What this recent event has shown

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -Sweet-n-Sauer-, Nov 28, 2014.

1. DISCLAIMER: Not claiming this is well written, but it was done on my phone at 12 in the morning.

That said from the recent complaints in forums and my own experience, I belive this event has demonstrated how large the hit restriction is, and how events should be opt in based instead of ppt out. Also for PvP events such as these, the amount of transparency should be increased, and the ratio of drops to hits. Besides that great first trial run for a PvP event, and maybe make a PvP season, kinda like wars.

2. I think the event is fine as it is, makes OSW so much more fun, but I do support the opt in idea. 

3. I agree that the hit restrictions are bad at the moment. One thing that would be nice in future pvp events, would be if they were shorter. A week of constant up and downs with shard hunting became rather tedious.

4. Opt out if u don't want tedious lol
    Nobody is forced to play this game

5. I think there shouldn't be an opt out.
    Bank your gold, and hit back.

6. There should be an achievement if you opt out... In the shape of a chicken or a fairy and gives you a minus to your stats...

My two cents from an ex eb fairy 

7. Pvp=real warriors

8. Maybe ppl can be autonomous n read up on fight mechs n learn how to defend n protect.
    Then at least a lot less drama n whining will occur. Otherwise if ppl r too lazy to bother its their problem. Its a war game after all.

9. Nice summary OP

10. In my views, the true problem was not the range of hitting. This range is the same in everyday KaW and not a real source of issues.

The problem was that, no matter the size difference, the shard steal rate was the same. It was almost uniquely based on the amount of shards held by the target. One did get bonus shards for hitting bigger targets but there was no negative damping in the case of hitting smaller targets, unlike conventional plunder.

In other words, there was NO incentive to hit targets your size or bigger, rather the incentive was to hit any smaller targets with a high quantity of shards. Bullying much ?

As far as I'm concerned, I also felt the shards steal rate was way too high (~1% base, ~2%+ with blade/spell). It made it way too easy to steal away hard-earned shards in a matter of minutes (with xtals) or merely a few hours.

**edited for a typo**

11. I had guys over double my size hitting for 3% of my shard count with the blade. Just ridiculous.

12. If u think this was Off Sistem War .... No way!

The PvP plunder should be double or triple than any Epic Battle !

And No Smurf Sword or any kinf of Blueberries is necessary !

U hit for Gold .... Thats it !!!

I hit for Fun .... 

13. I support

14. My idea for the opt-out spell was to change the color of the person in chat to bright pink and add small butterflies around the name, like the stars of the ASW... :twisted:

15. I love butterflies Daj 

This is really constructive feedback guys  keep it up.

What was the best thing in your opinions? What else do you think needs adjusting?

16. I feel that this was event was really fun
    However i woke up this Morning and found out my 1000 shards that i worked to build up was farmed from me in the 4 hours that i slept
    If it was normal circumstances id shrug it off
    However it was done by a person with 25M CS almost Quadruple My Cs
    Edit: Hes Still Farming Me :mad:

The hit restrictions Need to be changed because i couldnt even hit back fully mithriled and all items with my spies fully regen

That or Nerf the payout because everyone around my size is paying like 5 shards and as for me well apparently i pay like 3 times that

17. Dont change the rules part way in. Design an event and stick to it.

A week is fine.

No notice is good for pvp event. It has created a lot of activity...on all sides of the fence. I see people hitting people they would normally run away from...and thats a good thing. I see people diacovering the fun of pvp.

Opt in would be disasterous as too many would take the easy out...and miss out on discovering the fun. The game is not just about ebs. Wars are not predictable.

If u provided an opt out... (I wouldn't)...u would need to change the logic of the battle list so it only produced people with opt in...my battle list is too small as it is...the same few players appearing no matter how many times you refresh. I wouldnt want to have less variety iin the battle list.

Whatever happens...dont water down the event.

18. ...and for the record...former players ik in coc are talking about kaw again...they left because of the boring monotonous hunts...they come back for pvp action.

19. You should be able to opt out - if you get an EB ban for double the length of a pvp event