Starfall Event Update

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dtw pretty much killed this event for me. Where is the fun in a war game where the key strategy is to keep yourself weak so others can't hit you back?

Rewarding players for being weak doesn't make much sense does it?

Keep weak and carry on all.

2. I'm sure this has been said before but it just doesn't make sense that you can't attack somoen because they don't have enough if thirty troops left to fight back well.

If you dont have enough troops to defend your kingdom an invading army is going to plunder it. Period. It's not going to turn around and go home

3. I don't think it a good idea to plunder n loot when someone is weak...I have played those kinda game.. I think there is one game call true Spartan on android I think.
    It's like Pvp game. U build n rise u army against another player. Big guy Crush n looted all players even small tiny little one. When u r small u will be crushed n lost all u gold. Well guess what it not fun. U don't have time to build any thing..I hope it not going to happen here. This is a strategy game not a bully ass game...

4. ^^
    Speak English

5. Usually I wouldn't go for this type of event but considering I'd just spent a lot on upgrades & had only about 2 bill in gold left, I thought I'd give it a go.
    So far I've lost that 2 bill but does it really matter? Not Really No, One eb after the event & I've got it back so not really.
    The event I've had fun, had some difficulty finding someone that wasn't too weak or I wasn't too weak to attack has been a bit of an issue for me.
    Granted I'm not likely to get a reward from what I've done but who cares, I took part.

6. This game has a lot of ways to both earn and bank gold. Buy pots and then sell them when you need the gold, or do an eb if you need to
    Earn some more. There is also lots of ways you can limit bullying like only letting kingdoms of a similar size fight.

Dtw is a cop out. What's wrong with this idea, once your spy bar is zero any spy action by an enemy automatically succeeds as long as it beats any static defence, same with troop attacks. If they have no gold then you might get a bit less plunder but its up to you to decide if its worth attacking someone with no gold.

In kaw you don't really lose much when you get hit as they can't destroy your buildings only take your un banked gold. What's frustrating as Hell is being told you can't attack someone because they are too weak. It doesn't make sense and creates a negative play experience.

I don't mind getting hit, what I don't like is being unable to hit back because my opponent doesn't have sufficient forces to stand up to my armies. Being "too weak" shouldn't be a good thing.

7. Everyone hits from dtw and it's completely hopeless to hit back.

Next PVP event I say the dtw mechanic should be removed.

8. So everyone who doesnt have massive towers is screwed :(

9. Cuz of this event

10. Nope, just remove the fact that when ur hit u lose shards as well as the others gain them. Sure you'll still get beat up but at least you won't lose days of work overnight because you didn't stay awake 24/7 to keep yourself pinned.

11. You all just suck.

12. The same way that you can generate a sword out of thin air, you should have a chance to lose it upon hitting, possibly a very high chance on a failed action (attack or steal). That should prevent a lot of the self-pin exploit as hitting from pin is certainly more hazardous.

However, I feel this problem stems from one simple issue: the shards steal rate is way too high (~1% base, ~2%+ with blade/spell). It makes it way too easy to steal away hard-earned shards in a matter of minutes (with xtals) or merely a few hours.

(Apologies for reposting that second part from another thread but I felt it was relevant to the present discussion)

13. Great event! Please do it again!

14. The steal rate is not too high. Having it at this level forces u to find players who pay more to try and get ahead of the pack....so u hit more players. Thats the point of a pvp event.

15. I would agree 100% with you, mdjbags if it were not for that little issue:
    No matter the size difference, the shard steal rate is the same. It is almost uniquely based on the amount of shards held by the target. One did get bonus shards for hitting bigger targets but there was no negative damping in the case of hitting smaller targets, unlike conventional plunder.

In other words, there is NO incentive to hit targets your size or bigger, rather the incentive is to hit any smaller targets with a high quantity of shards. Bullying much ?

Because the truth is that by 'finding players who pay more', other players won't go for the bigger fish, just for the smaller ones trying to grow...

A proof of that: all the LB thresholds have been increasing at a increasingly faster rate every day EXCEPT for the lowest one, the top 1k. The rate of progress is actually DIMINISHING, meaning they are not earning as much as before.

Explanation: the small fish are being eaten by the big ones who don't attack each other.

One final word: I have not been that excited in KaW in years ! I am loving every minute of that event (well, except the sleepless nights..) (proof of that: I think I just doubled my forum posts total in a few hours :D )

16. Can the daft mods stop silencing people for useing words that can be found in a dictionary by 6 year olds.

17. Send proof etc to

Support@athinkingape.com

State game, account name and rough time

18. Useless support told me the devs take more notice from people who post on forums

19. When u give farmers added strength in next few hours, what are your plans to keep the farmers in check

20. Thats right real life drop outs . I was silenced for calling someone a idiot, then was informed the silence strike will not count against me in future. Weeks later I got silenced again & kaw told me this was my second silence strike.
    Devs/support/mods are useless. I even contacted support because 2 accounts useing bot on my main for three days and they only got them to stop, but they should of been banned according to tou.And sure enough they started farming it again 3 weeks later.i repeat devs/support & mods are useless and abuse thier own tou