Thanks for the reply! Sounds great. I love long movies, such as the LOTR series... so that's no problem :)

6. The movie is incredibly slow at times, but has a storyline worth paying attention to, (and I mean PAY ATTENTION). If you don't you'll be stuck towards the end wondering what the hell is going on. I'd watch it again. 8/10

7. If you're interested in those types of movies, then I would suggest watching it. However, for myself personally, I don't have the attention span to sit still and watch a movie that is 3 hours long. And the last time I did ..was when I watched the Titanic. *moonface*

8. Fantastic movie, yes it's long but it flew by for me. And as another poster said, you've really got to pay attention. For me it was one of those blew my mind movies.

9. if you enjoyed Contact then Interstellar is excellent.

10. Definitely enjoyed watching Interstellar. It's a long and involved show, meaning it will make you think, however if you're at all interested in Sci-Fi or Space shows I'd call it a must watch. If you can, see it in IMAX as it makes the whole experience even better.

11. IMAX movies are tough for me, last movie o tried to watch in it was lord of the rings and it literally gave me a headache.

12. I think I'll watch interstellar now.

13. If he's the Archbishop, who is the king?

14. Me

15. I thought it was really good, I recommend it.

16. It was a very, very good movie until he was inside....mmm I don't wanna spoil it for you. But yes, I would reccomend you go watch it bud.

17. Agreed enjoyed the movie excluding the last 20~ minutes which ruined it a bit for me .

6/10

18. 10/10 From studying space and physics and the theory of relativity. This movie combines all of that into a 2 hour and 30 minute movie of true science that will grasp your attention in 10 minutes. This is definitely up in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.